Humidifiers For Large Spaces?

• Thread starter Billyboat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
No problem fellas. Thank you for keeping me entertained and educated as well. Grow on peace.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
One of those in a 12k room and I can make rain clouds in there..even one in a 18k room I could make it 98% rh on demand

Billyboat

Billyboat

One of those in a 12k room and I can make rain clouds in there..even one in a 18k room I could make it 98% rh on demand

You must be running that Holy Water through that thing as I have never seen one of those units actually make a dent in the humidity of any room I've ever been in! lol

Cheers

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

@Billyboat did you have fans forcing air over the disc foggers? They put out way more volume that way than on their own. I run half as many as you for the same coverage, and I burned out a couple but it was because of dirty water. The manufacturer recommends alternating them with timers if you need constant-on, to avoid overheating.

Inline distribution is nice, I've been looking at the Excel Air units but guessing the other brands are cheaper? Do you have prices yet? And what sizes does your HVaC guy recommend per room volume? Probably important to add UV with these too?

Last edited:
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

You must be running that Holy Water through that thing as I have never seen one of those units actually make a dent in the humidity of any room I've ever been in! lol

Cheers

How are we having such wildly different results?

sixstring

sixstring

well if its 10-20%rh outside at billys grow and 50-60% rh outside at your grow then there will be major dif inside even a sealed room.plus he may be doing air exchanges more that other guys or he may have better air conditioners pulling more rh out as it cools his spots.lots of factors here guys.even how we all use co2 differently can have an effect on how rh builds or drops in our setups

sixstring

sixstring

plus how many sq ft of plant matter per sq ft of total room volume.like if he has 20'x20'x16'high room with 20kw and your room is 20x20x 10 high and you got it jammed packed full of plants but he has space between rows ect. lots of variables ay play here

Billyboat

Billyboat

@Billyboat did you have fans forcing air over the disc foggers? They put out way more volume that way than on their own. I run half as many as you for the same coverage, and I burned out a couple but it was because of dirty water. The manufacturer recommends alternating them with timers if you need constant-on, to avoid overheating.

Inline distribution is nice, I've been looking at the Excel Air units but guessing the other brands are cheaper? Do you have prices yet? And what sizes does your HVaC guy recommend per room volume? Probably important to add UV with these too?

Yes I am, 6" Can fan per 50 gallon tote, each tote has 4 12 disc foggers in them. They are controlled by my Iponic's, which cut them off for 1o min every hour.

Fuck Excel, they are just rebranded and over priced.

York or trane all the way.

We are going to start with one of the 24 gallon per day york units per 5 ton of ac and see how that goes. Yes UV will be added to these units as they will be fully ducted, 10 drops per 5 ton.

How are we having such wildly different results?

This time of year its hot, almost 100 out and dry as can be, I'm almost at sea level as well.

well if its 10-20%rh outside at billys grow and 50-60% rh outside at your grow then there will be major dif inside even a sealed room.plus he may be doing air exchanges more that other guys or he may have better air conditioners pulling more rh out as it cools his spots.lots of factors here guys.even how we all use co2 differently can have an effect on how rh builds or drops in our setups

This time of year its hot, almost 100 out and dry as can be, I'm almost at sea level as well.

Its easily 90 inside my facility where there is no AC.

I don't exchange any air at all.

Cheers

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

@Billyboat im running a big 5000 swamp kooler and its perfect for kooling the entire warehouse, as well as bring the humidity up to a respectable 60%+

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

the humidity makes the ac units produce more condensate but i just pipped that over to my clean water 275 tank.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Yes I am, 6" Can fan per 50 gallon tote, each tote has 4 12 disc foggers in them. They are controlled by my Iponic's, which cut them off for 1o min every hour.

Fuck Excel, they are just rebranded and over priced.

York or trane all the way.

We are going to start with one of the 24 gallon per day york units per 5 ton of ac and see how that goes. Yes UV will be added to these units as they will be fully ducted, 10 drops per 5 ton.

Its easily 90 inside my facility where there is no AC.

I don't exchange any air at all.

Cheers
I assumed as much, do you know what units they're rebranding? Their 2 room damper system and perforated duct got my mind turning, and looking for other sources now.

Are your Quests still on the ceiling, and do you see any disadvantage to running inline dehumidification like the Excel unit?

Billyboat

Billyboat

I assumed as much, do you know what units they're rebranding? Their 2 room damper system and perforated duct got my mind turning, and looking for other sources now.

Are your Quests still on the ceiling, and do you see any disadvantage to running inline dehumidification like the Excel unit?

I was always told that they are rebranded goodmans.

Any good hvac tech can put together a damper system just like they sell as a package, its isn't anything new.

I'm not familiar with the inline dehumidification set ups.

Yes I still have all mine hanging from the ceiling with unistrut, running like champs.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I believe the excels are rebranded Yorks actually.. Or used to be.. I have 2 - 4 tons a couple years old... 1 xl series.. That had a York sticker in the condenser box they must have missed.. I also have a 4 ton with there but in dehumidification.. I really don't care for that unit.. I have much better control over the other room with separate ac and quest Dehuey.. Honestly wouldn't purchase any of there units again.. Unless self install is a must and you have minimal experience.. The problem with unit with the Dehuey is during the night cycle.. Due to the unit only being able to cool or dehumidify you can't adjust night temps.. Room will still be 80 with lights off from the heat of the Dehuey.. If the thermostat is adjusted to lower night temps then the Dehuey doesn't kick on.. So finding a happy medium has been tricky. Otherwise it gets stuck on stupid and just switches back and forth and doesn't accomplish anything

C

CannaCurious

Thanks for the great info. Making my dive into sealed rooms and was looking for the best humidity option...

StandingRock

StandingRock

Does anyone have any experience with humidifiers for larger set ups? Doing some planning for some 40 and 60 light rooms and this is one area I am weak.

The ultrasonic ones are out of the question as they only last me about 2 cycles, I have 3k of them sitting that don't work.

Large swamp cooler? How many cfms?

Or air compressor with lots of nozzles plumbed throughout the room that spray a very fine micron mist?

Any links or info would be great.

@Texas Kid

What did you end up going with?

Top Bottom