SHINE 2g per gal
LIFE .2g per gal
CAL MAG 3 ml per gal
That's about 800 poms
Day 42
SHINE 1g per gal
Day 49
Water

That's an 8 week schedule.for 10 weekers I extend the 1-34 feed until day 48.
What to expect ? Alot of stretch the 1st 2 weeks,huge roots,and the need for almost daily feedings.The later flower thing would be how explosive that shine is when the base it cut.
That’s a whole lot more calmag than what they recommend. Is that botanicare calmag or Cali magic? Cali is twice the potency. I suspected it was too low in N for veg early flower, the additional N from the calmag would help address that. Coco is naturally high in potassium, the drier it gets the higher available potassium becomes in relation to cal and mag (among other things). If you’re watering frequently it becomes less of an issue but in larger containers that take a couple days to dry your plants could be spending days in a high K low Ca/Mg rootzone environment causing deficiencies. Idk that’s my guess. My plants look like absolute trash. The identical room next to it on my usual nutes looks mint. The previous crop in this room turned out great. I can understand a little learning curve onnew nutes that’s to be expected but these aren’t slightly underfed looking. They are brutal. Believe me I want this to work as I bought big containers of this food expecting great things and obviously it can work JBs crush it w this stuff- IN WOOL fed frequently. But at this point I’ve lost a lot of medicine, a canopy that normally goes from 30% full to 100% in the first 3 weeks is at 45-50% full in the first two weeks. It’s sad. I’m sad lol

P

PharmHand

My reg food I feed at 650-800ppm early flower yet these nutes require 1250 to be successful? Wtf. Why is it so weak? Is nothing chelated? Cost savings go way down when you’re feed twice the strength

3 balls

3 balls

I switched just recently from H&G and am loving the results. Botanicare for me. Coco in 3 gal fabric, watering every other day. This thread is really dead. Thunderfudge and others gave me some good pointers on my thread Veg+Bloom switch, what should I expect?

P

PharmHand

I switched just recently from H&G and am loving the results. Botanicare for me. Coco in 3 gal fabric, watering every other day. This thread is really dead. Thunderfudge and others gave me some good pointers on my thread Veg+Bloom switch, what should I expect?
Well I appreciate your help brotha. I’m gonna switch back to my old nutes, maybe keep one or two plants on this stuff idk. Not worth the loss fuckin around for me. Too much medicine lost already

P

PharmHand

What ec were ya feeding at w H&G bro? What u setting ph at? A friend who had marginal success w vb years ago said even when his plants appeared healthy they still had purple stems. Are yours purple? Thanks again

3 balls

3 balls

I never measured ppm with H&G, I just followed their chart precisely. I bought a pen when I switched but I don't use it, I just follow that recipe. Ph 5.8-6.0. No purple stems here. I hope you give it another shot. V&B directions are pretty vague so it sounds like I was really lucky to get that recipe right from the start. Everything here is looking awesome and I'm saving a ton of money.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

My plants are always nice and green at 6 grams a gallon. Maybe use the HD instead? Positive you don't have bugs and or ph is out of whack? My ppm in 1 gallons is around 900-950. When I'm in my 5 or 7 gallons I max out around 1350 ppms sometimes lower strain dependent.

P

PharmHand

My plants are always nice and green at 6 grams a gallon. Maybe use the HD instead? Positive you don't have bugs and or ph is out of whack? My ppm in 1 gallons is around 900-950. When I'm in my 5 or 7 gallons I max out around 1350 ppms sometimes lower strain dependent.
I’ve got a couple different calibrated ph meters and I’ll use ph paper to confirm. No bugs and the roots look great, I’m in grow bags so I can pull the bag down and the root growth is actually really good- gleaming white and no RAs or pythium.
My plants tend to grow really quickly in early flower tripling or more in size. I veg for about six weeks in 2 gal coco ,once they hit the flower room they explode in growth. I honestly think I was just WAY under feeding for this food. Those kind of ppm numbers are just far higher than what I’d ever even consider feeding w my normal nutes. Freshly transplanted into coco I’ll feed about 850ppm 1.7ec which is the highest I’ll ever feed. I find new coco binds up nutes ,I’ll put in 850 and my runoff will come out at 600 or less. It usually takes 3-4 feeds w heavy runoff to get it to equalize. The runoff w the vb was coming out at 6.1ph 950ppm at day 12 flower which I figured was pretty good- no red flags there. It just seems so odd to me that I would require so much higher of a ppm w vb? My other food is highly chelated w humic/fulvic/aminos. I wonder maybe the dry salt formula of vb isn’t able to be chelated leading to the need for higher ppms? Or the high K/cal ratios jacking ppms? Just weird idk.
Ive found in the past it’s kind of a runaway train effect if adequate nutrients aren’t provided in early bloom when being pushed hard to produce. It’s nearly impossible to catch back up if nutes aren’t given when needed early flower from my experience. It was kinda dumb of me to do a whole room w new nutes I should have tested on a few plants to start
DE8904FA F526 4E66 B31B 1901BD08DE69
this is one of the better plants a lower feeder

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Yeah those look extremely hungry. Maybe lower ph slightly being in coco? I stay 6.5 in soil. I have grows that are in Kings Mix and I'm lower with the ph In that media. Stay with it bro this stuff work well when u get dialed in. When I did have any issues it was always a simple ph. Maybe invest in a nice ph meter from Bluelabs

P

PharmHand

Yeah those look extremely hungry. Maybe lower ph slightly being in coco? I stay 6.5 in soil. I have grows that are in Kings Mix and I'm lower with the ph In that media. Stay with it bro this stuff work well when u get dialed in. When I did have any issues it was always a simple ph. Maybe invest in a nice ph meter from Bluelabs
Heys thanks dude. For coco I normally go ph6-6.2 to encourage Ca uptake. I have some peat in the mix ( 20-30%) too in there and 6-6.2 seems to work w my reg ferts,but maybe not VB?? I got a blue lab ph pen and I use grow boss tri meters in the rezes. I find them to last the longest/ stay most accurate. I replace the ph probe on them every few runs- they’re under 50$ and ph is really important imo. I store the probes in KCl solution, calibrate every month ish..... I don’t mess around when it comes to PH. I’ll still check it w paper now n again to make sure it’s legit and in low ppm water the paper kicks ass on the meters giving you a reading in seconds where the probes take a bit in pure water
I switched back to my reg feed regimen and honestly they’ve already perked up a bit. I’ll run vb again on a few as a test but I don’t get to see these too much and they’re hurtin I don’t wanna mess around

K

Kot

I’ve got a couple different calibrated ph meters and I’ll use ph paper to confirm. No bugs and the roots look great, I’m in grow bags so I can pull the bag down and the root growth is actually really good- gleaming white and no RAs or pythium.
My plants tend to grow really quickly in early flower tripling or more in size. I veg for about six weeks in 2 gal coco ,once they hit the flower room they explode in growth. I honestly think I was just WAY under feeding for this food. Those kind of ppm numbers are just far higher than what I’d ever even consider feeding w my normal nutes. Freshly transplanted into coco I’ll feed about 850ppm 1.7ec which is the highest I’ll ever feed. I find new coco binds up nutes ,I’ll put in 850 and my runoff will come out at 600 or less. It usually takes 3-4 feeds w heavy runoff to get it to equalize. The runoff w the vb was coming out at 6.1ph 950ppm at day 12 flower which I figured was pretty good- no red flags there. It just seems so odd to me that I would require so much higher of a ppm w vb? My other food is highly chelated w humic/fulvic/aminos. I wonder maybe the dry salt formula of vb isn’t able to be chelated leading to the need for higher ppms? Or the high K/cal ratios jacking ppms? Just weird idk.
Ive found in the past it’s kind of a runaway train effect if adequate nutrients aren’t provided in early bloom when being pushed hard to produce. It’s nearly impossible to catch back up if nutes aren’t given when needed early flower from my experience. It was kinda dumb of me to do a whole room w new nutes I should have tested on a few plants to startView attachment 852816 this is one of the better plants a lower feeder
That is very weird. So what is your PH? I use raw salts and my highest PPM was 300. I went to 400 for a few days and the edges of the leaves started burning. No chelated nutrients. It is very debatable if humic acid really chelates nutrients. I switched mine at day 21 from seed so they have a lot less leaves and mass than yours I guess but still.

P

PharmHand

That is very weird. So what is your PH? I use raw salts and my highest PPM was 300. I went to 400 for a few days and the edges of the leaves started burning. No chelated nutrients. It is very debatable if humic acid really chelates nutrients. I switched mine at day 21 from seed so they have a lot less leaves and mass than yours I guess but still.
Humic, fulvic ,amino, eddha, edta, adhd or something idk they claim it’s chelated yada yada. I get it reasonably cheap and it works at much lower ppms for me. I want vb to work and know it can I’d sooner give my money to them, hopefully save some. Guess I gotta just hit em hard from the gate 6g/gal plus 8ml/gal botanicare cal. I’m tryin to get a plant from clone to this in 15w. Massive nute deficiencies and it won’t happen .....ph 6-6.2
36173707 3777 46FC 9D9E B92648C3A27D

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

You and I are on the same exact setup. Sorry Ive been gone a long time but am back again.

Im supplementing with Nectar 4 the Gods 1x a week too. Helps break down the salts.

A

aquashield

Any info on which nitrogen %’s they use in this powder? Nitrate nitrogen, urea nitrate or ammonium nitrate.

James9018

James9018

So I started using veg bloom ro soft and I’m having issues.

It looks like my leaf tips are getting burned from too much nutes but at the same time showing calcium/mag def... I lowered my ppm right down and started watching the nutes even with only 80ppm (x500) of nutes the nutes aren’t going down over night showing plants are using the nutes...

Ph is perfect stable at 5.9-6 though

anyone got any input? I’m doing recirc dwc

YooperDank

YooperDank

Question for you guys from the Upper Peninsula.

1000 HPS, 7 gallon pots with OF. RO to .2ec with Calmag..Dirty, Shine and Life. 3rd week of Flower. Par 700 to 1000. Ph 6.3.

What are your thoughts for PPM?

Gazoo31

Gazoo31

I’m experiencing all the same issues everyone else complains of in this thread: pale, underfed looking plants with purple stems. Plants started out looking mint coming from vegging w a different nute line. VB from day one of flower 5g/gal ro soft, mixed exactly how they recommend bring start water to 120 ppm w calmag mixing w a pump for 15min etc etc. I tried upping food to 5.5g/gal then 6 and am seeing zero improvement. I’ve been at this growing thing awhile and like to think I know how to read plants and adjust accordingly but honestly this nute line seems to be not suitable for larger containers of coco in a dialed environment that encourages maximum growth. Like previous posters have mentioned the high levels of potassium seem to be locking out first mag then eventually everything else. So incredibly disappointed...... I should have looked into the earlier posts of people having success w it..... They all had vented rooms w no co2 supplementation and weren’t hitting great numbers. Ok but not great. I absolutely do not recommend this nute line for coco. Weak. So pissed

This has been my experience as well. I cannot for the life of me dial this shit in im getting so pissed off. Going back to either megacrop or floranova bloom. Probably the FNB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom