Hydro Innovations Water-Cooled Co2 Generator

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bass ackwards

TK, As grizz said that thread provides you with much info on the Ice Cap,including a picture. The info I supplied concerning the modification of the unit putting flanges on both sides and eliminating the fan, in order to add ducting came from an email I received from Hydro Innovations. I would suggest that after going through the thread you have any questions contact H-I they are quick to respond and will answer your questions.
By the way, I seem to remember that you ordered one of their units,didn't you? If so you should get The Ice Cap from them for just the cost of shipping.

DUH, Of course you did! That's the first thing you mentioned when you started this thread. Of all the things I've lost I miss my memory the most.

Respect bass

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I rarely go to IC, really only to check pms and after goin over and trying to look at that thread I remember why...that place has some real over zealous mods, closed because the thread was accused of being a spam thread and they wanted HI to buy a banner ad....YOU HAVE GOT TO KIDDING ME...what a way NOT to do things..don't want to get information out there, oh unless you pay them..haha

I will give the guys at HI a shout, they're some Texas boys after all..

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Is this the deal we are talkin about?

All it does is cool the air/co2 coming out of the top of the unit, not needed in a bigger space IMO, maybe a tent or something small but there really isn't that much radiant heat coming out of the top of the unit. i put my hand over it an leave it for a bit when on, I mean it's pretty warm but I don't know that it is bad enough for me to want another friggin device or two or three in my room, they are stackin up...lol

Tex

User72339 pic25035 1235401775
User72339 pic25067 1235403187
B

bass ackwards

That's the baby. First hand info on the exhaust temps is worth it's weight in gold IMO. Other than the video on their website you are the first person I have heard comment on temps. You have the unit and if you say the temps are not bad that's good enough for me.
For those others who might be considering the HydroGen for a small area or a tent would you have the time to stick a thermometer in the exhaust and tell us what the temps are? Useful info if you have the time.
I was thinking of posting that picture but didn't want to anger any moderator here.Haven't been here long enough to know what is acceptable and what isn't.

Respect bass

G

grizz

thats good info TK, was hoping you would give us some feed back on the unit. You are so right about the IC shit, its to bad it has turned into such a commercial site.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
We have the freedom to talk about, in detail, technology and processes that are benificial to growers at any and every level...is that supposed to be a revenue mechinism? I think not..

Tex

G

grizz

so now that you have all hooked up anf running whats your opion of the hydrogen? and if im not getting to personal how big of room and how long does it run to get co2 to 1500 ppm?

B

bass ackwards

Yes,TK if you could post that info for the rest of us everyone following this thread would find it interesting, I'm sure.

Respect bass

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here isone of the setups

The room is 9'x12' with 7' cielings, I have (2) 3x6 tables with 4k, hydrogen, swamp cooler, fans, and inlet fan. Holdin 65-70% humidity and maxin out at 85 degrees, 68 on the low side when lights off.

Tex

DSCN1897
DSCN1900
DSCN1901
DSCN1905
DSCN1908
B

bass ackwards

Temps maxing at 85 degrees with the HydroGEN, doesn't sound as if it's pushing temps up too much. 65-70% humidity, was it lower before the HydroGen? It appears that your recirculating out of the HydroGen. How many gallons would you say are in the reservoir? I assume your swamp cooler is not cooling the water used for the HydroGen, how do you keep temps down?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Swamp cooler controls the heat right now, constantly tryint o inclrease humidity but the Hydrogen didn't do anythng to increase it.

40 gallon reservoir and it is about 1/8th of the size it needs to be.

Tex

G

grizz

what do you want for humidity? Im always trying to get it down, also would still like to know how long your burner runs to keep co2 up.

budboy299

budboy299

Very good to know grizz. Odd thing is that the Natural gas one is actually 10 bucks cheaper. Weird but hey I like it! Another thing someone mentioned is 75 bucks for a water solenoid and valve?? These can be had at any washing machine/ dishwasher repair place for about 10 bucks.
When I ran CO2 from a tank I used one of these attached to a timer to regulate the CO2 levels. Worked great

B

Bodhi Roach

oh sweet, do you have any links to one of them by chance? ty

B

Bodhi Roach

ive been googling to no avail, i have found alot of solonoid valves but most are over $200

makes me think its prolly a good idea for a plumbing nowitnothing to just pay a little more and get the right machine for the job, thanks anyways :)

G

grizz

thanks bud boy , I have a old washing mach sitting , I will see if I can rob it of its water valve

B

Bodhi Roach

I just ordered my HydroGen and some Ice boxes, I cant wait to start fooling around with them BWOOOhahahahahahahahah

Latest posts

Top Bottom