Humidifying issue need to raise humidity

• Thread starter Skwurll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skwurll

Skwurll

Cool, yeah budget isnt an issue. I have no negative air pressure yet, waiting on a timer for my intake. That also could be an issue.

Anthem

Anthem

Cool, yeah budget isnt an issue. I have no negative air pressure yet, waiting on a timer for my intake. That also could be an issue.
There is no reason to put the intake on a timer. In fact an intake fan is not needed. You can use passive air for the intake you just have to size it correctly. The passive air intake needs to be 2 1/2 times the exhaust air duct size. Meaning the air of the duct needs to be 2 1/2 times the square inches of the exhaust. Negative pressure will make the walls of the tent suck in and there is no advantage to loosing area in the tent IMO.

Anthem

Anthem

If you would like to use a larger scale humidifier, more than likely you will need to place it outside of the tent and draw air into the tent that has already had the humidity adjusted. You hydro store should have some models for about a 300 square foot room. Try to get one with a float value in the base and pick up tubing and a rez. You will need to hang the rez above the height of the humidifier so the float value can gravity feed.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Hey, do you really like exec? I’ve been growing in soil almost 30 years now, but been thinking of trying it out to see diffence in quality, taste, potency, resin, and weight.
Just seen this, dunno what you mean by exec, and i even googled it lol. Ill assume you are asking if i like growing in hydro. I can say I have less than 6 months growing experience. I have never grown anything ever in dirt, not even outside, nothing. So when I decided to grow, something made me research Hydro and the different methods. I started with DWC while building my rdwc system. Ive done so much hydro research, and have seen so many diary's and yields. Like from my understanding and visual confirmation, You will either get double the yield, or cut your grow time down drastically, if done perfect, when compared to a perfect soil grow. I looked at it like this, if im going to do it, im going to do it the best possible way. Yet I love being challenged and learning from my mistakes, alot do not. Some will quit after they fail on their first DWC and go right back to soil. Some will fail on a drain and fill and never look at hydro again.

Your upfront cost is ridiculous when compared to soil. The learning curve is ridiculous when compared to soil too lol. . .in my opinion. A mistake gone unnoticed will cause faster damage than in a soil. You really have to be paying attention to it. When i first started my system, I was in the room daily for hours, and I was constantly dumping the mix and making new shit because i kept messing up. Every res change I got root rot. I had to massage my roots twice a day with my hands for a month on one plant, and 3 days on my current system. Its safe to say after 4 months of growing, I know understand sterile vs live environments lol. Im attempting a live environment, which is far harder than sterile in my opinion, cheaper, but harder. I now run 10 gallon of water per plant. Im building my third 6 plant fall ponics system, I will never grow in dwc. I will prolly tear down my current rdwc system and use that tent as a 6 plant veg tent. . .like its non stop with hydro. The more you learn, the better your grow will be.

My opinion, I will never run anything but a fallponics system. I have to change my current system only once every 3 weeks. . .its wild, ive gotten it to where its so easy to grow in hydro now. My yeilds and growth times, are beyond what I ever thought I could achieve. When I show my soil buddies my plants, they get jelly lol. . not even lying. So to stop this article, you just gotta want it. If you want to understand every aspect of hydro, vs just wanting more weight you will be good. If you get mad when you need to learn new things, if your not very adaptive and willing to learn. . .stay with soil.

Its all about the mindset of the individual for sure. . but I would always tell everyone. .ditch soil and grow in a fall ponics. . its the least amount of work required for the most boom. . .in my opinion.

Skwurll

Skwurll

Hey guys. I have an ac exhaust question. Is there a way to run it through with the regular exhaust fan in some sort of y-joint duct configuration. You think that would be an issue?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hey guys. I have an ac exhaust question. Is there a way to run it through with the regular exhaust fan in some sort of y-joint duct configuration. You think that would be an issue?
I’m not clear on exactly what you are asking.

Skwurll

Skwurll

I have an intake and outtake inline fan. I have an ac that requires exhaust. I have to find a way to exhaust the ac. I'm asking if it is ok to exhaust the ac through the same exhaust for the room using a duct y-connector. (So the room heat would exhaust into the same ducting as the ac) but through a y connector

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agree with @Anthem humidity the room the tent in... humidifying the tent just gets sucked out before it even mixes. Use an extraction fan that let's you set the humidity like a cloudline. The plants will be your humidifier just will have to be a touch easier on light with low humidity and very young plants is all.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Pics of your ac? What type is it? I know a few hacks for a few different types.

Skwurll

Skwurll

Yeah I'm literally 5 degrees and 10 percent humidity off from where I want to be. On a test run with this ac the low temps increased the humidity 10 percent then with the Hydroton llants and the fill I think I'll be golden. You guys agree? I suppose that one question about y-ducting the tent exhaust and ac that should be good right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom