hydro res, air and circulation pumps, chillers, and ozone.

• Thread starter GreenGalaxyFarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

WhatsApp Image 2023 02 11 at 145516

when this is all you have to work on, things get complicated.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

today there are too many options when it comes to lighting. leds have come to a point where you can no longer deny their efficiency against any other technology in existance. this is what we are considering running two of in the 9.2x5, the earth axis pro. https://www.energywise.co.za/earth/#earthaxis
are 5 year warranties commonplace?

Frostie069

Frostie069

View attachment 1329732
when this is all you have to work on, things get complicated.
7 plants means you'll have a bit over 400mm spacing.
I have 3 per 1m which puts me over 300mm spacing.

I have reduced to 2 plants per meter which means 500mm spacing. seems to be a better spacing for me. Lots of roots man!

We are using different channels, how long you veg etc will all impact the amount of roots, but spacing will be important to potentially avoid issues. You can cut all your holes and just cover them up if you don't use them all. the ones covered and not using can be inspection ports.

I have also added to my reservoir which I haven't seen used elsewhere and I find it great, an internal aquarium filter that uses a sponge type media. This helps remove any debris that comes through or builds up. I have noticed small debris in the reservoir, looks like ash, not sure if that's what happens over time as the plants eat and things change in the water but that ash stuff will get pumped back up and sticks onto the roots. I don't like that so I filter it out now and my roots have been much whiter for it.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I could still do an valve to every tube the original plan only included one on the pump as it doesn't have flow control

The outlet is done next its the inlet and irrigation tubing still waiting on deliveries to complete the build.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

7 plants means you'll have a bit over 400mm spacing.
I have 3 per 1m which puts me over 300mm spacing.

I have reduced to 2 plants per meter which means 500mm spacing. seems to be a better spacing for me. Lots of roots man!
Like you say lots of roots. Measured out but not drilled yet I have marked spacing on the tubes. 300 and 400, 300 gives me 27 plants and 400 totals 18. So 9 plants difference.
We are using different channels, how long you veg etc will all impact the amount of roots, but spacing will be important to potentially avoid issues. You can cut all your holes and just cover them up if you don't use them all. the ones covered and not using can be inspection ports.
Thought the same regarding inspection holes
I have also added to my reservoir which I haven't seen used elsewhere and I find it great, an internal aquarium filter that uses a sponge type media. This helps remove any debris that comes through or builds up. I have noticed small debris in the reservoir, looks like ash, not sure if that's what happens over time as the plants eat and things change in the water but that ash stuff will get pumped back up and sticks onto the roots. I don't like that so I filter it out now and my roots have been much whiter for it.
Saw these yes. Are you running the sponge filter on a separate pump?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I’d recommend a lid on that reservoir
definitely. just need the rest of stuff to be delivered so i can drill and cut into the lid accurately

the date keeps changing but they say 21st things are here and then ill be able to complete it. in the meantime i have 40 seeds delivered and will pop have of them as soon as the rockwool arrives.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

@freezeland2 couldnt help myself made some cuts so long. not happy how it come out tho

freezeland2

freezeland2

@freezeland2 couldnt help myself made some cuts so long. not happy how it come out tho
Don’t know that there is much more you could do. I had my returns drain to a header manifold and then used a rubber hose from that to the reservoir. I was able to have a single hole rather then slits for the return pipes in my lid.

Frostie069

Frostie069

mines the same, I just cover with clean microfibre rags. I making a new res and am just going to do the same. There are plenty of alternatives that would be neater and more appeasing to the eye. I just don't have time for that at the moment. That's added to the later jobs list. Ideally id like quick attachments for all, so you snap on and off as you need, like air compressor connections.

Yes it's a sponge filter. It's an aquarium internal filter. It's all in one, pump and media. you can run seperate pumps and filters but that's mainly for external filters. I avoid external where possible. I also don't want to run carbon etc, all I want is to remove debris, I don't want to polish it too much. I clean the sponge a couple of times a week, just flush in fresh water.

looks like your going to have a proper crack at NFT. Im excited to see how you go.

What nutrients you going with?

Frostie069

Frostie069

I could still do an valve to every tube the original plan only included one on the pump as it doesn't have flow control

The outlet is done next its the inlet and irrigation tubing still waiting on deliveries to complete the build.
so in my first build I had an inlet manifold with irrigation tubing etc.
I also had taps on every channel.
this was part of my issues list that I corrected second grow.
water is lazy and will always take the easy path, but then there are other factors affecting flow. So I couldn't get an even consistent flow through all channels. that's why I went with connecting them all and running downhill. One inlet and one outlet. I did this rather than run 3 pumps with valves as that's the other option, each channel having its own pump and flow adjustment. I upgraded my channel pump this grow to a smart app one so I can adjust flow, run timers etc, and its very very quiet.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Don’t know that there is much more you could do. I had my returns drain to a header manifold and then used a rubber hose from that to the reservoir. I was able to have a single hole rather then slits for the return pipes in my lid.
That probably works great i just browsed everything at the store an found these 110mm to 50mm adaptors to be an easy solution. But ive placed the airpump on lid as i have no return valve on it yet and willrun the silicone airtubes through the same cuts will try to do this with the water irrigation line too, will have time for this tommorrow. Im strapping the water irrigation line, a roll of 20mm black tube, to the 110 tubes with cable ties as im yet to think of a better solution and want toncomplete this build by end of week.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Ideally id like quick attachments for all, so you snap on and off as you need, like air compressor connections.
They have these but only in 15mm and they are somewhat costly. But ultimately they have very low stock so normal fittings it is.
Yes it's a sponge filter. It's an aquarium internal filter. It's all in one, pump and media. you can run seperate pumps and filters but that's mainly for external filters. I avoid external where possible. I also don't want to run carbon etc, all I want is to remove debris, I don't want to polish it too much. I clean the sponge a couple of times a week, just flush in fresh water.
The water going in is already passing through 5 stages of filtration im thinking more filters are overkill, and im keen to just get this thing going with what i have coming in the mail already.
looks like your going to have a proper crack at NFT. Im excited to see how you go.
Yeah just hope to be able to contribute some properly cured harvest to the local social club come june. Excited myself to run the nutes over the roots come the time.
What nutrients you going with?
Its an us product i think, grotek, impact range of 6 products.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Do you continue adding potasium silicate first in nutrient solution or calcium magnesium. The fact that the ta calmag contains nitrogen lets me to believe im still going to add the potasium silicate first, or at least till i can get hold of mono silicic acid. Is this thinking right?
20230223 174527

Latest posts

Top Bottom