Hybrid NFT System Going into Operation soon!

• Thread starter Smithygreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smithygreen

Smithygreen

I have been working on a new build I am done with it but man its been a long road. Two years now of mistakes and learning, hard lessons learned. Research and time to build it all not to mention what it cost to put together. Its time to put it all together and light the fire! I have clones cut and they are now callousing after 5 days. So far so good.
Each table holds 27 in a 5x10 potential canopy area. I am going to do a mash up of sog/scrog in NFT using Cultured Solutions line. I can run up to a 3.5 inch water depth if needed.
2 strains , First a rare Roze' cut from a great friend and old head grower that has helped me more than I can even understand. Second Gorilla Zkittlez also a great cut from another great friend!
I have 4 tables made. 2, 1K watt Gavita E Series Slim line lights with a EL1 controller per table. CO2 Gen, All tables have a chiller and air pump/stone and a 30 gallon rez. Dehumidifier is a must and 4 solid tons of AC. Using RO water. I will be rolling sterile on this grow from a mix I make myself. I have maxed out the power I can use in this area. I will post updates every week or so. I have posted a pic of the Roze' and the system setup. I hope to get started no later than 2 weeks from now as I found that this type of system requires clones to have large roots before placement into the system.
Wish me luck!

If any of you have ever grown in this type of setup please drop some good sauce! I need all the pointers I can get! I am always learning something new everyday!

Hybrid nft system going into operation soon
Hybrid nft system going into operation soon 2
BigDraco

BigDraco

I’ve grown in this. Make sure you clean it very well and make sure yo check your lines. If it’s a recirculating system make sure you filter the runoff rly well. I know you’d think it wouldn’t matter but it can help keep your whole system so much healthier having some good filters.

Looks amazing best of luck in hydro! She can be a cruel mistress but when it’s done properly wow it’s amazing.

Smithygreen

Smithygreen

I’ve grown in this. Make sure you clean it very well and make sure yo check your lines. If it’s a recirculating system make sure you filter the runoff rly well. I know you’d think it wouldn’t matter but it can help keep your whole system so much healthier having some good filters.

Looks amazing best of luck in hydro! She can be a cruel mistress but when it’s done properly wow it’s amazing.
Thank you for your knowledge! I am going to install some filters! It escaped my mind to even do that! Thank you!

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

🍿🍿Killer setup!!!🍿🍿
I really cant contribute with other than Good Luck and keep up the good work!!
More weeeeeeeeeeeed 💚💚

Smithygreen

Smithygreen

Today I did a full heat test for my AC while running everything at max power it was an 8 hour test. Over the test water temps came up to 70 and stabilized there and went no higher so when the canopy is grown that will stay at 68 degrees when the tubes are shaded. Ambient air temp averaged across the entire room bounced between 73 and 76 degrees as the AC cycled, and went no higher even with my CO2 generator running and set at 1200 PPM. All in all everything performed as designed! Performed leak tests and pump stress tests. Everything is ready to go but the damn clones! They have about a week to go so I am going hunting while I wait!
Also did another ozone disinfectant treatment with a 20000mg per hour O3 gen machine.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
oh man, this is gonna be exciting to follow along with. Been formulating some ideas for when i get the opportunity to build the room i want. this is right in line with that. good luck! looking forward to watching it do you well!

Smithygreen

Smithygreen

Today was time to get everything started.
I let my clones veg for a little while longer to develope better roots. It just works better that way. Everything is running just as intended.

Air temp 73 DF
Water Temp 68 DF-chillers are cherry y'all
CO2-900 ppm
Nutrients- 450ppm
Pretreated for pests and fungus/bacteria!
No issues from the setup!
Off to a good start I hope!

20201211 154515
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Apologies for the double post, but this has me thinking.

What are the size of holes in your NFT rails?

What EC do you run at?

For sterility, how are you approaching that? A mix of your own concoction is vague, I'm a man of detail. Please elaborate.

How do you deal with expanding trunks and root masses?

If any of the above are a "wait and see" type thing, by all means, I'm a patient man :D I'm also of the generation of instant gratification so gimme the deets if you've got em!

Smithygreen

Smithygreen

Apologies for the double post, but this has me thinking.

What are the size of holes in your NFT rails?

What EC do you run at?

For sterility, how are you approaching that? A mix of your own concoction is vague, I'm a man of detail. Please elaborate.

How do you deal with expanding trunks and root masses?

If any of the above are a "wait and see" type thing, by all means, I'm a patient man :D I'm also of the generation of instant gratification so gimme the deets if you've got em!

I run 2 inch holes and net cups. More than sufficient. I run a 6.0 PH in veg and 5.8 PH in flower. I mix my own sterile rez out of HTH pool shock. I mix 5 grams of HTH pool shock into 1 gallon of water. I then use 1ml of that per gallon of rez every 4 to 5 days. It keeps it nice and clean! I start at about 300ppm and finish out round 800 ppm in nute strength. I have learned a balance solution is best. Not too strong and not too weak.

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
I run 2 inch holes and net cups. More than sufficient. I run a 6.0 PH in veg and 5.8 PH in flower. I mix my own sterile rez out of HTH pool shock. I mix 5 grams of HTH pool shock into 1 gallon of water. I then use 1ml of that per gallon of rez every 4 to 5 days. It keeps it nice and clean! I start at about 300ppm and finish out round 800 ppm in nute strength. I have learned a balance solution is best. Not too strong and not too weak.

nice. i too was running pool shock, but due to some poor design decisions, i switched to enzymes and hydroguard. Will def return to running shock at some point just because it's so cost effective.

Smithygreen

Smithygreen

Two Week Update!
Everything is running as expected.
Plants are really getting going now!
PH down to 5.8 and then let climb to 6.2 then repeat
PPM 450 PPM having to add nutrients daily now
Day Temp 73
Night temp 68
Water Temp 68
Getting nets on and getting ready to start training.
The only problem I have encountered was that I had to raise the solution level in the flow channel to 1.25 inches.
The plants were not dying but they did not like a shallow solution depth. They immediately responded to the increased solution depth!
I will do another sulfur vapor treatment tonight for 3 hours. No bugs and no mold present.

20201226 1431171
Smithygreen

Smithygreen

Sorry for the lapse in updates. Had some stuff going on. Not grow related but important none the less.
So these were taken today and we are at the first day in week 2 of flower. Still stretching and getting very bushy!
I did defoliate the fans on day 1 of flip but now it looks as if I hadn't touched them, so its a very healthy system to say the least.
Before flipping I had counted an average of 800 tops per table. They are 5x10 canopies. I left one table with the top net off for now but will net it soon.
PH is 5.8 to 6.1 drifting.
PPM is 650 and they eat about 110ppm per 12 hours, I add more every day when I top my rez on each table.
Air temp is 74 lights on and 68 lights off
No bugs or molds present and have been keeping a very tight IPM schedule.
I will defoliate again at day 21 flower.
I hope all is well with everyone!

20210130 185617
20210130 185624
20210130 190010
20210130 190454
20210130 190502
Checkler92

Checkler92

Sorry for the lapse in updates. Had some stuff going on. Not grow related but important none the less.
So these were taken today and we are at the first day in week 2 of flower. Still stretching and getting very bushy!
I did defoliate the fans on day 1 of flip but now it looks as if I hadn't touched them, so its a very healthy system to say the least.
Before flipping I had counted an average of 800 tops per table. They are 5x10 canopies. I left one table with the top net off for now but will net it soon.
PH is 5.8 to 6.1 drifting.
PPM is 650 and they eat about 110ppm per 12 hours, I add more every day when I top my rez on each table.
Air temp is 74 lights on and 68 lights off
No bugs or molds present and have been keeping a very tight IPM schedule.
I will defoliate again at day 21 flower.
I hope all is well with everyone!
Lookin good bro!!!

Smithygreen

Smithygreen

Tomorrow is the last day of week 4 flower! They are getting ready to start stacking!
PPM 750
PH 5.7 to 6.0 drifting
Water temp 68 to 69
Day air temp 74 df
Night air temp 68 df
Humidity 45%

This Roze' smells amazing! They are snow covered already!

20210225 1400031
20210225 1359571
Smithygreen

Smithygreen

Hey brother how’s the grow? Should be getting close
It sure is getting close, Today is the last day of week 9 flower and I am seeing 70% cloudy and 30 % clear/cloudy, coming on about 1 to 2 percent ambering. Just a few more days as they seem to be ripening fast every 24 hours. Lowered the room temps to 66 lights off and 69 lights on! shes a very pretty girl! I will post some pics soon!

DiscoPanic

DiscoPanic

Everything you grow looks amazing. In fact, after I saw your auto flower I was so impressed that I registered on this site in hopes that I could link up with you and get some seeds. The first attempt to comment, post or PM was to Smithygreen. I’m new to boards in general so I hope I didn’t break any etiquette Please let me know. Thanks

Top Bottom