Hydroton sterilization

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sk2004

Can I use dydro to sterilize the rockwool plugs in my organic soil garden?

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

so is 250ml of bleach good for 50 gallons of water to sterilize a Recirc system?

L

LittleAmsterdam

I leave them in the tray and soak both in HOT Water and H2O2. After the water cools I get my hand in there and give it a swirl. This helps to break loose any roots and clean the tray too. I drain and rinse until it drains clear water.

W

wolftickets500

i soak mine in bleach for a day then.hot water with a shitload of h2o2. has worked well for me

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
made a frame of 2x4's with the bottom small hole chicken wire, wash the roots off. Then into the rubber maid bins and fresh water. I use 50% h2o2 about 10 ml per liter, and stir about every couple hours, bubbles like crazy. after 24 hours they are rinsed out and dried on the same frame they were washed on. about 45 minutes of labor for 20 gallons of hydroton and 2 days of soaking and drying. I've run the same hydroton for almost 15 cycles, no problem. the byproduct of h2o2 is water and o2, so no residue probs like bleach.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
save the earth too:D forgot to mention, always keep air flow over the hydroton when drying on the rack, and when they are dry, just bounce them up and down over the mesh to get the clay dust off. The dust shows up every wash, and to do this keeps it from getting in the rez when you plant. Also, when I plant, I go ahead and flush with plain water to get the remainder of the dust out of the pot. Seems like a lot, but it isn't.

J

Jalisco Kid

Naccosan from grow more, or physan if you can not get that. 17% peroxide if money is not an issue.

Top Bottom