HydroGen Pro Water Cooled Co2 Generator ??

• Thread starter Organica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organica

Organica

Got this thing hooked up to the NEW Sentinel CHHC-4 CO2, Temperature & Humidity Controller which works great, but I'm having a bitch of a time keeping the co2 unit running. I have a huge pump hooked up to the reservoir. So the flow isn't a problem. If any of you are using this unit how do you cool it. I have a huge chiller cooling the res for the co2 unit and it still gets hot as fuck. You cant turn the water pressure up without it shutting off. This thing has been a royal pain in the ass.

When you first turn it on it gets the ppm up quick and works well for about 30 mins and then off again. I'm about the bust the damn thing. Any info from other users would be a blessing.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Got this thing hooked up to the NEW Sentinel CHHC-4 CO2, Temperature & Humidity Controller which works great, but I'm having a bitch of a time keeping the co2 unit running. I have a huge pump hooked up to the reservoir. So the flow isn't a problem. If any of you are using this unit how do you cool it. I have a huge chiller cooling the res for the co2 unit and it still gets hot as fuck. You cant turn the water pressure up without it shutting off. This thing has been a royal pain in the ass.

When you first turn it on it gets the ppm up quick and works well for about 30 mins and then off again. I'm about the bust the damn thing. Any info from other users would be a blessing.

It's a no name brand tankless water heater with a sexy paint job. It is not designed to flow lots of water because its mission in life is to make water HOT, the CO² is just a byproduct. You don't want to try to cool the water you've passed through your hydroGen, either, as it's much more expensive than it's worth. Do something useful with your hot water if you can before draining to waste.

ttystikk

ttystikk

The *ULTIMATE* CO² generator? A fuel cell- the things put out electricity, water vapor, heat- and pure CO²... the future looks bright from here!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I have always ran mine drain to waste. I use the Marel 5l unit though. I bought a Hydrogen Pro and had nothing but problems with it....but my cheap Marey's keep chugging away.

Organica

Organica

Ahhh fuck. Thanks for the info guys, the damn thing isn't cheap either. Maybe Ill pawn it online. I never used Co2 and when I did I wanted something that was good. Damn grow shop kids, I hate when the owners are not there and I have some 20 year old that has never grown selling equipment.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ahhh fuck. Thanks for the info guys, the damn thing isn't cheap either. Maybe Ill pawn it online. I never used Co2 and when I did I wanted something that was good. Damn grow shop kids, I hate when the owners are not there and I have some 20 year old that has never grown selling equipment.

How big is your show? Are you certain you need to go the burner route and not tanks?

Organica

Organica

Yea but dont you have to run hose from it ? And can you plug them into a controller?? I always thought tanks were for closet grows Ill have to look into it. I have Sentineals (spelling) best environmental controller, it has co2, ac, heat, humidity, ect ect. I just wanted to get the best burner I could by. how does the tank system work? And do you have to refill them constantly, Temps are very low 80's and rooms are 12 x 12. Thanks.

Organica

Organica

I have always ran mine drain to waste. I use the Marel 5l unit though. I bought a Hydrogen Pro and had nothing but problems with it....but my cheap Marey's keep chugging away.

Yea when I saw there website (hydro innovations) I thought it looked like top of the line innovative equipment. There prices sure are set that way lol. Now the more people I'm talking to online the more bad things I'm hearing. Are any of there products any good? I saw they have liquid cooling gear for rooms instead of air/ac. That would be baum. I'm literally running 6 of those stand up ac's and a window unit outside the room, Summer sucks balls. The lady's love the cold.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yea when I saw there website (hydro innovations) I thought it looked like top of the line innovative equipment. There prices sure are set that way lol. Now the more people I'm talking to online the more bad things I'm hearing. Are any of there products any good? I saw they have liquid cooling gear for rooms instead of air/ac. That would be baum. I'm literally running 6 of those stand up ac's and a window unit outside the room, Summer sucks balls. The lady's love the cold.

The HydroGen CO² burner is a piece of shit, but that's because it's an AN product (like 'badass ballasts'). Hydro Innovations are a good bunch of highly knowledgeable people, and I've never had any trouble with gear I've gotten from them that could be traced back to hydro innovations' being in any way at fault.

You want to talk water cooling a multi room op, you just found your guy.

Organica

Organica

Oh, and who is AN that's not advanced Nutrients is it?? I saw those badass ballasts in a grow mag and there priced out the ass, I run lumatek & Nano's, and even more expensive compared to getting them off amazon or ebay. I just read a couple of water cooled threads that your pretty active in. I never even heard of water cooled rooms, I have been busy and haven't been online in a few years, before I was a member of cannabis culture and Icmag, but the farmer forum I find much more enjoyable, and dont have to read through 50% of the I'm a grow master threads if you know what I mean, so I have a shit ton of research to do. Thanks for all the great info.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Oh, and who is AN that's not advanced Nutrients is it?? I saw those badass ballasts in a grow mag and there priced out the ass, I run lumatek & Nano's, and even more expensive compared to getting them off amazon or ebay. I just read a couple of water cooled threads that your pretty active in. I never even heard of water cooled rooms, I have been busy and haven't been online in a few years, before I was a member of cannabis culture and Icmag, but the farmer forum I find much more enjoyable, and dont have to read through 50% of the I'm a grow master threads if you know what I mean, so I have a shit ton of research to do. Thanks for all the great info.

Yes, the very same 'Advanced' nutrients, those paragons of quality over qwan... cough, cough!

I'm happy to answer questions, general and specific about water cooling. Whaddaya got?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

The HydroGen CO² burner is a piece of shit, but that's because it's an AN product (like 'badass ballasts'). Hydro Innovations are a good bunch of highly knowledgeable people, and I've never had any trouble with gear I've gotten from them that could be traced back to hydro innovations' being in any way at fault.

Not to be a dick, but you're wrong about this tty. The Hydrogen Pro is from Hydro Innovations. I've had problem after problem with mine, and Lucas (HI tech support) has done his best to help sort it out. I've also had problems with the CO2 monitors from them as well. But nothing else, and I have used and still own quite a few things from them. I don't think Hydro Innovations is a bad company because of this though. I just think it's a flawed product. I think the problem was they tool a simple design, (The Marey 5L) and tried to trick it out too much. That's just my opinion though, because I have 2 Marey's, one in each flower room, and they just continue to do their thing day after day with no problems.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Not to be a dick, but you're wrong about this tty. The Hydrogen Pro is from Hydro Innovations. I've had problem after problem with mine, and Lucas (HI tech support) has done his best to help sort it out. I've also had problems with the CO2 monitors from them as well. But nothing else, and I have used and still own quite a few things from them. I don't think Hydro Innovations is a bad company because of this though. I just think it's a flawed product. I think the problem was they tool a simple design, (The Marey 5L) and tried to trick it out too much. That's just my opinion though, because I have 2 Marey's, one in each flower room, and they just continue to do their thing day after day with no problems.

...and last I heard, hydro innovations sourced it from AN- who in turn, sourced it from the maker of the tankless heater you mentioned. Ah, branding, supply chains and the confusing webs they weave!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

...and last I heard, hydro innovations sourced it from AN- who in turn, sourced it from the maker of the tankless heater you mentioned. Ah, branding, supply chains and the confusing webs they weave!

HI had this product out well before AN got in on it....AN stole a bunch of HI's idea's......but I could be wrong about the Hydrogen Pro.

ttystikk

ttystikk

HI had this product out well before AN got in on it....AN stole a bunch of HI's idea's......but I could be wrong about the Hydrogen Pro.

I'm no authority, either. Did you ever figure out a good brand to use?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I've been rocking the Marey 5L units for quite a while with ZERO issues. You can find them on ebay for pretty cheap sometimes.

Are they straightforward to convert back and forth from propane to natural gas? The ability to handle both fuels would be important to me.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Are they straightforward to convert back and forth from propane to natural gas? The ability to handle both fuels would be important to me.

I'm not sure if Marey offers that option. It's the same unit, so if Hydro Innovations offers a conversion package I am sure they would be compatible. That is an assumption though.

Top Bottom