Humidity Controller

• Thread starter Aloha4dayz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aloha4dayz

Aloha4dayz

Hey guys,

Looking for something to control my dehum/hum in a grow room. I want something as accurate as possible and hopefully with a deadband that can be adjusted. I was looking as some chinese stuff on amazon. And then it looks like Titan has something that might do the trick.

I suppose the real question is can anyone recommend a controller that would be more accurate compared to the Titan controller below.

Aloha in advance

Aloha4dayz

Aloha4dayz

Hey guys,

Looking for something to control my dehum/hum in a grow room. I want something as accurate as possible and hopefully with a deadband that can be adjusted. I was looking as some chinese stuff on amazon. And then it looks like Titan has something that might do the trick.

I suppose the real question is can anyone recommend a controller that would be more accurate compared to the Titan controller below.

Aloha in advance

I found this. This might be what I want. Anyone have any feedback on omega controllers?

Aloha4dayz

Aloha4dayz

Thanks for the reply Aqua Man. I was worried about the quality of the inkbird controller. I am not a huge fan of amazon chinese brands. But I guess for price it doesn't hurt to try.

Has anyone had a bad experience with Inkbird?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the reply Aqua Man. I was worried about the quality of the inkbird controller. I am not a huge fan of amazon chinese brands. But I guess for price it doesn't hurt to try.

Has anyone had a bad experience with Inkbird?
Been using em for many years now. Good budget option only ever had one issue and that was a brand new one. For the price buy 2 and keep a backup if your worried but I have no issue recommending them. If you can afford something top of the line go for it. If middle of the road I would just go budget

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I use inkbird controllers in my growroom and for homebrewing, they are pretty awesome for the price.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Inkbird are awesome.
I use this one.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Inkbird are awesome.
I use this one.
The only thing that needs to be pointed out is with this one it will either heat or cool and humidify or dehumidify.

The individual ones will do both. So it really depends what equipment your using

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
The only thing that needs to be pointed out is with this one it will either heat or cool and humidify or dehumidify.

The individual ones will do both. So it really depends what equipment your using
True that. Thanks for pointing that out. Don’t want to mislead 🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

True that. Thanks for pointing that out. Don’t want to mislead 🤣
No no not misleading at all I just seen a few people think you can heat,cool and humidify, dehumidify with them when they ordered then it comes and they are not happy.

That's a good option for most ppl.

Aloha4dayz

Aloha4dayz

Thanks guys. I have a split system that controls temp. But I also work in solar with a ME who does a lot of programming. I am wondering how hard it would be to make my own controller for RH.

The idea would be to optimize around RH 1st and temp 2nd. Currently with the lights on I am getting a high of 60% and a low of 50%. Is this big of a swing bad for the plants during veg? I know the vpd chart gives exact humidity to aim for. But I cant keep my room stable. The humidity swings up and down based on what my split ac is doing.

I am hoping the amazon controller with a hum/dehum can help dial things in.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks guys. I have a split system that controls temp. But I also work in solar with a ME who does a lot of programming. I am wondering how hard it would be to make my own controller for RH.

The idea would be to optimize around RH 1st and temp 2nd. Currently with the lights on I am getting a high of 60% and a low of 50%. Is this big of a swing bad for the plants during veg? I know the vpd chart gives exact humidity to aim for. But I cant keep my room stable. The humidity swings up and down based on what my split ac is doing.

I am hoping the amazon controller with a hum/dehum can help dial things in.
That swing is not to bad. Are you in a tent?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah I think you'll have a difficult time trying to chase those numbers any closer together. I'd be perfectly happy with 50-60RH.
I think VPD gets a bit over thought for most people. Unless you are running something like DWC or aeroponics with C02 enhancement and a ton of light, I dont think you'll see much if any benefit being so precise. Avoiding excessive dryness <50 in Veg and avoiding excessive humidity >55RH in flower keeping temps in a moderate range is enough to keep my plants happy, sometimes I need to tweak the ppm to control uptake a bit more is all.

Sometimes trying to over manipulate every variable just makes the grow a pain to manage, for little or no benefit.

Aloha4dayz

Aloha4dayz

You could call it a tent. My wife let partition off a wall in our master bedroom. Its made of wood and black/white poly. I have the flood table (5 gallon smart pots with soil mix) on wheels under 2 digital 1000w HIDs. Soon to be LED. (Still deciding between Fluence and HLG. Feedback is appreciated) There is a 6" inline fan in a small attached box that houses the dehum. The fan pulls air from the top of the smaller box and recircs it to the top of the big box. Where I have it input into Hood (heat from ththe bulb helps with dehum). Total canopy space is about 7.5' x 3.75'. Both boxes are very well sealed and I run CO2.

I run exotics only so really dialing in the enviroment is important to me. I want to have a lot of control. But maybe the space is just too small to really dial in. I know the more volume of air I am working with the less violent the swings will be. Might be time to take over the whole bedroom. (I WISH!)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I think you'll have a difficult time trying to chase those numbers any closer together. I'd be perfectly happy with 50-60RH.
I think VPD gets a bit over thought for most people. Unless you are running something like DWC or aeroponics with C02 enhancement and a ton of light, I dont think you'll see much if any benefit being so precise. Avoiding excessive dryness <50 in Veg and avoiding excessive humidity >55RH in flower keeping temps in a moderate range is enough to keep my plants happy, sometimes I need to tweak the ppm to control uptake a bit more is all.

Sometimes trying to over manipulate every variable just makes the grow a pain to manage, for little or no benefit.
Couldn't agree more and I'm a huge believer in VPD.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You could call it a tent. My wife let partition off a wall in our master bedroom. Its made of wood and black/white poly. I have the flood table (5 gallon smart pots with soil mix) on wheels under 2 digital 1000w HIDs. Soon to be LED. (Still deciding between Fluence and HLG. Feedback is appreciated) There is a 6" inline fan in a small attached box that houses the dehum. The fan pulls air from the top of the smaller box and recircs it to the top of the big box. Where I have it input into Hood (heat from ththe bulb helps with dehum). Total canopy space is about 7.5' x 3.75'. Both boxes are very well sealed and I run CO2.

I run exotics only so really dialing in the enviroment is important to me. I want to have a lot of control. But maybe the space is just too small to really dial in. I know the more volume of air I am working with the less violent the swings will be. Might be time to take over the whole bedroom. (I WISH!)
Hahaha dooo it. Yeah it's easiest to control the air before it's drawn in. Then with good air exchange you will get the most stability. But like @Dirtbag said at a point the difference is negligible

Top Bottom