HYDRO Vs SOIL.

• Thread starter LUDACRIS.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
jyip

jyip

You can NOT compete with mother nature. FACT and you will never yield more going hydro than growing soil. NOT possible.
not sure what ya meant here??

just to clarify two things.

When I say soil vs hydro, I'm talking about the same grow environment, same size bucket, dirt vs soil, not my 5 gal hydro bucket against a 375gallon smartpot on some mtn peak in Mendo. Hydro vs mother nature and hydro vs dirt are 2 different things

if you would clarify as to what ya meant and compared them equally as in the example above, then i could base an opinion on it....

but for now i can't...

bongtime,
i have the same temp guage as you,,, it works well....

and your pics are a perfect example of my experience as well...

i have alot of hydro exp. and not much soil exp.. ( indoor ) comparo, as i wouldnt know how u could compare outdoors..greenhouse grows perhaps??

after reading from the front of thread now.....my experiences have shown the hydro gives more per area, and a lil quicker as well, and for quality, i have no complaints w/dro either....

i think it has to do more with skill than how u grow it

cost wise ,,,, and ease of gro,,, equipment to grow....

i spent a lil under $700 for a turbogarden with light included and enuff nutes for 2 grows, and a truncheon to meassure PPM's too... it is a 2 x 3 ft ebb n flo tray ona 25 gal res witha 430 hps light .... after a couple grows i got better and better with it....so i upgraded toa 4 x 4 tray with 49 res undr a 1000 k hps
i tried diferent nutes,, first was that pure blend pro,,, it was good , but made amess in the res, so i switched toa local made nute, it was ok, and finally to canna,, and had great grows with it

i never had equipment break, still original truncheon, still have turbogarden, still have the 4 x 4... ( i use the T garden for veg n moms, and the 4 x 4 for flowering and have seperate, but adjoinin rooms to this in

electricity is the most cost i have

nutes can be alil pricey,, maybe 200 bucks for a cycle + or -,,, but i get a lb and a half or more froma gro,,,, but i end up with a hasle free gro, each time

i kno exactly what my plants need, i can tell you after a fresh res refill, if my plants were thristy, or if they ate alot of nutes, cuz i can measure before and after my tray is flooded and concretely see it in nuumbers on my truncheon stick...
i kno how many tablespoons of pH down i need to get the res to correct pH with fresh tap water,,, i kno exactly how much of everything, and when,and how it happens , and why, the only problem i ever had was from fungus gnats, easy cure, spider mites,,, easy fix too, a lil preventative gos a along way there,,,

but because i do not have much soil indoor experience i cant 100% intelligently speak soil vs hydro,, cuz it would be one sided.... on hydro side

and currently i was having trouble with indoor soil due to high temps, burnt with nutes, and spider mites,, but it is goin in right direction now tho
so to be unfair i could say hydro blows away soil IMO, but i wont cuz it is not 100% cuz idont have soil skills yet,,,
but others here do have BOTH,, it is soo easy to see it,,,
one i see clearly is Motherlode, another is LBH,, and i hav eanother page to read

but all and all it each growers choice to do as they see fit for their own reasons

i dont knock soil, and i dont pump up hydro either,, i just grow and enjoy my weed is all

but my IMHO hydro will out grow soil 1-indoors , 2 in same sized area, 3- same sized pots

another opinion of mine

with soil i am using God's tools to grow weed, but with hydro, i am God growing my weed

have fun n smoke much !!

have my last indoor tray
21 plts, 730 grams dried bud, nine diferents strains, one 1 k hps lite
happy for sure

i will post another pic of the soil i am doin once it it over,, 15 plts same area, same lite ,, 1st soil gro tho.... right now i can guess yeild,, it may go fro anywhere between 2-3 ounces up toa lber maybe ,,, i am gonna say under five ounces tho,,, and if it was a full lber,, i still would go back to hydro,, cuz it suits me better for many reasons,,, but quality is not one of them,, i grow great bud with hydro every time, every time

take care
jyip

IMG 1611
jyip

jyip

hey hasbro,
whats up/ goodto see ya around and cant wait to see ur side by side gro afterwards

L

LUDACRIS.

not sure what ya meant here??

if you would clarify as to what ya meant and compared them equally as in the example above, then i could base an opinion on it....

but for now i can't...

bongtime,
i have the same temp guage as you,,, it works well....

and your pics are a perfect example of my experience as well...

i have alot of hydro exp. and not much soil exp.. ( indoor ) comparo, as i wouldnt know how u could compare outdoors..greenhouse grows perhaps??

after reading from the front of thread now.....my experiences have shown the hydro gives more per area, and a lil quicker as well, and for quality, i have no complaints w/dro either....

i think it has to do more with skill than how u grow it

cost wise ,,,, and ease of gro,,, equipment to grow....

i spent a lil under $700 for a turbogarden with light included and enuff nutes for 2 grows, and a truncheon to meassure PPM's too... it is a 2 x 3 ft ebb n flo tray ona 25 gal res witha 430 hps light .... after a couple grows i got better and better with it....so i upgraded toa 4 x 4 tray with 49 res undr a 1000 k hps
i tried diferent nutes,, first was that pure blend pro,,, it was good , but made amess in the res, so i switched toa local made nute, it was ok, and finally to canna,, and had great grows with it

i never had equipment break, still original truncheon, still have turbogarden, still have the 4 x 4... ( i use the T garden for veg n moms, and the 4 x 4 for flowering and have seperate, but adjoinin rooms to this in

electricity is the most cost i have

nutes can be alil pricey,, maybe 200 bucks for a cycle + or -,,, but i get a lb and a half or more froma gro,,,, but i end up with a hasle free gro, each time

i kno exactly what my plants need, i can tell you after a fresh res refill, if my plants were thristy, or if they ate alot of nutes, cuz i can measure before and after my tray is flooded and concretely see it in nuumbers on my truncheon stick...
i kno how many tablespoons of pH down i need to get the res to correct pH with fresh tap water,,, i kno exactly how much of everything, and when,and how it happens , and why, the only problem i ever had was from fungus gnats, easy cure, spider mites,,, easy fix too, a lil preventative gos a along way there,,,

but because i do not have much soil indoor experience i cant 100% intelligently speak soil vs hydro,, cuz it would be one sided.... on hydro side

and currently i was having trouble with indoor soil due to high temps, burnt with nutes, and spider mites,, but it is goin in right direction now tho
so to be unfair i could say hydro blows away soil IMO, but i wont cuz it is not 100% cuz idont have soil skills yet,,,
but others here do have BOTH,, it is soo easy to see it,,,
one i see clearly is Motherlode, another is LBH,, and i hav eanother page to read

but all and all it each growers choice to do as they see fit for their own reasons

i dont knock soil, and i dont pump up hydro either,, i just grow and enjoy my weed is all

but my IMHO hydro will out grow soil 1-indoors , 2 in same sized area, 3- same sized pots

another opinion of mine

with soil i am using God's tools to grow weed, but with hydro, i am God growing my weed

have fun n smoke much !!

have my last indoor tray
21 plts, 730 grams dried bud, nine diferents strains, one 1 k hps lite
happy for sure

i will post another pic of the soil i am doin once it it over,, 15 plts same area, same lite ,, 1st soil gro tho.... right now i can guess yeild,, it may go fro anywhere between 2-3 ounces up toa lber maybe ,,, i am gonna say under five ounces tho,,, and if it was a full lber,, i still would go back to hydro,, cuz it suits me better for many reasons,,, but quality is not one of them,, i grow great bud with hydro every time, every time

take care
jyip

Outdoors/organic and the way cannabis plats came about in the first place. Hydro is just an alternative to mother nature. A bit like growing trees where they just will not stop growing as the soil provides much more medium to work with.

LUDA.

LBH

LBH

Maybe the name of the thread should have been outdoor vs indoor.

L

LUDACRIS.

Maybe the name of the thread should have been outdoor vs indoor.

Yes you are right there. Its really what i meant but in my stupidity did not mention that to start with.
(sorry all).

LUDA.

L

LUDACRIS.

See? I'm not an asshole, you're just a stoner!!

Sorry but you are so so true and now i cant stop laughing at my dumb ass.

Thanks for the props (returned).

CHRIS.
Th lmao rainbow

Thanks all.

jyip

jyip

Outdoors/organic and the way cannabis plats came about in the first place. Hydro is just an alternative to mother nature. A bit like growing trees where they just will not stop growing as the soil provides much more medium to work with.

LUDA.

i do agree with that chris

jyip

jyip

and we are all a happy family after all in the end

nice!!! lol

have a good one everybody...

MEGA956

MEGA956

//I would just grow in whatever medium best suits my needs. Both soil and the many
hydro mediums seem to have its pro's and con's and both produce great results in
different area's, for example..... Hydro buds grow faster, but have less taste. Soil
takes it time, but the quality is surpass any other style of grow, inluding UC!

//This is my opinion, any debate is more than welcome.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
plant to plant I have yet to see outdoor grown weed thats tastes as good as my indoor hydro - Im sorry but those hard fast rules are old and outdated and bullshit IMO

I have grown the same plant indoor as outdoor of most of the current strains I have

a few of the organic outdoor ones had different taste profiles - but I would not say it was better and/or had MORE flavor

for example casey jones indoor for me is kinda hashy sweet and outdoor it was more skunky

white fire indoor for me is fuely lemony with hints of burnt rubber and outdoors it smells more like the white

I grow weed for myself and I like - no wait I LOVE good weed - if my indoor hydro was flavorless I would have gone back to bug infested 20 dollar bags of dirt long ago

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Well I meant a grow indoors with a super soil. A 4x8 grow bed used properly can get
you bout 8units of the BEST pot, using ONLY organic tea's.

//And I never said "bug infested... bags of dirt" were better than Hydro, so that
comment is out of place to say the least!

//Flavor in indoor super soil is above and apart in quality than ANY form of hydro.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
not out of place bro - its a reference to an earlier post about why I gave up on dirt in the first place

if i gave you some of my hydro smoke and told you it was grown in dirt you would have no problem believing that - trust me

that UC run I did was some of the best tasting - sticky - smooth as fuck, white ash to the end smoke I ever grew

Im still waiting on a few people to post that smoke report...

L

LUDACRIS.

not out of place bro - its a reference to an earlier post about why I gave up on dirt in the first place

if i gave you some of my hydro smoke and told you it was grown in dirt you would have no problem believing that - trust me

that UC run I did was some of the best tasting - sticky - smooth as fuck, white ash to the end smoke I ever grew

Im still waiting on a few people to post that smoke report...

Out of place so what ?.
Who really cares what you think. Just coz your a trial mod do you all think we are all going to agree with your opinion = NO.
(different strokes for different folks).

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Out of place so what ?.
Who really cares what you think. Just coz your a trial mod do you all think we are all going to agree with your opinion = NO.

it was a response to the post above mine

I can care less if you agree - but everybody needs to repect each other here

LBH

LBH

Out of place so what ?.

Dude, you just don't stop. He gets respect because his opinion is not just dead on, but also for the way he presents it (with facts and in a non judgmental manor) Folks like him have been proving me wrong (and making me a better grower) for years. Admitting you don't know everything and thanking them for the education is how to get that respect returned. Even agreeing to disagree can be done w/o being a tool.

You could learn a lot here, pay attention

Back to YOUR original topic,.....

I said it earlier and I'll say it again,...if there were a discernible taste difference between mediums, they would separate them into individual classes for competitions,.....but they don't.

L

LUDACRIS.

it was a response to the post above mine

I can care less if you agree - but everybody needs to repect each other here

I do have respect so i dont know where you are going with that theory ??. Just use the quote button and i will know who is talking to who. I have no disrespect for any users and if you think i do then ban me. Simple as that.
Your the one controlling the situation so what have i done wrong ??.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//I personally value other peoples opinion, so thanks for your response ML. & sorry for
confusion, if any.

//UC is great for producing tree's in a week, I haven't smoked any UC grown bud, but
I'd be willing to try it even if the nutrients used are salt based, or synthetics. How
long would you have to flush to take all that harsh taste out of it??

//Organic soil is the way its been and the way it should be. IMO

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I used dutch master - day 62 I jsut started topping the system off with ro - harvested at day 77

was really impressed with the flavor, smell and resin production with the DM - so much that Im using it in my current coco run with organic supplements top fed twice a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom