Humidity?

• Thread starter cbatterton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cbatterton

cbatterton

What should my humidity percent be at for a closet grow op with one clone in it? I have fan inside and fan sucking old air out..

Bannacis

Bannacis

You can even go higher, maybe slow your exhaust air some, vegging loves more humidity.

3oShivaRider

It is depending on the different stages of the cannabis plant. The room needs a high level of humidity, as the clone doesn’t have roots to take in water at this point. It needs to transpire as little as possible to save its water, which can be done by covering the clone with a transparent plastic cup, or by covering the entire rooting tray with plastic wrap. During the vegetative stage, the humidity levels varies from 45-58 % and during the flowering stage, it varies from 40-55 %. High humidity creates the deadly effect on the plants.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I'm not sure, but I take it cbatter that your clone has already rooted?
And yes high humidity is bad in flower.... but in veg... not so much...

cbatterton

cbatterton

yes it is rooted and i have it in soil already. im in veg stage still. holding it at 50% right now tell i get humidifier hooked up

Bannacis

Bannacis

Kule, 50% humidity is not bad, I'm not sure where 3o gets his humidity numbers. but they can vary anywhere...lol
I always liked a little higher humidity, plus I mist/foliar my plants often, like a little rain forrest.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Nononono! There is actual research on this. Raise your humidity to 70% and temp to 80F from early veg until later bloom- at which point you flush and go low on rh.

The rest of the time, follow VPD theory, where matching humidity and temperature values properly improves growth by allowing the plant to take up CO² more efficiently. Yes, the humidity levels will be higher than you are comfortable with, but the key to healthy growth is to make the leaves dance; so make sure there is good air circulation throughout your garden.

ttystikk

ttystikk

VPD = Vapor Pressure Differential

This is an involved measurement that solves for the ideal conditions for plants to open their stomata and breathe without fear of wilt. Properly satisfying this condition is a prerequisite for CO² argumentation to have much effect.

In the chart below, the green boxes represent the temperature and humidity combinations that are best under VPD theory. Choose either temperature at left out humidity across the top, read to the green box, then up/across to give the corresponding value.

For example, running a bloomroom at 80F and 70% RH sounds insane- but according to the chart, it's right on the money.

I hear the 'omg, everything will rot!' cry even now, and the bottom line is that air movement is your friend no matter what your humidity levels are. Make your leaves dance and you're golden.

Drop your RH levels when you flush, this will encourage the plant to pull a lot of water through itself and finish transporting any excess minerals it may have, helps bring out fall colors and makes for a tasty smoke.
Downloadfile

ttystikk

ttystikk

right now at canopy is 88f @ 82%

Mine are happiest with canopy temps about 5 degrees cooler than that, but I'm very interested to see how yours growout!

You've got plenty of air movement, right?

urbanfog

urbanfog

yep two air cleaner fans on the floor, a 6" hanging at canopy and a 12 to 6" extraction at top venting into the flower tent

Top Bottom