Humidity in a sealed room

• Thread starter soaringfast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soaringfast

soaringfast

I'm encountering a high humidity problem.
My room is about 400 cubic ft 4 air cooled 600's, 1 ton mini, co2 1400ppm, and a dri eaz 100 dehumidifier which is 70 pint.

I have about 70 plants in 5" containers and I think I'm using about 7gals a day to water.

My dehumidfier is running full tilt just to keep the room around 55% at about 74 degrees. Not a big deal only being 3 weeks into flower but I can see in the future problems with mold etc....

Do I need a bigger dehumidifier?

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
54% humidity isn't bad. A new dehumidifier might run more efficiently and keep up easier but if your at 54% then it should'nt be a problem. Be careful when bringing new genetics into your grow. If they have PM etc. you will have to fight it. Keep it clean, Keep it green!

fred

hiboy

hiboy

How high does it get when your lights are off. Or does it always hang around 55ish.
hiboy

soaringfast

soaringfast

It actually drops easily when the lights are off. The plants are no longer transpiring so it's real easy to get it lower.

I'm thinking about getting a Sante fe classic for the room. 100 pints a day. Seems a bit of over kill but it will be a lot more effecient.

I'm really questioning my decision going sealed rooms now. A lot of money to get all the equipment. I'm sure when it's 100 outside this summer I will be glad I did but in the mean time it seems like a lot electricity that's powering lights.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
lights go off = more humidity.

fred

soaringfast

soaringfast

Fred, you are correct. But after 15 mins the moisture is out of the air and it's easy to keep the humidity low with my dehumidifier.

hiboy

hiboy

Ya thats the problemo with unsealed room----------summer temps are a killer. I will prob shut down for July, aug and sep.
hiboy

St3ve

St3ve

I know peeps that shoot for 70 all the time and they do well. I personally think 50-55 is perfect for veg->flower->drying->curing->smoking

M

MIway

I'm encountering a high humidity problem.
My room is about 400 cubic ft 4 air cooled 600's, 1 ton mini, co2 1400ppm, and a dri eaz 100 dehumidifier which is 70 pint.

I have about 70 plants in 5" containers and I think I'm using about 7gals a day to water.

My dehumidfier is running full tilt just to keep the room around 55% at about 74 degrees. Not a big deal only being 3 weeks into flower but I can see in the future problems with mold etc....

Do I need a bigger dehumidifier?

Surprised your rh is so high... you have some nice dedicated equip to that room!

Would recommend a few degree bump in temps... say to 80... rh will naturally drop a bit... and if you want to keep the ac cycling to remove more water... add an electric space heater in the room to force the issue.

You could always put in a small carbon scrubber & partially vent your room... which would likely drop the RH a lot.

You could also get the Sante Fe... shoot for the Dual Max vs the Classic... better.

GL

Top Bottom