Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Terps

The Terps

I've been using it the past 4 grows it's extremely versatile. It's pretty much your regular coco "beefed up" with light organic amendments to what most would refer to as a starter or seedling mix. And ves like you said good drainage better than regular coco perlite mix. Biggest selling point however is as usual the price I get for about 10.50$ a bag which is also 2cuft
Ps I wouldn't say it's groundbreaking or game changing but it's a decent product at a great price. I have no plans of changing to anything new anytime soon either.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

The Terps is spot on. I used to mix my own blend of Canna, EWC, and Perlite, but the TUPUR is all done up and ready to go, and very cost effective. Not to mention they are about 80 miles from me and I like to spend my money on local stuff.

I've only ever bought brick Coco once, washing it to bring the EC down was NOT something I enjoyed. If I don't have to waste water.....I don't.

FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

That's what I used on my last round (tupur) I'm new to coco so had issues dailing it in but I still got great results just the weight wasn't their, maybe bc I fed once a day+feed feed flush, but heard ppl feeing multiple times a day and when they flushed it was only 20% nute I did straight phed water, would any like to share their feeding schedule for coco? And how much runoff should I get

The Terps

The Terps

So ppl don't normally grasp the concept of flushing. Plants like consistency so when they go 1000ppm to 100 ppm the plant expecting a lot on his plate goes searching for more h20 to gain said normal diet.in doing so the plants sorry I forget but cell tissue or something ruptures. So with all inert medium consistency is key. I'm not saying 1000ppm every feed every stage I'm saying feed every time no more or less 200ppm of your last feed.

We want to use a final flush to move the last of the plants sugars from the leaf into the bud. The stem and leaves hold sugars the plant uses as food we call them Brix levels when and when a plant is starved food source say in the root zone it will make up for it by bringing sugars from other areas of the plant. So that is a brief explanation of flushing.

Oh I guess I got side tracked when ppl say flushed they normally are trying to avoid or fix a salt build up problem. Put a small drop of your fertilizer on the ground it will crystallize once it's dried right? Looks like salt? we know h2o Evapaporates but we get left with original salt. So to fix your problem don't let your medium dry completely out if it does we get that darn salt build up (not because we feed X amount)flush it out with regular ppm feed water till you achieve run off the h20 dilutes the salts the gravity removes the rest. Sorry for rambling

FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

So ppl don't normally grasp the concept of flushing. Plants like consistency so when they go 1000ppm to 100 ppm the plant expecting a lot on his plate goes searching for more h20 to gain said normal diet.in doing so the plants sorry I forget but cell tissue or something ruptures. So with all inert medium consistency is key. I'm not saying 1000ppm every feed every stage I'm saying feed every time no more or less 200ppm of your last feed.

We want to use a final flush to move the last of the plants sugars from the leaf into the bud. The stem and leaves hold sugars the plant uses as food we call them Brix levels when and when a plant is starved food source say in the root zone it will make up for it by bringing sugars from other areas of the plant. So that is a brief explanation of flushing.

Oh I guess I got side tracked when ppl say flushed they normally are trying to avoid or fix a salt build up problem. Put a small drop of your fertilizer on the ground it will crystallize once it's dried right? Looks like salt? we know h2o Evapaporates but we get left with original salt. So to fix your problem don't let your medium dry completely out if it does we get that darn salt build up (not because we feed X amount)flush it out with regular ppm feed water till you achieve run off the h20 dilutes the salts the gravity removes the rest. Sorry for rambling
Thanks for the info, makes a lot of sense... I wish I knew this before... I thought I had a salt build up bc of this thing I got on some stems, till this day I still don't know what caused this, wasn't bugs that's fersure, it was salty when I broke it up

ill eagle

ill eagle

We have a bug around here called spittle bug, it looks like that

FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

Dam that sucks I even did preventative measures to avoid bugs by using avid in first weeks of veg and mighty wash fist week in flower... What works best for you to avoid bugs from occurring Ill?

The Terps

The Terps

I have no faith in azamax I recommend Monterey 70 or triac 70 hydrophobic neem oil works great! I always had mites now I spray that every 5 days with push and no bugs since and I've tried everything with little success even the poisons you speak of which just pushes the problem of to another date and ruins the product. Seriously all give one of those a shot cheap and effective.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Never had to deal with spittlebugs, but I recently slayed the hell out of some spider mites with Trifecta at a project site. I was blown away. Organic.....and half the cost of Green Clean.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Stuff smells like you just cooked Italian after you spray it! :D

There's something about how they process the oils, it dissolves in the water like nothing I have ever used on the Organic side. Super effective!

So it doesn't clog the stomata like neem and other oil-based sprays?

NE Gardens

NE Gardens

Can you explain this a bit? I have heard that it's good to rinse the leaves of your plants after applying neem or oil based sprays, and was speculating that it was because they block some transpiration. Is this what's going on ?

ill eagle

ill eagle

Don't think you need to rinse unless you are about to chop and you don't want to spray that close to harvest so ?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Can you explain this a bit? I have heard that it's good to rinse the leaves of your plants after applying neem or oil based sprays, and was speculating that it was because they block some transpiration. Is this what's going on ?

It's how they break down the oils.

Check out what they have to say...

Top Bottom