Hvac Guys Got A ? For You...

• Thread starter Slowitdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

He came back and said it was overcharged. That is when he removed freon and said it would not sweat no more. But continued to do so. Usually is the unit is low on freon you will see frost around the bigger coil. Mine is not doing that..

So he's coming back out next week? He needs to find the reason by proper troubleshooting (not just adding or removing refrigerant).

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Pinched line in wall?
So he's coming back out next week? He needs to find the reason by proper troubleshooting (not just adding or removing refrigerant).

Not sure if line is pinched we covered the area where the lines enter with cement. Yes, he is coming back out next week and I will make sure to find out what the real problem is. I will keep you guys posted.

blazer

blazer

Really sounds like a restriction in system you in dry climate? Thinking that's why you only see sweat in the room where there is moisture, trace out the little line there should be a bullet filter drier or it may be just a screen but it will be in condenser on the smaller line it looks like a bulge in the line check for temp difference across it should be no temp difference if working properly anywhere on that line it seems to start sweating take a temp reading There and where it's dry, if you find where the temp difference that will be where the restriction is, start at condenser and work towards the indoor coil that's the direction of refrigerant flow on the smaller(liquid line) good luck

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

@CannabisJohn @blazer Alright guys I haven't had the guy come back out yet but a few days ago the coil stopped sweating. It has now been three days and it is not sweating anymore but I haven't changed anything... I noticed the AC got a little weaker though. My guy is going to be coming back out but hes out of town now. What do you guys think happened for it just to stop sweating and get a little weaker now?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

@CannabisJohn @blazer Alright guys I haven't had the guy come back out yet but a few days ago the coil stopped sweating. It has now been three days and it is not sweating anymore but I haven't changed anything... I noticed the AC got a little weaker though. My guy is going to be coming back out but hes out of town now. What do you guys think happened for it just to stop sweating and get a little weaker now?

Blockage got worse. I would turn it off or get emergency service.

blazer

blazer

Yup the restriction may have moved in the system or gotten worse just a guessing game with out getting hands on, moisture in a system can melt and move then freeze and cause problems but again it's guessing with out Proper readings

Top Bottom