Hydro Permafrost T5 HO lights

• Thread starter deadcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NeoMarius

NeoMarius

You should only have to fill the tank up, not empty and refill. When water levels go down just add more. Change water out completely just to be safe every 2-3 weeks or if its time to change your nutrient formula. With your aerator the water will stay oxygenated and as long as it was pure to start, youve kept light out of your resevoir, and no plants have died it should be fine. When a plant dies its root system releases a certain set of hormones and will adversly affect the rest of your grow. I would suggest getting in touch with Shady and Ronvmpc also, you can find them on my grow journal ninja grow if you have trouble searching them. Very knowledgable and very classy gents.

deadcat

deadcat

You should only have to fill the tank up, not empty and refill. When water levels go down just add more. Change water out completely just to be safe every 2-3 weeks or if its time to change your nutrient formula. With your aerator the water will stay oxygenated and as long as it was pure to start, youve kept light out of your resevoir, and no plants have died it should be fine. When a plant dies its root system releases a certain set of hormones and will adversly affect the rest of your grow. I would suggest getting in touch with Shady and Ronvmpc also, you can find them on my grow journal ninja grow if you have trouble searching them. Very knowledgable and very classy gents.

Oh nice, thanks for the info. It was getting to be a pain in the ass carrying that reservoir around, this'll make it easier.

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

No worries brother, that why were all here, to learn from each other and get better at what we do. Our bizznez is bizznez and bizznez is good lol. You need anything pm me or drop me a line on my journal. Im subbed to a shit ton and try to make rounds but I like to play video games get stoned and procrastinate so sometimes I just check my messages and bounce. Your doing great though to have kept them from deteriorating and I think your in the clear.

deadcat

deadcat

No worries brother, that why were all here, to learn from each other and get better at what we do. Our bizznez is bizznez and bizznez is good lol. You need anything pm me or drop me a line on my journal. Im subbed to a shit ton and try to make rounds but I like to play video games get stoned and procrastinate so sometimes I just check my messages and bounce. Your doing great though to have kept them from deteriorating and I think your in the clear.

:cool0044: sounds good.

deadcat

deadcat

Seems like it might be starting to recover, never really burnt plants so not too sure. They are starting to slightly face upward towards the light with slow new growth, the new growth has yellow tips (I'm guessing residual nutrient burn). Looks better than it does worse. Some of the brown spots on the older burned leaves are starting to dry out.

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Good signs, I would get a spray bottle and mist them pure water as well. Keep them damp for a while with air flow, It will aid the plant in wicking away toxins.

deadcat

deadcat

Great idea with the mist NeoMarius, since spraying them every couple hours I've noticed quite an improvement in leaf color, as well as more growth.

deadcat

deadcat

You think I'll be able to use that same 3 gal reservoir throughout the whole grow if I keep them short?

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Youll want an upgrade, Probably pull of two large rubbermaids with three or four in each but yeah keep em short, train them down and out with twine and dont let them veg too long.

deadcat

deadcat

Youll want an upgrade, Probably pull of two large rubbermaids with three or four in each but yeah keep em short, train them down and out with twine and dont let them veg too long.

Cool, I'm gonna have to look into that. How do I know when I need to upgrade?

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Either your plants will bush together too much or your root system will be hanging down and laying in stagnant solution.

deadcat

deadcat

Either your plants will bush together too much or your root system will be hanging down and laying in stagnant solution.

Lame, how big a reservoir would you suggest for this? 10 gallon? Think I would need a new pump too?

deadcat

deadcat

20 gallon rez with a 160 gph pump.

I'm just using a hydro set where they soak in a nutrient solution with an air pump, not using ebb & flow system. What kind of tote/(air) pump you think I need for that? I'm gonna be keeping them short (start flower at 18 inches or so) b/c of the T5 Lights btw.

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

20 gallon like ron said. and keep those lights close and vertical if you have enough to line them out with. Air pump should churn the shit out of the water so something robust will be called for.

deadcat

deadcat

20 gallon like ron said. and keep those lights close and vertical if you have enough to line them out with. Air pump should churn the shit out of the water so something robust will be called for.

Really! That big? I've been reading you only need 1/2 gal - 1 gal per plant, Res is actually 4 gal btw. Seems like that would be a pretty big pain in the ass when I need to flush, hauling around that 20 gals. Even using a 5 gal bucket to help would still suck, lol. You know anywhere I can find more literature on this (even if it's just other threads w/info about this) I'll prob try to look for a 20 gal this weekend though.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I don't fill it up all the way. Just as needed. Depending on clones and moms. Usually 7-11 gallons so i can change it every 2 weeks. Plus you gotta think towards the future. There will be bigger and better grows and you'll look back and say, "man, I wish i bought the 50 gallon." Grow on friend.

deadcat

deadcat

I don't fill it up all the way. Just as needed. Depending on clones and moms. Usually 7-11 gallons so i can change it every 2 weeks. Plus you gotta think towards the future. There will be bigger and better grows and you'll look back and say, "man, I wish i bought the 50 gallon." Grow on friend.

Good point, there will be better/bigger grows. Found a pump on ebay for 15$ says it's good up to 40 gals prob get that too. Any easy way to cut the holes in the tote lid? Trying to think of the easiest way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom