Hydrofarm Commercial Double Ended Light Kit

• Thread starter chinqlinq
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coir

Coir

So the last time I held up a Gavita bulb to an Ushio, they are so identical you can not tell one from the other unless you look at the writing etched on the bulb. Dennis, I say don't listen to the distributors and keep posting information. We as growers/consumers can not have too much information and we are the driving force(dollars) behind these manufacturers and deserve to know the truth!

sixstring

sixstring

I actually have a conference call planned with their tech guys for tomorrow, I was going to ask the exact same questions!

Great minds think alike.
hey billy i have a question with their wireless system if you get a chance.i wonder how it pairs with a droid based phone or what might happen during a power lose.does the system have some kind of coding that it stores on board so you can continue monitoring after a power failure or will you have to reprogram due to losing your ip address from said power failure.i ask because when i lose power here i lose my ability to look up my security cams until i can get home and look up my new ip address.i had a dedicated ip for a year but it got expensive where im at so i dropped it.i guess i wonder if its internet based at all or runs off phone lines or what lol.

K

kuz

I agree with texas kid, you dont want the gavitas too close to the canopy. I stressed the plants for a run or two having the lights too close. In a 8x8 room I have two gavitas on movers and one induction in between them. Gavita is the only de light I have tried, dont know about the rest of them.

Billyboat

Billyboat

hey billy i have a question with their wireless system if you get a chance.i wonder how it pairs with a droid based phone or what might happen during a power lose.does the system have some kind of coding that it stores on board so you can continue monitoring after a power failure or will you have to reprogram due to losing your ip address from said power failure.i ask because when i lose power here i lose my ability to look up my security cams until i can get home and look up my new ip address.i had a dedicated ip for a year but it got expensive where im at so i dropped it.i guess i wonder if its internet based at all or runs off phone lines or what lol.

The first nano I've been running is their 1st gen and it didn't have the NCCS tech.

I have 20 nano's that should be here Monday with the wireless tech, so to be honest I don't know yet, as I haven't been able to play with em it. I thought I was going to be able run 4 more of em a month ago but the US distributor was out of stock and I didn't want to pay 40 bucks each for air shipping from china.

I'll def le ya know how they work, @sixstring, and I'll ask their tech dept when I speak with them today.

sixstring

sixstring

I agree with texas kid, you dont want the gavitas too close to the canopy. I stressed the plants for a run or two having the lights too close. In a 8x8 room I have two gavitas on movers and one induction in between them. Gavita is the only de light I have tried, dont know about the rest of them.

im still not seeing any bleaching or ill effects running my 800w at 18 to 24 in above the tops.but I can say they require a noticeable amount of extra food and water with these lights.my normal feed is around 650 to 700ppm or 1.3ec and plants under gavitas like wifi have looked better @ about 1000ppm or 2.0ec enviro plays a huge part in how
Close you can keep any light.
@Billyboat cool beans bro, your livin the dream and we're livin it through you :)

K

kuz

Didnt see any bleaching, the buds stretched out some, didnt stay as tight and dense as they should have. I crank the light up to 1150 about 3 or 4 weeks in. There are a lot of guys on this site that would say you are stressing the hell out of your plants at those nute levels. I run them up there or even higher myself.

I think gavita claims these lights will be good for five years, anybody tested that?

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

dang im getting confused in here.heres what my understanding is with what appears to be the dennis yang bulb.in this pic he shows his lamp(i think) under a phillips bulb with his having 2 round discs to support the arc tube while also reflecting light differently then those pieces the phillips uses.plus his lamp has what i think he calls a getter on both ends of the bulb where the other lamps all use just one.it looks like a little computer chip or mini heat sink.color means alot to our plants,and i have not seen any spectral charts like you see with other hort bulbs,ya know how they give you a graph with color spectrum to show green red and blue?anyhow i look forward to seeing billy's results with nano,im under the impression that it is not a 400v lamp but somewhere around 300v maybe lower?
View attachment 463669
so the "getter" is a component of the lamp that acts as a sort of collection unit to trap contaminates that are discharged over the life and use of the lamp. the majority of contaminant is tungsten. so…. i agree with Dennis, more than one getter is going to give less degradation over time and lends itself to a higher quality product. Diameter and length also dictates quality, performance, and life span IMO. good thread, good info…. also good entertainment!!!!

Billyboat

Billyboat

Yes, the length effect lumens output, the longer the higher ,but PAR will lower,
so Philips E39 400v 1000w with long burner only 1850μmol/s
http://www.gavita-nederland.com/products/lamps/philips-hps-lamps/item/philips-agrolite-xt-1000w

In order to Max PAR, using short and fat burner, adjust the gas pressure and sodium amalgam in burner can achieve it. It cost me 2 years to search the balance between PAR and reliability(I ever made the bulb exceed 2200μmol/s but something wrong with lifespan ).

I am here want to tell some distributors, don't purchase goods only with cheap price from China, treasure your reputation, responsible for your customers.

Why did the nano bulb have more Par output then the Phillips?

Billyboat

Billyboat

I went to my buddies hydro shop who sells all the major brands, and I brought the nano with me.

We went into their little garden room that has lights set up as a demo..

We placed the nano fixture and an epap fixture 59" off the ground and used a 2 foot step stool as a base to sit the par meters on.

We used a sunlight supply par meter and a par meter that has 6 or 7 sensors built into it.

We ran each fixture as is and read the numbers...let them cool down and then switched the bulbs in each fixture.

Basically it.

sixstring

sixstring

I went to my buddies hydro shop who sells all the major brands, and I brought the nano with me.

We went into their little garden room that has lights set up as a demo..

We placed the nano fixture and an epap fixture 59" off the ground and used a 2 foot step stool as a base to sit the par meters on.

We used a sunlight supply par meter and a par meter that has 6 or 7 sensors built into it.

We ran each fixture as is and read the numbers...let them cool down and then switched the bulbs in each fixture.

Basically it.
so they are the same ? yer killin me billy :)

Durzil

Durzil

I just purchased 2 Nano DE 1000 units cyber Monday, and will be making the drive from Oregon to California soon to pick my order up, so I'm very interested in how the nano bulb differs? I'm wondering if I should of just bought the Gavita's now? Any more info or opinions? Also any more info on the genesis de bulb release?

sixstring

sixstring

The nano was just slightly higher, a marginal amount.

I can re do the tests and post some pictures if it's valueable to any one.
no ill take your word for it billy.if you say its marginal thats good enough for me bro.

Durzil

Durzil

So Dennis, how do we get your bulb? I'd be interested in seeing the difference since I'm running 2 1K lights side by side.

Billyboat

Billyboat

So I may get bashed for saying some of the info that I've found out....but here goes...

I've had the opportunity to speak with a few people that work in China, and manufacture bulbs and who actually own and run those expensive spheres...

I've spoke with the owner of Nanolux and a source directly in china (who asked to not be named)...As soon as I mentioned the burner and arc tube length and how it was designed both parties started chuckling and said your not talking about dennis are you....

All of my sources know this dennis fellow and two independent sources tell me that he doesn't have a factory and those spheres aren't his, and that he is a salesman simply trying to push "his bulb" that was made in another factory and only sold less then 600 bulbs to date. He is begging for sales. I personally am not convinced, and need more info before I'm completely sold that nanos "are" junk, and his bulb is the one we should be running...

A lab in socal is running a nano bulb in a sphere and I should have some test results after the holidays.

Again this is not an attack on anyone, I'm simply relaying the info I have received.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I tell you more info, when I made the first 1000w DE, I quit the job and created lumenhort to start my own business, but I still leading the improvement and test those bulbs in factory laboratory, the
bulb exceeded 2100μmol/s on Nov,2013. They only know I have sold less than 600 bulbs to US market, but they didn't know my father's ballast company has 15 years history in EURO market, EURO greenhouses are using my DE, you may saw the project pics on my website.
The 1000w DE from other companies cannot pass PAR test to entry EURO greenhouse market, but they can go to US market, because customers are not professional enough. Now after I shared my reports, some factories may afraid, some distributors may afraid, someones didn't believe it, but when Utahstate university got the same result as my report, you will know who are telling you the truth.

Like I said, I'm all hears, I'm paying for some testing of my own, out of my own pocket, as I want to know as well.

Any chance of sending a bulb this way so we can get some hands on experience with it?

Billyboat

Billyboat

Off the top of my head I can't remember their name, but I have the phone number of the place, I was going to call them this upcoming week and schedule a time and then go from there.

They are in or near San Diego I do believe.

Top Bottom