Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

@DenBloom i'd for sure do a flush, when I was using the HD, even with added calmag, I was seeing lockout manifesting as deficiencies and when I checked my runoff it was pushing 2.8ec+, far too hot for my system.

I'd be interested in what your runoff looks like when you check it.

DenBloom

DenBloom

Hey guys, checked runoff and whoa! 1700 ppm! (700scale) (Trying to switch to using EC but still have a better frame of reference with PPM), and 5.9 ph. I mixed a weak nutrient solution, cal Mage and VEG+BLOOM at relatively low rates, came to 500 ppm. Flushed this morning. Hope for the best!

DenBloom

DenBloom

Ok so I had to go out of town last week, had an experienced person watching over, flushed them before I left with a low ppm (600) nutrient solution comprised of veg bloom and cal mag, then I bumped it up to about 800 and that's what they got while I was gone. They do look better, and I had all of my transplants pop roots in their cubes with great looking roots. The weird thing is the problem plants have now developed great looking roots, white fuzzy etc, but the appearance of the plant itself is still lacking in health.

Natural

Natural

Ok so I had to go out of town last week, had an experienced person watching over, flushed them before I left with a low ppm (600) nutrient solution comprised of veg bloom and cal mag, then I bumped it up to about 800 and that's what they got while I was gone. They do look better, and I had all of my transplants pop roots in their cubes with great looking roots. The weird thing is the problem plants have now developed great looking roots, white fuzzy etc, but the appearance of the plant itself is still lacking in health.
The sad part of getting locked out to the point of purple stems and off-green leaves, means a long time for recovery if at all.
Some plants are vigorous enough to grow out of it eventually once corrected..some will not. If you gain recovery it could take weeks and your plants will be over-vegged. If you're in flower already, you basically got what you got..a crop that looks so-so.
Sometimes stressed out plants can produce a potent frosty product..but the formation and harvest weight will be affected.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

You definitely have to keep an eye on ec run off with VB if you do a lon veg. I start at 2g a gallon and up it .25g a week. Peaking at week 4 @6g a gallon. I don't use any cal-mag and use RO/soft. I do apply ACT once a week as well. 8 week veg and hitting 2.5+ per 1000w DE. I was running new millennium before and i haven't seen much difference other than more $$ in my wallet

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

Hit them with a good compost tea. Ogbiowar recipe for me. Should help them Bounce back. I would be careful over loading the calming as well. Really shouldn't need it

DenBloom

DenBloom

Yeah, their stress goes back, basically I took these off of somebody's hands with a half built grow room, but it was either that or let them die. Fortunately, I have one table of older aged plants (the ones that are locked out) and three tables of young girls I just transplanted that look decent with nice root growth. as I said everything has been getting ~850 ppm over the last week, just checked rub off and it's down by almost half, 850 from almost 1600. PH of runoff is 6.4, I know a little high.

FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

The sad part of getting locked out to the point of purple stems and off-green leaves, means a long time for recovery if at all.
Some plants are vigorous enough to grow out of it eventually once corrected..some will not. If you gain recovery it could take weeks and your plants will be over-vegged. If you're in flower already, you basically got what you got..a crop that looks so-so.
Sometimes stressed out plants can produce a potent frosty product..but the formation and harvest weight will be affected.
Exactly what I got, very sugary buds but the weight just wasn't their

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

For those of you growing in peat, I'm curious as to what your feed schedule is. Do you guys feed every time you water? Or is it something like Feed, Feed, Water, Feed, Feed, Water etc. I know most of ya'll are in hydro, but @Natural and any other peat growers out there?

Natural

Natural

In flower I feed pretty much every time..water only or tea once per week. Slowly increasing from flip onward. Cut my water-only feeds at the end down to one week vs 2 as well. I grow in 5 gallons and 4-6 foot tall plants.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Thanks for the info man. Do you water to run off? I usually do, but I'm used to growing in super soil and I usually just water or tea like 2-3 times a week. So I'm wondering with this fertilizer do you feed pretty often? I always let my medium get nice and dry before watering, but I've never grown in just straight peat.

DenBloom

DenBloom

I'm thinking about going with what @Greeneye04 said and hitting them with an OGBiowar tea recipe, might have to hand feed it though, don't want to gunk up my drip lines and drippers

DenBloom

DenBloom

Based on what I've read it it supposed to reset PH and break down any salts stored in the medium

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I'm thinking about going with what @Greeneye04 said and hitting them with an OGBiowar tea recipe, might have to hand feed it though, don't want to gunk up my drip lines and drippers
I crown feed my tea as well. I don't put any organics in the auto feed

stonestacker

stonestacker

I strain my tea drop my pump in the tea and pump it. Works well for me but I run small pond pumps.

Natural

Natural

Thanks for the info man. Do you water to run off? I usually do, but I'm used to growing in super soil and I usually just water or tea like 2-3 times a week. So I'm wondering with this fertilizer do you feed pretty often? I always let my medium get nice and dry before watering, but I've never grown in just straight peat.
Granted veg is super tricky with amounts and getting the right results..but in flower this line is very forgiving. You can feed heavy in peat even with no run-off..and no breaks with water only.

DenBloom

DenBloom

Interesting how it's killer in flower and sensitive in veg, going to hit them with another flush as it seemed to help last time . Still showing strong roots though.

Natural

Natural

Interesting how it's killer in flower and sensitive in veg, going to hit them with another flush as it seemed to help last time . Still showing strong roots though.
sure is..like a strong salt in veg and a thin bodied organic in flower..lol

Top Bottom