Hydrofarm Commercial Double Ended Light Kit

• Thread starter chinqlinq
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

What he said. I switched from 4 reg 1000 phantom ballasts to 4 1000 Gavita De and I'm 10 days from harvest on my first run and You can visibly see a huge difference in yield and everything is very dense. I will say with the ballasts in the room you will see a good jump in heat. It was 90 here in SoCal yesterday and the Ac couldn't keep up. Unless you have a high ceiling you won't be growing big trees because of the
30 inches distance. I think the good out weighs the bad.

What kind of jumps in heat are we talking? I'm thinking of switching... the exact same switch you made. I'm gonna keep the ballasts in the room for RF reasons. I was already kinda skimping on cooling with a 12,000 btu a/c but it was getting the job done... barely

Thereallenny

Thereallenny

What kind of jumps in heat are we talking? I'm thinking of switching... the exact same switch you made. I'm gonna keep the ballasts in the room for RF reasons. I was already kinda skimping on cooling with a 12,000 btu a/c but it was getting the job done... barely
I'm running a 12,000btu and a 9,000 and it's getting it done but both are running non stop. I'm near Camarillo ca behind the mountain near Malibu and it was 90 outside couple days ago and it couldn't keep up. Couldn't get it under 83 for 3 days. I would say 10 degrees difference. i like to keep it at close as I can to 75. I'm looking at 5 ton unit but I'm also adding another 4 in another tent. The extension on the tent was make or break for me. Gorilla tents have a extension. You can actually add 2 exitions I believe.
I'm also switching back to top drop hydro and run numbers instead of trees because of the height restriction.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

View attachment 495238 View attachment 495239
I'm running a 12,000btu and a 9,000 and it's getting it done but both are running non stop. I'm near Camarillo ca behind the mountain near Malibu and it was 90 outside couple days ago and it couldn't keep up. Couldn't get it under 83 for 3 days. I would say 10 degrees difference. i like to keep it at close as I can to 75. I'm looking at 5 ton unit but I'm also adding another 4 in another tent. The extension on the tent was make or break for me. Gorilla tents have a extension. You can actually add 2 exitions I believe.
I'm also switching back to top drop hydro and run numbers instead of trees because of the height restriction.

Thanks for the info. I try to keep my room at 85, so I think your setup would work just fine for me. The ACs running constantly is a pain in the ass, but a pain in the ass I'm willing to deal with.

I'm guessing you're not running c02...

Hank

Hank

Test 004
I have the gavita and I'm very happy with its performance. My tent temps do increase depending on the time of year and outside temps. Even without AC I can manage descent yields. This grow is about a week away.
Test 002

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Now we can make 1000w SE bulbs same as DE with 2100μmol/s

I find many cheap DE selling on Amazon, the burner in them are not for grow light, low PAR, be careful.

I'm curious about these cheap DE bulbs. I just ran some Impulse DE bulbs with some Nanolux DE ballasts and they had a really red spectrum when turned down to 600. My plants fried under them. Any ideas?

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Yea just curious what your take on cheap bulbs was. Something wasn't right with the ballast/bulb combo, I've never seen anything like it. I've moved on though. We could not figure it out so I ditched that setup and things are back to normal. Thanks for the response.

G gnome

G gnome

I manage to buy very lil made in china. Especially equipment. No offense but thats a convenient reason to not pay a lil extra or do a lil research.

grower4life

grower4life

Just wanted to chime in in on this , I bought 16 of the gavita digy star set up last year in July, first thing I noticed was non of my hygrometers and digy temp Gage's red correct at all any more, I couldn't use the gavita master controller ether due to all the RF. what a bunch of BS but what ever I felt with it. I saw huge yield increases which was awesome.
I noticed that my all my digy meters where completely incorrect / distorted after a year of the RF abuse , recently I disconnected one of the ballast wile it was powered up and had it arc and catch the reseptical on fire. Scared the fuking shit outa me, so I start doing some research and the digy star is no longer made due to the RF issue and many others and I also found out about a few others that had the arcing fire issue happen. Crap , shit , throwing the ballast in the garbage and looking for a new ballast to power the remote hood and build. I believe the nanolux is what I'm Gona role with . Lots of great info this thread ,,, thank you all

P

Phatjay

This thread started off as a phantom DE topic but kind of strayed towards nanolux. Did anyone have any success with the phantom setup? Theyre not too popular but maybe someone can tell us how they went?

Latest posts

Top Bottom