humidity

• Thread starter mrgreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrgreenthumb

installed 2 humidifiers,,,and got the fans set up on cycle timers.things are coming around real nice,best growth since i been here.will get some pics up soon..pretty excited, thanks to everybody for your help.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I have that cap controller, I just wish they put a buffer between humidifier and dehumidifier. It just jumps from one to the other. I just have a dehumifier hooked up now, so im not sure how much they would fight each other.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I have that cap controller, I just wish they put a buffer between humidifier and dehumidifier. It just jumps from one to the other. I just have a dehumifier hooked up now, so im not sure how much they would fight each other.

DUUUUUDE...huh?

why would you run both at the same time?:confused:

that doesn't make sense. What is your goal?

purpleberry

purpleberry

The controller you linked does both, One plug for humidity one for dehumidity. If you have a sealed room with bare bulbs and huge ac your going to need to humidify with lights on. After you water and the lights go out the humidity is going to climb and you are then going to need to dehumidify. No?
Ive never ran bare bulb so Ive never needed to humidify, Im getting ready to go bare bulb, So i figured im going to need to do both. No?

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Ahhh...I let the dehuey control itself...I just turn it on with a timer. It comes back on at 50% like I set it. It has a built in humidistat to control itself with.

The controller wont turn the humidifier on at night...I dont think. So you are cool there.

so I got the dehuey on a timer.

My bad...lol....I wasn't gettin it.

sky_blue

sky_blue

been working on the room,got temps under control.moneys been tight thou.growth is slow in veg but plants look ok.really need to pick up a humidifier i guess but need a good one with a gauge i can set and hooks up to water supply directly,found one runs almost 200 dollars.

have put a few plants into flower roots looked pretty good nice and white but the vigorous growth is just not there.in flower the plants just go no where.no stretch,stop using water.i am going to try to get a humidifier.temps in flower room running 77-80f ..really getting depressing had a really nice garden in florida never a problem now i cant grow nothing.the only thing different is the humidity now.but i figured the low humidity would be awesome for flowering but things are not working out the way i thought
I don't know if this is too late, but if you want really good (imo) humidifiers (not commercial, not for 20x20 rooms,etc.) - Crane makes a great $40 humid./ none of the junk parts that almost every smaller/home humidifier has. Avail. on Amz w/free ship. Its a good deal.
Hope your grow is going well ( or is done and curing:))

sky_blue

sky_blue

The controller you linked does both, One plug for humidity one for dehumidity. If you have a sealed room with bare bulbs and huge ac your going to need to humidify with lights on. After you water and the lights go out the humidity is going to climb and you are then going to need to dehumidify. No?
Ive never ran bare bulb so Ive never needed to humidify, Im getting ready to go bare bulb, So i figured im going to need to do both. No?
C.A.P. makes a controller for about $60 that has 2 dials, 1 for on, 1 for off.
It can be used to control both the intake and exhaust simultaneously, and the very best part of it, is that you can have it go on for 10,20,30-60 seconds every 5,10,20,35,etc minutes- - - it's that exact - and easy. And it has a switch so that if you don't want it to power anything with lights on OR with lights off, it takes care of that completely. The one challenge is that I prefer an exhaust cycle right when the lights turn off, to avoid the spike in humid., but that particular timer, when switched to day/night cycle, won't turn on (if the day/night is selected) when the lt. turns off. Hope that made sense.
Never underestimate the importance of a good, strong, reliable dehuey....:cool:
Hope that helps...:)

sky_blue

sky_blue

DUUUUUDE...huh?

why would you run both at the same time?:confused:

that doesn't make sense. What is your goal?

sky_blue

sky_blue

installed 2 humidifiers,,,and got the fans set up on cycle timers.things are coming around real nice,best growth since i been here.will get some pics up soon..pretty excited, thanks to everybody for your help.
___
Did you ever finish the grow?

Top Bottom