Hydro Permafrost T5 HO lights

• Thread starter deadcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I overkill on pumps. Oh, and save yourself the blood, sweat, tears, heroin addiction, throwing your cat off the balcony, punching an old lady in the face, etc. and get yourself a hole saw. I'm still learning as well but having a hole saw set has come in handy. Cutting holes with scissors = :angry

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Hole saw is a life saver, but you can just trace the net pots out onto the lid and use an exacto blade if your pinched.

deadcat

deadcat

I overkill on pumps. Oh, and save yourself the blood, sweat, tears, heroin addiction, throwing your cat off the balcony, punching an old lady in the face, etc. and get yourself a hole saw. I'm still learning as well but having a hole saw set has come in handy. Cutting holes with scissors = :angry

Hole saw... Wow, didn't even know they made those, wonder if I could rent one.

Hole saw is a life saver, but you can just trace the net pots out onto the lid and use an exacto blade if your pinched.

That's what I had planned if nothing else, lol. I'm gonna see what I can find out about that hole saw though.

So yeah, think I've completely accepted your guys idea about 20 gal (if for nothing else bigger future grows, and can use my current system for starting clones or something), gonna pick one up tomorrow. Anything I should watch out for when picking a tote (poison plastic or crap like that) I know it has to be light/water(obviously) proof, I think that's it right? Prob try to find one w/a good lid too, heard they have a tendency to stretch out.

Also I've noticed I will have the funds to go w/HPS 400w when flowering, however, I promised a complete HO grow... I do kind of want to use the T5 bloom lights instead otherwise I got them for nothing but... I think I'm gonna switch to HPS when flowering unless you guys still want to see what the T5 Bloom lights can do? Think I can wait a bit on flowering and get more though if I get that 20 gal reservoir and a 400w HPS light!

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

HPS HPS HPS HPS HPS HPS HPS HPS
As much as we love to see t5's get there bloom on, hps does work in flowering. Idk though, maybe upgrade to a 600wt if funds allow.

deadcat

deadcat

HPS HPS HPS HPS HPS HPS HPS HPS
As much as we love to see t5's get there bloom on, hps does work in flowering. Idk though, maybe upgrade to a 600wt if funds allow.

I think they will, not sure how much extra 600w is but I'll look around... I was kinda thinking that myself, also for the bigger/better future grows. I heard these lights get hot. Any ideas on if I'll need some kind of extra cooling for my grow tent (4Lx2Wx5H) w/600w?

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Air cooled hood. Mass amounts of fans. I have one fan dedicated to my 1000wt. And about 3 fans blasting my plants. With me drawing in 60 degree air my temps still hover around 83. When you start messing with powerful lights for me it's all about ventilation. Not only do you need air intake but also exhaust. I use an inline fan and in ur case I'd prolly get a 6". If you can't afford it then maybe a shitload of fans. Cause stagnant air with heat = bud rot. Bud rot = tears.

P.S. Man i love shopping for grow supplies.

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Cheers! Ron is on the money. I have a 600 and it booms production to max. It also is the best buy for energy used ie:Paid for to Lumens Output ie: Juice fo yo beeches

deadcat

deadcat

Cool, yeah found a HPS 600w (HO) light/ballast/cord (complete set) at htgsupply for about $220 My duct vents are only 4in was hoping for a 6in b/c more cfm, but found a 4 in for $30 gets 80cfm.

Right now I have a 12 inch Holmes Blizzard on the floor in front of one of the bottom vents. Had it on the lowest setting for a while, now stems are getting pretty big, on second highest setting now. Not sure the CFM on this but it's a house fan and 12 inches so prob a lot. Just blows strait ahead for now but when light gets a little higher I'll put on the rotate mode, no room for that right now.
IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_02991.JPG

Then I have a duct near the top I can put the 4inch inside of (blowing air out). Vents are actually like 4.15 in or so... a slight bit more than just 4in.

IMG_0300.JPG

Here's a link to the Fan I plan on getting tomorrow

Here's a link to the HPS light I plan on getting tomorrow

Same company I got the T5 HO lights/fixture from, great company (htgsupply). Think with that set up I would have reasonable temps?

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Yes on light. Here's the kinda fan i was thinking with some ducting.
If budget permits.

deadcat

deadcat

Yes on light. Here's the kinda fan i was thinking with some ducting.
If budget permits.

cool, carbon fiber filter is for the smell right? Smell will prob get pretty bad w/6+ plants under HPS. Plus over double the CFM, good call man.

you're killing my buget dude, LOL.

One question though, it looks like only the end of each is 4inches, the rest is bigger (fan is 11 inch, filter is ~6 inch. Any suggestions on how to mount this in there based on those pics above? Or what kind of ducting did you have in mind? Just not getting how I would hook it up.

deadcat

deadcat

(End of wk 4 pics)
PICS ARE IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER BY DAY

Whole Crop

9-1.JPG
9-2.JPG
9-3.JPG
9-4.JPG
9-5.JPG
9-6.JPG

1 Plant

1132.JPG
2104.JPG
368.JPG
457.JPG
537.JPG
633.JPG

Really surprised they pulled through so well.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

You think that's killing your budget, wait till the utility bill comes. You'll be like this :icon_stick man:. That's the dag nabbit dance. Plants are looking healthy though. And yes, they will get stinky.

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

$300.00 this month alone on all my fans lights and pumps. Thats power bill yo. I have a small grow and yes over do it on some aspects but 300 buck's gaaaaad damn. Pfffft cough cough Totally worth it.

deadcat

deadcat

True. You guys should check with your electric company too. I found out that out here, if you use electricity at night it is cheaper, so I'll be running my 12/12 w/lights on at night.

That fan is 12VDC.
Are you sure?

yeah, that seems kinda weird, think I'll pass.

After doing some research, I think I'm gonna go with the original one I picked out. The tent I have is only 40 sq ft so w/80cfm it will be recycling the air every 30 seconds. Plus it will fit right in the hole so I wouldn't need any ducting, would just need to secure it in the slot correctly. Was gonna get the tote today, but forgot to stop at kmart on the way home, gonna go to kmart or home depot tomorrow to get the 20 gal tote and sawhole bit found a good pump online (tetra whisper) for tanks up to 100 gallons I'll be using. :icon_stick man: LOL!

deadcat

deadcat

Got my tote today, it's this heavy duty black tote 27gals with thick yellow lid.

I noticed when I hold the lid up to the light and put my hand behind it, I can see a shadow. I don't think it's fully light proof (just the lid) so thinking about either covering it w/tin foil or using some krylon paint (black) to paint the lid then start using it when fully dried and all.

Already put the holes in it using a 3 1/2 inch holesaw for 3.75 in netting pots, fits perfect.

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

I wouldnt worry about it too much just dont fill it up too full or wrap it in duct tape before you do.

deadcat

deadcat

I managed to make it light proof by enclosing a black trash bag around the lid, it actually worked out really good... Blocks light great. Transplanted the plants, was a bitch untangling the roots but I managed w/ little damage. only lost 1 or 2 strands out of hundreds. Still waiting on the better pump, longer tubing & a longer flexible air stone, should be here in a couple days. I'm sure the old one will manage until then.

IMG_03101.JPG
IMG_03091.JPG

Top Bottom