Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I appreciate that
Your welcome.. it's hard trusting someone new so I wanted to ease their mind since most newbies get bombarded with recommendations and advice, some of which usually contradicts others advice and leaves them even further confused...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not confused pick stuff up fast !
I just mean that with all the info it can get confusing. Just when you think you know what your doing,, Bam! Reality check lol... But its fun tho!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not confused pick stuff up fast !
And im glad that you are getting it. Its not that hard.. Its not like your wanting me to teach you fractual distillation and the manufacture of mdma, red phos, or lsd-25 which is the icing on the cake if you could get the precursors :)

Use to be a site, only some of us ole timers remember,,, their motto was.
"Where the bees make honey"
It was shut down by the feds when 4 teenage high school boys made mdma, and video taped it. When asked where they got the equipment and info, the boys told them about the site, called..
The hive...
Swim learned a lot on that site.. You can still see a mirror of the archives at
https://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/
Be careful sometimes knowledge can be deadly...................

FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

I went 10g per gal bc the pants started to fade away that dark green color and for some reason I thought they were just hungry for more so I started pushing them till I notice burnt tips and they never did appear, but now I know why, too much light intensity, I'm was using de ggavitas @1100 watts with 8 ft ceilings.. Rookie mistake lol But they still look good 4 week veg and trichomes started to show

Wisher619

Wisher619

I went 10g per gal bc the pants started to fade away that dark green color and for some reason I thought they were just hungry for more so I started pushing them till I notice burnt tips and they never did appear, but now I know why, too much light intensity, I'm was using de ggavitas @1100 watts with 8 ft ceilings.. Rookie mistake lol But they still look good 4 week veg and trichomes started to show
why is using gavitas with 8ft ceilings a rookie mistake?
seems perfectly fine to me
the only thing that matters is the distance between the light and the top of the canopy

with 8ft ceilings I would suggest run the light all the way up to the ceiling....even recess them if you can
then veg your plants for 2 weeks and flip to flower
those gavitas are literally like the sun

justiceman

justiceman

Good stuff so far. This Deadhead OG has been getting the Soft/RO formula with +Life in 100% coco from a Botanicare coco brick. Can't wait to test it in flower.
Deadhead OG3

The supports on the nodes are bulging. Looks like they want to pop:D
Deadhead OG4

Last edited:
FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

why is using gavitas with 8ft ceilings a rookie mistake?
seems perfectly fine to me
the only thing that matters is the distance between the light and the top of the canopy

with 8ft ceilings I would suggest run the light all the way up to the ceiling....even recess them if you can
then veg your plants for 2 weeks and flip to flower
those gavitas are literally like the sun
2 weeks? Wow that's fast, by what day do you start hitting them with multiple feeds?

D

duckbudz

Super noob grower here. My friend turned me onto HR and sent me a sample pack. I'm doing a lot of research but it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes. At think point I think I'll learn the most from trial an error.
But I do have one question, The one other grow I've done I would brew a compost tea and put molasses in it for the microbes to feed off. I have +life, should I be putting molasses or some kind of sugar for them to feed off like I did for the compost tea? Would you still brew a tea or is the +life essentially a replacement for it? Thanks in advance. I'm stoked to see the results here in a few months.

justiceman

justiceman

@duckbudz No need to brew it or anything like that. Just follow the directions. Make sure it mixes up evenly and water away! All I've been using is Coco Coir, Veg+Bloom and +life. It will get you some fine roots. Just transplanted today so I have some pictures.

DeadHead OG
Dead Head OG7 Weeks in a fucking solo

Chocolate Hashberry
Transplanting Chocolate hashberrys to 2gal from solo

Wisher619

Wisher619

Super noob grower here. My friend turned me onto HR and sent me a sample pack. I'm doing a lot of research but it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes. At think point I think I'll learn the most from trial an error.
But I do have one question, The one other grow I've done I would brew a compost tea and put molasses in it for the microbes to feed off. I have +life, should I be putting molasses or some kind of sugar for them to feed off like I did for the compost tea? Would you still brew a tea or is the +life essentially a replacement for it? Thanks in advance. I'm stoked to see the results here in a few months.
just follow the feed instructions
no molasses or brewing
mix in the res well and feed

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

Has anyone had to add cal/mag while using v/b soft with R/O? According to HR it is not needed.

FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

Week 5 on this Gg#4 from midnight clones sure did a lot of stretching, it's about 1foot and a half from these de bulbs
Everything was all good and gravy till la decided to get a whole week of rain and spiked up the humidity in my room and got powder mildew -.- wondering if I can still fix this problem or is it to late ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom