Hydro DRY Nutrients

• Thread starter Flowerhorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flowerhorn

Flowerhorn

So i want to try out hydrophonics and wanted to try the diffrent way by mixing my own nutrients.

The nutrients Iam mixing looks like this

Contains MasterBlend 4-18-38, Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0-0, and Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate)

Like is the solution going to be the same all way or do i need to change it in diffrent stages like veg/bloom .

I dont really understand the NPK formula, but what ive read you need alot of nitrogen in veg and very little in bloom and almost nothing in late bloom.
If thats correct?

And the question is how do i mix the nutrients in diffrent stages, how will the ratios look like..

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
More importantly do you have a PPM and pH pen? You're going to need those for hydro. Those numbers look a little high for most hydroponics setups, which is why I ask. Remember less=more with hydro.

And, welcome to the Farm! (Lots of new faces lately it seems)

4plant

4plant

What brand is it? Does it contain trace elements as well? You should check out npk raw, they sell all individual essentials but give you a chart to follow.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So i want to try out hydrophonics and wanted to try the diffrent way by mixing my own nutrients.

Contains MasterBlend 4-18-38, Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0-0, and Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate)

Like is the solution going to be the same all way or do i need to change it in diffrent stages like veg/bloom .

I dont really understand the NPK formula, but what ive read you need alot of nitrogen in veg and very little in bloom and almost nothing in late bloom.
If thats correct?

And the question is how do i mix the nutrients in diffrent stages, how will the ratios look like..
Welcome, I use master blend & love it, I use it at the recommended ratio all the way through, the only thing I vary is the PPM however you could certainly add a bloom booster to it or you can add less cal/nit, more magnesium during flowering, but just using it at the recommended ratio works fine, and I would recommend you try that where you're just starting out, and remember always mix the Cal nitrate last and only after the other two ingredients have already been mixed into solution for best results, good luck

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Welcome, I use master blend & love it, I use it at the recommended ratio all the way through, the only thing I vary is the PPM however you could certainly add a bloom booster to it or you can add less cal/nit, more magnesium during flowering, but just using it at the recommended ratio works fine, and I would recommend you try that where you're just starting out, and remember always mix the Cal nitrate last and only after the other two ingredients have already been mixed into solution for best results, good luck
same here,what i did is lined 3 glasses up ,filled with ro water same amount,ph and ppm the starting point,then 1 ingrediant per glass,again ph and ppm ,that gave me a starting point,so now i know which one rise my ph and which lower,believe it or not the food lowers the ph,anyway after i mix my 33 gal can,as i need top off when needed if my ppm is to high straight water goes in,ph needs to come up potassium bicarbonate,seems that when i add the hydroguard the ph went up just a tad not enough to say it mattered,im hydro outside so swing has been a issue with heat and all but i keep it between 5.8 and 6.0 and run my ppm at 1400 when temp goes up check and address usally just add water to drop the ppm

Flowerhorn

Flowerhorn

same here,what i did is lined 3 glasses up ,filled with ro water same amount,ph and ppm the starting point,then 1 ingrediant per glass,again ph and ppm ,that gave me a starting point,so now i know which one rise my ph and which lower,believe it or not the food lowers the ph,anyway after i mix my 33 gal can,as i need top off when needed if my ppm is to high straight water goes in,ph needs to come up potassium bicarbonate,seems that when i add the hydroguard the ph went up just a tad not enough to say it mattered,im hydro outside so swing has been a issue with heat and all but i keep it between 5.8 and 6.0 and run my ppm at 1400 when temp goes up check and address usally just add water to drop the ppm
1400 ppm, dont you mean 1400 ms?

Last edited:
Flowerhorn

Flowerhorn

Thx for all the a anwsers😊 but Ive read that Lowering nitrogen when going over to Bloom makes the plant get healthier?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I meant like late Bloom? How about that?
I grew this on 20-20-20 straight through, but yeah you can do that if you want
20190629 132412

Flowerhorn

Flowerhorn

Iam also looking at this it have all micro nutrients too but i NPK ratio is little different, has anyone got goot results from maxigro? And it seem like I need to buy maxi grow Bloom to if I use this. Also phosphur is only 5 on this, you think its enough?

Screenshot 20191018 020505 comandroidchrome
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

If thats correct?

Welcome! and Thank You.

I am fairly new to Hydro (on 3rd grow) using pre-mix from Botnicare; so this should be interesting and a good learning experience to watch from the sidelines. I have no doubt as i get more experience I too will begin to look to go beyond pre-mix.

Thanks for the learning opportunity! 🍻 😃

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Iam also looking at this it have all micro nutrients too but i NPK ratio is little different, has anyone got goot results from maxigro? And it seem like I need to buy maxi grow Bloom to if I use this. Also phosphur is only 5 on this, you think its enough?

Its plenty of P. High p is for tomatoes. Weed doesnt need it. That ratio is perfect. Just taper the strength starting low and going up slowly and then taper back down the last 3 weeks or so as the plants need less.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agree ratio is the key. Adjust the ppm to the stage of growth keeping the ratio the same. That's what works for me.

The ppm will very much depend on the stage of growth and your equipment/environment. This is pretty easy in hydro as you can just read the plants and make adjustments as needed quickly.

Also I would just run that maxi grow start to finish I agree that ratio is perfect imo. Pretty much 2-1-3

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
As long as it has the traces u should be good.

Just to say looks a little expensive to something like Oasis or Jack's which is pretty much the same thing. Saw something like 6 to 14 bucks a lb.

If this is going off Amazon try some of the others like custom hydro nutes. Buy bulk. Save money. Never buy nutes again. I get nutes once a year now and I run through them.

To save even more look for AG supplier local. Stuff like cal N and mag sul can usually be bought loval. I usually get 100 lbs from those dudes and pay 0 shipping. They even usually have stuff like the Yara live greenhouse solution grade stuff.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Welcome to the 50lb bag life

View attachment 903148
i agree ,most can be bought in bulk at a feed store,if i recall a 50 lb sack like that is right at 18 or 20 bucks at my feed store,tell ya what though since thge last time i bought jacks like 5 yrs ago there products have doubled in price too,but like you say the shit last forever,i cant remember how long my last batch of jacks lasted,over a year though iwas using it in veggie garden also ,so with me just growing meds the stuff would last 2 or 3 yrs,it doesnt go bad,i dont really think it could unless you got it wet

Flowerhorn

Flowerhorn

If i bought a fertilizer that have this ratio 13-2-20 + 2 Mg + mikro. Would you guys recommend me to add upp the Phos Little bit? like to get it to 10 atleast?

Top Bottom