Hvac/r Mechanical Engineer

• Thread starter OGPunkrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGPunkrocker

OGPunkrocker

Welcome to the farm.
For total control of a dehumidifier with a plc. (turn on compressor and.or fan. )
What industrial dehumidifier would you recommend?

Have you worked with tridium?

Thanks for your time.

there are several that are made equally, basically take your pick, To use a plc is good, you can buy them cheaply. the best way to save money is to have the unit powered through a variable Frequency drive(VFD) it controls the hertz and can slow down or speed up a compressor depending on load. Its a great way to save on electrical cost. If you turn it on and the RH is high, it will go full speed, but as you approach the desired set point, rather than cycling, it will slow down the compressor. This accomplishes two things 1: etremly tight control of rh, and gets rid of voltage spikes from lock rotor amps at start. Allen Bradley makes very reliable ones, and they are easy to set up

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run a sealed room for flower with co2 And a dual.hose ac inside the room. Any way to seal the unit better so it's not suckling so much co2 when the ac kicks on? I can tell it's sucking air out by the neg pressure in the room lifting up my panda film flooring. I've already saran wrapped and fully overkill taped the duct work and back side of then unit where the ducting goes.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
there are several that are made equally, basically take your pick, To use a plc is good, you can buy them cheaply. the best way to save money is to have the unit powered through a variable Frequency drive(VFD) it controls the hertz and can slow down or speed up a compressor depending on load. Its a great way to save on electrical cost. If you turn it on and the RH is high, it will go full speed, but as you approach the desired set point, rather than cycling, it will slow down the compressor. This accomplishes two things 1: etremly tight control of rh, and gets rid of voltage spikes from lock rotor amps at start. Allen Bradley makes very reliable ones, and they are easy to set up
Thanks for sharing!

OGPunkrocker

OGPunkrocker

I run a sealed room for flower with co2 And a dual.hose ac inside the room. Any way to seal the unit better so it's not suckling so much co2 when the ac kicks on? I can tell it's sucking air out by the neg pressure in the room lifting up my panda film flooring. I've already saran wrapped and fully overkill taped the duct work and back side of then unit where the ducting goes.
one way would be to set the intake fan on a timer, say 4 air exchanges an hour, you could get a Normally open/normal closed timer (Grasslin DTMV), that way you could time the co2 injection via an inline air solenoid. When the circulating fan turns on for a few minutes, the co2 solenoid shuts off at the same time, both functions occur on any set time. You could get proper air exchange, (only see negative pressure for a few minutes every hour, and in between that the co2 valve could be on. Check out the timer (grasslin DTMV) and youll see what I mean. Co2 and negative pressure =waste.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run a completely.sealed room. No intake or exhaust. A 20# tank is lasting me about 9 days at 1500 ppm on fuzzy logic setting in an 8x12x6.75' room. The neg pressure is minimal and I've seen how many ppm it does suck out when the ac kicks on. Not really too much to cause alot of concern, and refills are only 20.00.

Cur Dog

Cur Dog

They are much more heavy duty than a RTU Why I would think they would fit in a grow op perfect, a large one anyways to justify cost just saying they are a good option
I've always thought Lieberts would be perfect. When I was in the trade they were my favorite to work on by far. They're constructed very well and made to run 24-7 unlike most commercial rtu's, chillers and split system units that only operate part of the time. Most of my repairs on lieberts were compressors and leaks in linesets. Always amazed me why installers would use short radius elbows, I feel most of the problems I've ever encountered were do to improper installation. They're fairly bulletproof pieces of equipment.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I run a completely.sealed room. No intake or exhaust. A 20# tank is lasting me about 9 days at 1500 ppm on fuzzy logic setting in an 8x12x6.75' room. The neg pressure is minimal and I've seen how many ppm it does suck out when the ac kicks on. Not really too much to cause alot of concern, and refills are only 20.00.

I prefer 50# tanks there only $20 to fill in my area.

Top Bottom