Hydrofarm Commercial Double Ended Light Kit

• Thread starter chinqlinq
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Hey man I appreciate the extra work, and will do business accordingly. If you guys weren't doing this I would make my best judgment and just buy from whoever offers price and service.

Your info is a notch up from everyone else online, and way better than anyone local in PDX. Just want to see you keep it that way and not fall for nonsense like what Genesis states.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hey man I appreciate the extra work, and will do business accordingly. If you guys weren't doing this I would make my best judgment and just buy from whoever offers price and service.

Your info is a notch up from everyone else online, and way better than anyone local in PDX. Just want to see you keep it that way and not fall for nonsense like what Genesis states.
Thanks Herb, I appreciate your patience...

I'll address all your questions Monday

B

basement bob

Nothing earned is free, but thanks @GR33NL3AF for doing the work.

If you offered ZERO info to me, I'd buy what YOU said worked best for my grow. You're selling the pick axes, I'm mining the Gold. (But I want to sell the axes too)
Customer service and product support are the Gold in your business. The products will always change.....The service......
That's Gold

Bob

Last edited:
Billyboat

Billyboat

I'm trying something different, I'm going to run the nanolux de on a mover and see how close I can get it to the plants, it's covering a 13' area...and moving 5 feet.

Last edited:
B

basement bob

Thanks @Billyboat
Makes my 315W LEC look dim.

Bob

; )

dogznova

dogznova

I'm trying something different, I'm going to run the nanolux de on a mover and see how close I can get it to the plants, it's covering a 13' area...and moving 5 feet.

Just asking.. But are those ballast remote?

Thought about this setup and a light mover but would want the ballast outside of the grow room..

Billyboat

Billyboat

Just asking.. But are those ballast remote?

Thought about this setup and a light mover but would want the ballast outside of the grow room..

The setup I have is one unit, but they make a remote ballast.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Is Monster Gardens going to correct misinformation Genesis has given on UV levels vs the blue wavelengths? In some of your recent youtube videos the same bad info is repeated by the presenters.

It would be nice to get clarification on the spectral claims, otherwise I'm not buying that DE lamp is any better than Philips' or Gavita's (and possibly lower quality?) If you can show us trustworthy real world comparisons of all 4 lamps, then I'll give you my business ;)

Will you also be testing the Nanolux fixture against the same parameters as the Gavita vs EPap? I'd like to see data for all these DE lamps compared at farther distances from the canopy, especially footprint and ppfd for the Nanolux on several settings.
here are a set of numbers that i hope can help you out brother.
IMG 2026
IMG 2027
IMG 2028
IMG 2029
IMG 2030

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Is Monster Gardens going to correct misinformation Genesis has given on UV levels vs the blue wavelengths? In some of your recent youtube videos the same bad info is repeated by the presenters.

It would be nice to get clarification on the spectral claims, otherwise I'm not buying that DE lamp is any better than Philips' or Gavita's (and possibly lower quality?) If you can show us trustworthy real world comparisons of all 4 lamps, then I'll give you my business ;)

Will you also be testing the Nanolux fixture against the same parameters as the Gavita vs EPap? I'd like to see data for all these DE lamps compared at farther distances from the canopy, especially footprint and ppfd for the Nanolux on several settings.
the Titaness reflector will be available with the digilume DE fixture that will be out soon.

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

keep in mind that the E-pap reflector is geared more towards running multiple fixtures inline with each other over an area. these original double ended setups were made for greenhouses and those MASSIVE greenhouses have upwards of hundreds, if not thousands, of these lights running to cover huge areas. they rely on overlapping light coverage to take in full advantage of these bulbs.

please take that in mind when reviewing which reflector/fixture to buy. i made the mistake of reading Grener's numbers on standards hoods and ended up buying 4 Blockbusters years ago because they had the best numbers at the time and ended up regretting it big time. I would have done better with the spread of Magnum XXLs instead.

Billyboat

Billyboat

That DE bulb is not real, long burner just increase lumens but low PAR, such burner usually use for square lighting, it contains less blue and red light than real grow light. What's brand of that one?

I'll take a look tomorrow and find out.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

That DE bulb is not real, long burner just increase lumens but low PAR, such burner usually use for square lighting, it contains less blue and red light than real grow light. What's brand of that one?
Not Real?
Over the last 6 months I've seen SO many micromul tests on the various DE bulbs, which is great, problem is they are all conflicting! Take these tests with a grain of salt. Also, there are a VERY small amount of manufacturers actually making these bulbs, meaning what? Several of them are built in the same factory, i.e. same bulb...

Hydrofarm also sent us a Phantom DE fixture to 'play' with, this thing is ridiculously cheap. Needs to be assembled, who is going to assemble 200 of these? There is also a purple hue to the reflector because it was not fully 'finished'.

Furthermore, your picture comparing the bulbs is inaccurate. The Nano DE bulb has a Getter, are you aware of what a getter is? It dictates a horticultural bulb. The bulb you have in the picture does not have a getter and it is not the Nano bulb.

Billyboat

Billyboat

What is a getter and why do you need one?

A getter is a component in lamps with evacuated outer bulbs that improves the quality of the vacuum. The vacuum thermally isolates the hot arc tube from the environment (in the same way as a Thermos flask). If the vacuum in the outer bulb is poor, the arc tube is cooled. At a reduced arc tube wall temperature, the color properties change and the luminous flux and luminous efficacy drop.

The Phillips green power 1000w de looks identical to the nanolux bulb..

Latest posts

Top Bottom