Hydro Innovations Water-Cooled Co2 Generator

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bass ackwards

There was a discussion about these units on another board,(ICMag), I highly recommend looking at that thread if you are considering one of these units. My personal opinion; I intend to buy one and see if I can't make it work for two different rooms. I don't think it will be to hard to accomplish.

Respect bass

B

Bodhi Roach

I think it is very possible, were you planning on having 2 rooms with 12/12 on the same time scedule or 2 rooms on a flip flop, i read, but have not confirmed, that co2 might be negative for sleeping plants. do you know anything about this?

Once the gas is cooled, you can vent it anywhere, having things sealed up or using a lung room is all great!!!

G

grizz

There was a discussion about these units on another board,(ICMag), I highly recommend looking at that thread if you are considering one of these units. My personal opinion; I intend to buy one and see if I can't make it work for two different rooms. I don't think it will be to hard to accomplish.

Respect bass
thanks for the heads up, that was a great thread , to bad they closed it down,
should be very easy to do a flip flop with one burner, a damper flap on a timer to close flow to one room and open to another.

B

Bodhi Roach

hi grizz, do you have any more info or a link to a damper like you mentioned?
That'd be awesome, a damper on a timer!!

G

grizz

no link, just something I dreamed up. It would take some kind of little electric motor with a push pull plunger.

B

bass ackwards

Grizz, Yes,that thread was well worth reading. And yes I intend to use a damper on each line of ducting, Placed just after the wye. Then a small in-line fan at the end of the ducting on the same circuit as the water valve. If I can find spring loaded dampers I would then just have to figure out how close to the damper to place the fan.

Bohdi, Two rooms on a flip flop. I too have heard that CO2 during the dark cycle is not recommended, but have no personal knowledge of this. Maybe somebody else can enlighten both of us. For me it doesn,t seem to be a problem as I will use a damper(actually two) as Grizzsuggested.

B

bass ackwards

grizz, your right one would be enough. Just goes to show that with all that is on my mind right now I'm not thinking through with all my plans. Would have figured it out sooner or later,you pointing it out now though definitely means I won't spend money unnecessarily, thanks.

B

Bodhi Roach

with that Y thingy and damper, how are you gonna measure ppm unless you get 2 sensors

ive got an idea, but ive got to run, ill summarize it real quick

hydrogen in a self contained room (co2 room)
connects to both flip flop rooms with its own recycling circle of ducting, 2 fans per room on seperate timers
hydrogen running 24/7 with the sensor in its contained room when lights on in room a, thats the one whos fans will circulate through the co2 room, when it flips to room b, room a fans turn of and room b fans turn on

just a thought without much to back it up, so please think about this and post any feedback ty have a nice day

B

bass ackwards

bohdi,Yes two sensors,one for each room.
The hydroGen only runs when a sensor calls for it,(PPM's below the set level). I don't beleive you could run the HydroGen 24/7 in any room. You would soon run out of oxygen to maintain combustion. This would lead to incomplete combustion and production of CO.
These units produce a large quantity of CO2, check out the calculator on their website. As an example; a room 10'x10'x10'would reach 1500 PPm in about 5 minutes at it's lowest setting.
If you are trying to use one unit for two rooms as I will be trying You will need to have two sensors,one for each room. The solenoid they offer as an addition to their unit,which controls the flow of water through the unit,which in turn starts the combustion process would need to be connected to both of them. This should work even if each room is calling for CO2 at the same time but would definitely need separate ducting from the unit(off a wye) into each room. Each leg of the ducting would need a fan to draw CO2 into the room and as mentioned in a previous post you would need a damper to shut off one leg until the room on the other leg reached it's set level of CO2. At that point that fan would be shut off and the other leg would be drawing the CO2 into the other room.
I forgot to mention that each fan would need to be wired into the same circuit that activates the solenoid. In addition a relay might have to be incorporated into one of the circuits to prioritise one leg over the other, I'm not sure yet as I haven't thought through that yet. But It should only be necessary if both rooms call for enrichment at the same time. If you flip flop your rooms that problem should not occur.
At least that's as far as I have thought it through so far.

Respect bass

B

Bodhi Roach

hi, great reply, thanks

do you have any more info on co2 controller panel's and sensors?

I dont know much about them and wonder about costs,
costs like extra water valve solonoid, 75
extra fans
extra sensor
extra stuff i havent thought about

even for a small sealed setup, the costs are extraordinary compared to a simple one fan setup blasting outside or to the attic

G

grizz

right on Bass, you got it boiling now. so nice to get imput from so many growers, 100 heads are so much better than one..

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Your goin to spend right at a $1000 to set it all up right, hwich is just about the same dollars as a Gen-2 Burner setup complete.

Tex

B

Bodhi Roach

thanks for that TK,

im in a dillemma about shipping up to Canada and my fear is the customs and if it will get stopped along the way.

I am ordering the:

HydroGen with ice cap
2 valves
3 iceboxes

what would you recommend for a decent co2 sensor that has options to add more stuff to it that will be connected , like the fans, solonoid shut off valves, and anything else I cannot think of.

Thanks again!!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I would order the Co2 generator off of Ebay for $185usd, it's a tankless hot water heater so no one will be the wiser at the border.

I would get the Co2 controller from Hydro Innovations, they have a brand new one that is preset and ready go for $299.00.

Tex

B

bass ackwards

grizz,Thanks for the advice about the damper, nice to know others are looking over my shoulder and keeping me on track.
Texas Kid,Money sounds about right when you consider all that goes into a proper set-up. I haven,t priced everything out yet but I do agree with you,not to mention that everything would be top shelf.
Congratulations I understand you are now a moderator, a position which shows the respect others hold you in. I'm new here so I haven't had much time to roam around but I will try to follow your past threads, for sure I will learn much.
Bohdi,From what I have learned from Hydro Innovations They will be offering the Ice Cap at no cost (except $25 for shipping)for only a short time. You must send to them the registration card which comes with your unit along with payment for shipping. Additionally,you can get The Ice Cap with or without the fan. With the fan if the if your going to put it in the room which then would not require ducting. If the unit goes outside the room therefore requiring ducting the fan will make it impossible to attach ducting. If this is your application you need to inform them(Hydro Innovations) so they can attach a collar to the unit in place of the fan thereby allowing the use of ducting. You would then have to make the determination whether or not you need to install an in-line duct fan to move the CO2. I would assume,although I do not know, that any distance over six feet would benefit from a fan.
You are aware that the Ice Boxes are independent from the HydroGen aren't you? By that I mean that the solenoid which allows water through them would need to be activated by a timer or temperature sensor which would have nothing to do with the HydroGen. The Ice Boxes are for cooling of your lights. Pardon me if I seem to be underestimating you. I just feel that it is important to cover as much as possible. Better safe than sorry.
AS far as CO2 sensoes and temperature sensors are concerned I have not researched them enough to offer an opinion. Possibly someone else would take the time to enlighten us both.

Respect to all, bass

G

grizz

TK why the 2000 $ ?
1 hydro gen burner 400
1 elec water valve 75 run to waste

1 controller that I already have. 400
what am I missing

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
TK why the 2000 $ ?
1 hydro gen burner 400
1 elec water valve 75 run to waste

1 controller that I already have. 400
what am I missing

Never said $2000, I said $1000 and you are right there, still need a tank filled with propane and some minor plumbing items and your off to the races, well maybe for $999.95

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Any link or info on the "Ice Cap"?

Tex

G

grizz

your damn right tk. sorry I can't read.check out that thread over at ic that got closed, there;s some good info on it..

Top Bottom