Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I'm thinking about going with what @Greeneye04 said and hitting them with an OGBiowar tea recipe, might have to hand feed it though, don't want to gunk up my drip lines and drippers
Once a week I give my girls a weak nutrient solution and Og Biowar tea. I run a leader 40 pump with octabubblers and fanjets. Just run a bit of plain water through after and things won't gunk up.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

For those of you using Push...does it matter if you foliar feed on the same day as feeding? I burned the ladies by foliar feeding them with push when they were too young (3 nodes) and now I'm a bit shy about using it again.

Timmyahcomeon

Timmyahcomeon

All on vb hd in coco/perlite
20160825 184411
20160827 170158
20160808 183312

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

For those of you using Push...does it matter if you foliar feed on the same day as feeding? I burned the ladies by foliar feeding them with push when they were too young (3 nodes) and now I'm a bit shy about using it again.
Sounds like they were just a bit too young. I usually wait until my girls are on full strength nutes before I start any foliar regimen.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

What did you mix Push at? 50 ml per gallon is what i have been using and no burns yet.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

What did you mix Push at? 50 ml per gallon is what i have been using and no burns yet.

Yea it was 50ml/gallon. But, I'm guessing they were just too young. And they seem to be light feeders...they're about a month from seed and don't like anything over 3g/gallon yet.

DenBloom

DenBloom

Hitting the store to grab some things, possibly going to see what they recommend as a simple veg 1 part, think I am going to switch back into VB during flower, based on what somebody said on here ( hard in veg great in flower)

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Hitting the store to grab some things, possibly going to see what they recommend as a simple veg 1 part, think I am going to switch back into VB during flower, based on what somebody said on here ( hard in veg great in flower)
The tap formulation has a bit more Nitrogen in it, and some people prefer to use it in Veg and then switch to HD in flower. I run HD in either and seem to have no issues.

DenBloom

DenBloom

Awesome, need to order more so maybe I'll try the tap formula. I talked to VB over the phone and gave them the specifics of my tap water (.3 EC) he said to go with RO soft, even though there are 2 different formulas, all of which cover tap water of .3 EC.

DenBloom

DenBloom

Hitting them with Vegan Special Sauce Mocrobia Tea. Friend of mine suggested it instead of spending almost 275 bucks to mix a little bit of the biowar recipe. Foliaring now and top feeding later. Hope for the best!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Hitting them with Vegan Special Sauce Mocrobia Tea. Friend of mine suggested it instead of spending almost 275 bucks to mix a little bit of the biowar recipe. Foliaring now and top feeding later. Hope for the best!
275???? How on earth do you come up with that number? You realize that there is a coupon code for people here at the farm right?

The code is: farmer

That will get ya a good discount.

DenBloom

DenBloom

Local grow shop had the foliar pack and other pack marked at like 89 bucks each. Plus molasses and a bag of earthworm castings @CelticEBE

DenBloom

DenBloom

Anyways, hit them with a tea last night and now they might even look worse than they did before

DenBloom

DenBloom

I've been doing this for years with so many successful crops and never an issue like this that I couldn't solve. Thinking about scrapping the whole round.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I ran the HD for a round and was stoked on the yield and overall quality. Had some uptake/lockout issues early on that shut my stretch down with a quickness. I'll attribute that to poorly arranged lighting and some irrigation mismanagement on my part. I'm about to order some more but I wanted to crunch the numbers on it first, and compare it to the jacks formula (with which which I haven't encountered lockout)
Here's what the elemental ppms are for the HD @ 6g/gal:

And here they are for the jacks (@321):

Very, very similar. Only significant difference is the vb has a more reasonable amount of k and 36ppm less mag.

The hr rep suggested adding in 0.2ec cal mag to compensate for my soft (0.1ec) tap water. But that adds an unnecessary amount of N, IMO. But check it out, if I add 1.2g/gal of Epsom salt to the 6g/gal HD I end up with this:

This should theoretically work, I'm thinking, it'll change the ca:mg ratio from 4:1 to just under 2:1. Seems important since I'm running coco.

What do ya'll think about this?

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

I prefer, and use Epsom Salt to bring my starting water EC to 0.3 compared to using Cal Mag.
Is there any benefit to epsom salt to bring up the starting EC of the RO? I have been just cutting the RO with carbon filtered tap, I get around 140-180 ppms (500) and bring my water to 0.2 EC by adding 'x' gallons to each res.

Latest posts

Top Bottom