Hygrow Lighting Solutions-affordable quantum LEDs

• Thread starter HygrowLightingSolutions
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HygrowLightingSolutions

HygrowLightingSolutions

Hello we are new to the forums here so we would like to introduce ourselves! We are a family owned business who have been building affordable quantum LED lights for our customers for over 2 years now. After my wife's tragic diagnosis with stage 4 colon cancer I wanted to find a way for others facing the same battle to be able to grow the medicine they need without having to pay an arm and a leg for it. That's why I am passionate about these lights and stand behind our product 100%. We build to order each light right here in NC, USA with parts sourced from Samsung, Future Electronics, Mean Well, and USA Heatsink. We do not skip on quality to save a buck with inferior knock-off LED's or parts and we strive to help each customer with setup and even grow advice. We offer many different models ranging from 250w up to 600w and each light is powered by Mean Well's most efficient HLG-AB models which actually draw 5-10% more wattage from the wall. Through trial and error we discovered that the ELG and XLG drivers that our big competitors use just dont match the performance of the HLG model. We also only use Samsung's latest LM301H diodes 3-4k and Cree 660nm 730nm which provides a perfect full spectrum for your plants no matter what stage of growth from seedling to final stages of flower. You can find our products and check out our user reviews on Ebay, Facebook, and Etsy. We will try to go above and beyond our competition and offer much lower prices along with one on one customer service to help you create your perfect grows! We have attached some photos of our customers beautiful grows using our lights. Enjoy and happy growing! -Lee and Lilly

Hygrow lighting solutions affordable quantum leds
Hygrow lighting solutions affordable quantum leds 2
Alaskan pruple 3
Alaskan purple 2
Alaskan purple1
Big buds
Client a
Client c
Fb plant 1
Hygrow lighting solutions affordable quantum leds 10
Hygrow lighting solutions affordable quantum leds 11
Moby dick xxl auto 1
Moby dick xxl auto 2
Moby dick xxl auto 4
Purple diol
Strawberry shortcake 5
Thumbs up 2
Hygrow lighting solutions affordable quantum leds 18
Last edited by a moderator:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome to the farm.

*edited
Where do you source your parts from exactly? Your boards look like the $160 board I bought from alibaba. Same HLG model driver for the fraction of the cost. Just curious.

HygrowLightingSolutions

HygrowLightingSolutions

Welcome to the farm.

*edited
Where do you source your parts from exactly? Your boards look like the $160 board I bought from alibaba. Same HLG model driver for the fraction of the cost. Just curious.
Ty for the welcome! If you purchased from Alibaba it could very well be knock-off parts or diodes. So it was 160+ shipping? How much was the shipping to the US? Our sourced parts are listed in the original post " We build to order each light right here in NC, USA with parts sourced from Samsung, Future Electronics, Mean Well, and USA Heatsink." We also never disclosed the cost. So how much was your $160 board in total including the shipping to the US? Im willing to bet we can match or beat that price!

Last edited by a moderator:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Ty for the welcome! If you purchased from Alibaba it could very well be knock-off parts or diodes. So it was 160+ shipping? How much was the shipping to the US? Our sourced parts are listed in the original post " We build to order each light right here in NC, USA with parts sourced from Samsung, Future Electronics, Mean Well, and USA Heatsink." We also never disclosed the cost. So how much was your $160 board in total including the shipping to the US? Im willing to bet we can match or beat that price!
I looked on your Facebook page. $189 shipped to my door. My board has everything you stated above and a dimmer. Understanding you build here in USA but your parts are sourced probably from the same place my boards are. I am in no need of a board, just trying to understand how or why your product is any different from those other boards other than being manufactured in USA.

HygrowLightingSolutions

HygrowLightingSolutions

I looked on your Facebook page. $189 shipped to my door. My board has everything you stated above and a dimmer. Understanding you build here in USA but your parts are sourced probably from the same place my boards are. I am in no need of a board, just trying to understand how or why your product is any different from those other boards other than being manufactured in USA.
For starters we offer a 3 year warranty on the drivers and a 1 year warranty on the LED's. Im sure no company on Alibaba is confident enough with their product to offer that to a US customer. $189 shipped to your door sounds pretty cheap yes sir but for 20 bucks more we can have it on your doorstep a few days after your order and not weeks later WITH that warranty and any one on one advice we can offer.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
For starters we offer a 3 year warranty on the drivers and a 1 year warranty on the LED's. Im sure no company on Alibaba is confident enough with their product to offer that to a US customer. $189 shipped to your door sounds pretty cheap yes sir but for 20 bucks more we can have it on your doorstep a few days after your order and not weeks later WITH that warranty and any one on one advice we can offer.
You still didn’t really answer my question but got it. For $189 the last thing I’m worried about is warranty. Not hard to swap a driver. Any who, I wish you the best of luck and again, welcome to the farm. I’m sure your boards are awesome and a budget option for us home growers and I appreciate that.
Burnz

Fuzz624

Fuzz624

I happen to own a hygrow light and a kingbrite. I can honestly say that I cant tell a difference in how they grow. Both do the job intended. The hygrow does have a much better heat sink and customer service is very good. He will answer any questions and super fast shipping. I like both lights but that's just my two cents worth. Good luck everyone.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I happen to own a hygrow light and a kingbrite. I can honestly say that I cant tell a difference in how they grow. Both do the job intended. The hygrow does have a much better heat sink and customer service is very good. He will answer any questions and super fast shipping. I like both lights but that's just my two cents worth. Good luck everyone.
Awesome feedback. 👍🏻

HygrowLightingSolutions

HygrowLightingSolutions

Ty for the positive review! When comparing to kingbrite I see they use the Mean Well HLG-B series drivers. We use the HLG-AB which all have the IV/VO adjustments on top of the driver so you can really get the most out of the unit. When we first started building these we were using the XLG ,ELG, and HLG-B series which we discovered they didnt pull the wattage they were rated at from the wall. We switched to HLG-AB and the difference was quite significant so we have stuck with it. Compared to the other series the HLG-AB always pulls 5-12% more watts from the wall. For example the 240 XLG would often only pull 205-220 watts from the wall. Since switching to the HLG-AB I have yet to see one pull less than 285w from the wall and the majority of the time 300W+. We have attached a photo to verify. The Alibaba vendors may use legit Samsung diodes but I couldnt tell you for sure. I can only tell you we go an extra step in trying to build the most efficient quantum light for half the price of our big competitors based in the USA.

250 actual watts drawn
HygrowLightingSolutions

HygrowLightingSolutions

Over driven driver. Fire hazard.
We have never had one catch fire out of over 1 thousand sold. Thats another thing that makes this series superior to other drivers is its constant current mode.

"Our calculations would indicate that its current draw (2.7A = 225 mA x 12) will now exceed the power supply's rated current. This would typically be a big no-no for regular constant voltage power supplies. A higher quality product may go into overcurrent protection mode and cease operation, and a lower quality one may simply burn out and be permanently damaged, and in some cases become a fire or electrical shock hazard. Meanwell's HLG series, however, will continue to operate, but will enter constant current mode, with output current now being fixed at its rated current of 2.5A. "

HygrowLightingSolutions

HygrowLightingSolutions

Was thinking about this. Isnt the advantage to be able to run driver at about 80% and get the full 240 from the board?
Yes sir we actually suggest users keep the dimmer at 75-80% during flowering until the final few weeks before harvest and then 90-95% to pack on the weight and density.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Can I have a link to the website? Need coverage for a 4x4. Do these heat up like the SF 4000 might?

It shouldn’t heat up as much as the SF due to the better driver being used. I’ve got an HLG setup with the same driver that puts out very little heat. Drivers can also be remotely located outside the grow area to mitigate heat.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ty for the positive review! When comparing to kingbrite I see they use the Mean Well HLG-B series drivers. We use the HLG-AB which all have the IV/VO adjustments on top of the driver so you can really get the most out of the unit. When we first started building these we were using the XLG ,ELG, and HLG-B series which we discovered they didnt pull the wattage they were rated at from the wall. We switched to HLG-AB and the difference was quite significant so we have stuck with it. Compared to the other series the HLG-AB always pulls 5-12% more watts from the wall. For example the 240 XLG would often only pull 205-220 watts from the wall. Since switching to the HLG-AB I have yet to see one pull less than 285w from the wall and the majority of the time 300W+. We have attached a photo to verify. The Alibaba vendors may use legit Samsung diodes but I couldnt tell you for sure. I can only tell you we go an extra step in trying to build the most efficient quantum light for half the price of our big competitors based in the USA.
I personally never want to run 100% let alone over - for efficiency and longevity -

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

I've noticed this "difference" in the Meanwell specs versus what the voltmeter reads as well.

I ended up switching to a Inventronics driver which IMHO is a way better driver and usually can be had for less money.......on average around 20 bucks cheaper than a Meanwell driver......it has built in programming, superior current control and output. Leads in surge protection..... The list goes on.

If you wanna build a better light why not go with the better drivers??

If you look at the higher end power HLG light kits, they do not come with meanwell drivers.....I asked Steve at HLG a while back why this was......he commented that for higher power drivers, that Inventronics was the better choice.

What is your opinion/experience on this??

Welcome to the farm!

HygrowLightingSolutions

HygrowLightingSolutions

Can I have a link to the website? Need coverage for a 4x4. Do these heat up like the SF 4000 might?
Personally I have never used a SF 4000 so I cannot say for 100% sure but I do know ours put off very little if any heat because of the thickness of our heat sinks and quality drivers. You can find us on ebay, etsy, fb. Are we allowed to post links to other websites in these forums?

Top Bottom