Hydrofarm Commercial Double Ended Light Kit

• Thread starter chinqlinq
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Very cool to find an independent facility billy,i figured the only people people that have u spheres were manufacturers.

JamesWatt

JamesWatt

whats there to be said about gativa being the company who claims their ballast operate at a high freq with a proper 400v ballast to match the bulb??

i know little about any of this but thats what i feel like I'm noticing so far...

I've seen the epaps, gavitas and the phantom DE from hydro farm along with sun systems ac/de and I'm not sure anyone is using the correct ballast.

even gavita makes the digistar ballast which is also not suitable for DE lamps but they do have a pro 1000w ballast you could use with your ac/de and de lamps

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

And....

Confu
They'll be released soon enough...
whats there to be said about gativa being the company who claims their ballast operate at a high freq with a proper 400v ballast to match the bulb??

i know little about any of this but thats what i feel like I'm noticing so far...

I've seen the epaps, gavitas and the phantom DE from hydro farm along with sun systems ac/de and I'm not sure anyone is using the correct ballast.

even gavita makes the digistar ballast which is also not suitable for DE lamps but they do have a pro 1000w ballast you could use with your ac/de and de lamps
What Gavita achieved with their first round of Classic's paired with the Philips bulb was magic. Sense then, as production increased I haven't seen another comparable product. Sadly, Sun Light is discontinuing the Gavita Pro and I feel it's because people succumb to marketing and it's received very little. I've heard allot of people complaining about RF with the new Digistar E ballast, making it impossible to run the EL controller.

The ballasts are all the same, minus a few variations here and there.

sixstring

sixstring

Well the rf must be off the charts on those ballast because I have my el2 mounted smack dab in the middle of my room, also in this room is 12 digi ballast of various makes.nextgen, nanolux, lumitec, and phantoms and they all have the standard 15 foot cordset connected to my cooltubes.i know theres rf in here because you cant listen to a radio in here at all lol.is this rf problem with the el2 just one or 2 people complaining or widespread?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

They'll be released soon enough...

What Gavita achieved with their first round of Classic's paired with the Philips bulb was magic. Sense then, as production increased I haven't seen another comparable product. Sadly, Sun Light is discontinuing the Gavita Pro and I feel it's because people succumb to marketing and it's received very little. I've heard allot of people complaining about RF with the new Digistar E ballast, making it impossible to run the EL controller.

The ballasts are all the same, minus a few variations here and there.

So sunlight is discontinuing the classic and just going with the e-series?Or discontinuing the gavita altogether?Im not sure either one of those make sense,maybe from a profit standpoint i guess.Also if sunlight is the distributor but doesnt keep the classic line on than its very possible someone else picks it up unless gavita stops production but i doubt that considering all the greenhouses in europe they are hanging in.Its hard to beleive that marketing played into sunlights decision,the DE fixture and bulb are one of the biggest changes in lighting tech in years and it sure looks like a huge success to me.
Also just to clarify are you saying the classics are better than the e-series somehow qualitywise?Just trying to wrap my head around your statement.Ive always thought the e-series and classic were pretty much the same with the e-series just having the added controllability feature.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

So sunlight is discontinuing the classic and just going with the e-series?Or discontinuing the gavita altogether?Im not sure either one of those make sense,maybe from a profit standpoint i guess.Also if sunlight is the distributor but doesnt keep the classic line on than its very possible someone else picks it up unless gavita stops production but i doubt that considering all the greenhouses in europe they are hanging in.Its hard to beleive that marketing played into sunlights decision,the DE fixture and bulb are one of the biggest changes in lighting tech in years and it sure looks like a huge success to me.
Also just to clarify are you saying the classics are better than the e-series somehow qualitywise?Just trying to wrap my head around your statement.Ive always thought the e-series and classic were pretty much the same with the e-series just having the added controllability feature.
Sunlight is discontinuing the Gavita Pro Ballast and I also haven't seen the Digistar on their site for some time now. We buy our Gavita products elsewhere.

The current Gavita's (Classic and E) are the same but the first batches of Classics were built specifically with the Philips bulb in mind and did have slightly more output.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I called Light Laboratory Inc and they were super helpful over the phone!

I'm going to be dropping them off a Nanolux DE set up and they are going to do a full analysis of the spectrum, miromole, lumen, and par output.

They did state that there isn't an industry standard for testing micromole and distance from the reflector will make a difference, so what distance should I request the tests be done at?

@Dennis Yang

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

@Billyboat @sixstring

That's perfect Six, 24" 36" 48"...

Really glad you are having this done Billy. Because I work for Monster allot of my information is taken as biased. I've decided to save all my information for those that hit me up via PM and are not interested in wasting my time.

Billyboat

Billyboat

@Billyboat @sixstring

Really glad you are having this done Billy. Because I work for Monster allot of my information is taken as biased. I've decided to save all my information for those that hit me up via PM and are not interested in wasting my time.

The test is 350 bucks so I'm not sure if I will be able to do different heights if they want 350 for each test, but I'm going to see if I can work out a deal.

The other thing I would like to see if they can test is running a Phillips Green Power bulb with the nanolux ballast and see if it produces the same performance as the gavita ballast.

I'm a little low on funds at the moment so the Phillips test may have to wait till after Jan 1st...

Ill keep ya updated!

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

@Billyboat @sixstring

Because his 'information' can't stand scrutiny in public from those who educate themselves on an academic level rather than just the marketing materials.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

wtf does "commercial" mean? in my experience it simply means more $
:eek:

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Because his 'information' can't stand scrutiny in public from those who educate themselves on an academic level rather than just the marketing materials.
Instead of laying it to rest you have to run your mouth now? How old are you? If you have all the answers why are you in threads like these? You're a prime example of someone wasting my time. I have the resources and ability to test these products, you do not, take your know-it-all attitude and put it to better use.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

^gets to make smartass comments and act like a dick, but when I do it back fifis become hurt and ranting persists. Happy holidays.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Why all the hate on @GR33NL3AF? He has always been super helpful IMO.

He works for MG, so what? If I worked for a hydro company would that make me any less credible?
Because I got a hell of a discount on the nanolux stuff, does that make me less credible?
Don't we all want the best price and best product?

Its not like he gets a kick back for every product he sells..

They sell an array of products and all the major brands, so I don't see a reason for the hate.

In the nicest way possible @Herb Forester why chime in when you have nothing to add to this discussion, except for bad mouthing.

Unless I'm missing something, but it seems like Greenleaf does us good by at least taking the time to make vidoes and do actual tests...

Just my 2 cents...

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

You're right, I was acting out after he completely misrepresented my questions and started accusing me of things I didn't say. Never had a salesman tell me to fuck off before when I already said he had earned over $7k of my business, and I just wanted to hear about the upgrade option before pulling the trigger. I guess he thought the shipping quote was just me bullshitting?

I don't need more lights for another month so I'm here listening to everyone's input and calling out a few things as I see them. I'm sorry if my likes aren't obvious enough appreciation for other's contributions. Eagerly awaiting your test results, thanks.

Oh and inferring Jair @Gavita is just a bullshitter is also real classy way to do business when you sell their products.

Top Bottom