Humidifier question, mine just crapped out.

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

My humidifier started having issues so I'm trying to come up with something while warranty is handled.
Regular humidifiers that are not marketed for growing, can the nozzles be removed so pvc or flex pipe can be added to direct your mist?
I found someone local that has a brand new Pure Enrichment Hume XL Pro humidifier, they received it as a Christmas present and they've never used it. Retails for $100, I can get it for $40. Bit smaller then mine but I think it will work but I'm just not sure if I'm able to add pipe or hose where the nozzle is to direct the mist.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have a humidifier that was made for a tube out the top. It's supposed to be installed so the water can drain back down the tube into the tank. I think if the tube you use with the humidifier you're considering could drain like that, it probably would be okay.

Newty

Newty

I have a humidifier that was made for a tube out the top. It's supposed to be installed so the water can drain back down the tube into the tank. I think if the tube you use with the humidifier you're considering could drain like that, it probably would be okay.
Thanks for the info. I didn't think about it needing to drain back to tank, I'm going to have to see how it works.
I guess for $40 I'll give it a try, worse case I'll just use it while I'm sleeping but hopefully it works in my grow until warranty goes through for my tent one.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Yeah, that's the only thing I didn't like about the one I'm looking at is it's a bottom fill. It will only be temporary but still PITA to disassemble just to fill it.
My vivosun months later is a pia and I would never order a bottom fill again. The tint prevents algae and it's reliable outside of that

Newty

Newty

My vivosun months later is a pia and I would never order a bottom fill again. The tint prevents algae and it's reliable outside of that
Appreciate it, think I'll definitely pass on the bottom fill.
I guess for not much more then $40, I can get a grow humidifier the same size and keep it as a spare after my other gets fixed or replaced.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Appreciate it, think I'll definitely pass on the bottom fill.
I guess for not much more then $40, I can get a grow humidifier the same size and keep it as a spare after my other gets fixed or replaced.
Good plan, I have back ups of everything but my exhaust fan 🤞 someday I'll grav that

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
FYI:
Here's a pic of an AC Infinity humidifier. It has a hose attached (right side of pic), as I described.

I like this little Levoit humidifier. It didn't cost much and does a good job. I run it from a smart plug that's operated by my controller.

Both humidifiers fill from the top.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It's definitely nice to have a spare, even if it isn't needed very long. That one for $40 sounds like it would be a good one. Just make sure it doesn't have any lights on it and it can be started from a smart plug. (They need to be able to restore their settings after a cold start.)

Newty

Newty

I would use any top fill that holds at least a gallon of water so you dont have to refill often. Also make sure to use ro water if you can to keep calcium deposits out.
I buy distilled water, I keep reptiles as well and have to use the same for there misting systems anyways.
I thought about putting in a ro system but I can't get past all the waste, I guess I could have waste go to a reservoir and repurpose it but I figured it's cheap enough at $1 a gallon to buy.

Reactions: Siz
Siz

Siz

I buy distilled water, I keep reptiles as well and have to use the same for there misting systems anyways.
I thought about putting in a ro system but I can't get past all the waste, I guess I could have waste go to a reservoir and repurpose it but I figured it's cheap enough at $1 a gallon to buy.

I did that at first it was just too much to deal with. If you have a garden you can route your drain to outdoors.

I use a hydrologic stealth ro 300 and its plenty also use for my drinking water 😂

Newty

Newty

I did that at first it was just too much to deal with. If you have a garden you can route your drain to outdoors.

I use a hydrologic stealth ro 300 and its plenty also use for my drinking water 😂
I don't actually use distilled to water my plants, that would add up quick. I've been using tap water with a Zero Water filter, I'm sure not the best but I've had good results.

You're pretty happy with the Hydrologic Stealth RO 300? I might consider the RO 150 and have a dedicated faucet for it. Does it require a storage tank? How many gallons do you use a day? How long do the filters last you?

I never thought about using the waste for an outside garden, I could drain to a rain barrel outside.

It probably wouldn't take much to make a bottom fill into a top fill, I would think just a hole and a plug.

I wish more companies made humidifiers with the ability to add flex pipe or pvc pipe to relocate mist easier, I only see AC Infinity and Spider Farmer that have this.

Last edited:
Siz

Siz

I don't actually use distilled to water my plants, that would add up quick. I've been using tap water with a Zero Water filter, I'm sure not the best but I've had good results.

You're pretty happy with the Hydrologic Stealth RO 300? I might consider the RO 150 and have a dedicated faucet for it. Does it require a storage tank? How many gallons do you use a day? How long do the filters last you?

I never thought about using the waste for an outside garden, I could drain to a rain barrel outside.

It probably wouldn't take much to make a bottom fill into a top fill, I would think just a hole and a plug.

I wish more companies made humidifiers with the ability to add flex pipe or pvc pipe to relocate mist easier, I only see AC Infinity and Spider Farmer that have this.

Yeah I love it honestly. My tap comes in at 150ppm and I just changed the filters for the first time. I use about 10-15 gals a day right now but they last a while for me because my source ppm is low

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I would use any top fill that holds at least a gallon of water so you dont have to refill often. Also make sure to use ro water if you can to keep calcium deposits out.
I use these when I run my humidifier, absorbs the minerals so they don’t come down as a powder on your plants,

Can vouch they work great, I keep a 5 gallon jug of water full with 3 of these in it eliminated the issue completely, can use straight hose water in a ultrasonic with these

(I also put one right into the humidifier reservoir)

IMG 2466
Newty

Newty

I just picked up the humidifier I was talking about for $40. It seems like a decent unit but we will see. It's a bottom fill though but I think it will be ok for now.

Do you think I should get it off the floor more? I was using a humidifier with a hose that I could locate the mist much higher so I'm not sure if my location is optimal for this unit.

If you wondering why I have boards on the floor of my tent, it keeps the tent poles from pulling in do to the exhaust.
20240212 143717

Siz

Siz

I just picked up the humidifier I was talking about for $40. It seems like a decent unit but we will see. It's a bottom fill though but I think it will be ok for now.

Do you think I should get it off the floor more? I was using a humidifier with a hose that I could locate the mist much higher so I'm not sure if my location is optimal for this unit.

If you wondering why I have boards on the floor of my tent, it keeps the tent poles from pulling in do to the exhaust.
View attachment 2119483

Does that help? My trellis pvc frame is doing that job right now. Gotta build a second layer. The 8” really pulls the walls tight.

Siz

Siz

I use these when I run my humidifier, absorbs the minerals so they don’t come down as a powder on your plants,

Can vouch they work great, I keep a 5 gallon jug of water full with 3 of these in it eliminated the issue completely, can use straight hose water in a ultrasonic with these

(I also put one right into the humidifier reservoir)

I just cleaned my humidifier and even with using ro water i get a red gunk that builds up all over. Ever gotten this?

I have my hum set up to my ac infinity controller set to a certain vpd so it tracks depending on temp. Pretty neat I just started playing around with it

ACA4C712 158D 4DC2 8FC5 BCDFF71F47C8

Top Bottom