I am interested in Changing Nutrients

• Thread starter Detroitgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have been using General Hydroponics nutrients, they are doing good. But, I was curious on changing nuts. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I continue using GH. I am growing in coco.
Go dry ferts and save yourself a ton of money. Jacks, mega crop and plenty of others out there that are proven.

I think my mega crop is like $0.03/gal to make and most of those 3 parts are like $0.40/gal. That a pretty big difference.

Colossus

Colossus

I r
I have been using General Hydroponics nutrients, they are doing good. But, I was curious on changing nuts. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I continue using GH. I am growing in coco.

I respect Aquas reply, but if you wanna change them around.

I use FloraMax A+B (they use 1 double pack for veg and bloom) so that saves you buying 2 sets of As and Bs.

The thing i loved most is the new pH buffering technology. With it, it allows me to use the additive range from Advanced Nutrients - used together they hold pH quite well without adjusting (7.0)

Testing first time and i can say my first 4 weeks (using FloraMax a+b and Tarantula Advanced Nute) was crazy, i look forward to seeing what the same bottles of A and B do in Bloom đź‘Ś

So to clarify
FloraMax A+B (used for veg and bloom)
Advanced Nutrients - tarantula, rhino skin, candybud.

These 2 brands pH buffer each other which involves less mucking about

Im also trying CYCOs Ryzofuel for weeks 1-2 bloom - but don't like CYCOs range too much.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I r

I respect Aquas reply, but if you wanna change them around.

I use FloraMax A+B (they use 1 double pack for veg and bloom) so that saves you buying 2 sets of As and Bs.

The thing i loved most is the new pH buffering technology. With it, it allows me to use the additive range from Advanced Nutrients - used together they hold pH quite well without adjusting (7.0)

Testing first time and i can say my first 4 weeks (using FloraMax a+b and Tarantula Advanced Nute) was crazy, i look forward to seeing what the same bottles of A and B do in Bloom đź‘Ś

So to clarify
FloraMax A+B (used for veg and bloom)
Advanced Nutrients - tarantula, rhino skin, candybud.

These 2 brands pH buffer each other which involves less mucking about

Im also trying CYCOs Ryzofuel for weeks 1-2 bloom - but don't like CYCOs range too much.
So you mix GH and AN ? I was thinking FOOP and AN myself..

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Go dry ferts and save yourself a ton of money. Jacks, mega crop and plenty of others out there that are proven.

I think my mega crop is like $0.03/gal to make and most of those 3 parts are like $0.40/gal. That a pretty big difference.
Can I use dry nutrients if I’m growing in soil?

airedog

airedog

Supporter
AN is definitely pricy, far from utter garbage, in my opinion, though. I've had some very good results with it and a few so-so. Results were dependent on my actions though, not the product.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Going dry is hopefully a "remedy" for burns on my hands from Dyna-Gro & Humbolt Oneness liquids I started with. And yes I wash my hands after application.

Colossus

Colossus

So you mix GH and AN ? I was thinking FOOP and AN myself..
FloraMax is an Australian own brand who incorporated new age pH buffering.

Listen to Aqua and disregard any advice about Advanced nubients that stuff is utter garbage. Why pay for water when you can add it yourself ?
Im not sure who GN is - buf im aware of other comments calling Advanced Nutrients water. I also heard they were pedo loving kids, but the product works, if you used it and had a bad experience id prefer you explain what you feel was the problem. Calling a product "water" when youre clearly offered ur money back within 30 days - how many times did u use that option?

I was successful with a nice grow in Europe (where i was first introduced) unfortunately AN have stopped shipping to Australia and we are out of product. This is my 2nd grow back in Aus but first time using Flora and AN (down under) and ultimately first time using them together

Ive never seen growth in the 4 weeks i witnessed.

Instead of pushing him from a potentially awesome (for his personal choice) encourage him to try it since they even offer a 30day money back ;)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can I use dry nutrients if I’m growing in soil?
Yeah and I suggest looking at this thread. It really is a great Ballin on a budget.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Mantis Buffered Nutrients if you're from Canada! It's a one part nutrient and kicks ass. Also, they just did a price drop!

30roll

30roll

What is the newer product where the guy worked with Big Mike at AN and then went out on his own??
The guy at the local grow store was pushing it and also mention the creep shit.. LOL

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I've seen people get good looking plants using Miracle Gro, so that don't mean shit to me. AN is known for having overpriced fertilizer and fake 'groundbreaking' products. Ain't nothing new in the agriculture industry. And the cartoons on the bottles just erk me, do they think we're kids?? I'll never give them my money, but I don't care if other people do. They wanna pay $20 a lb. for epsom salt? Go ahead, I'll get mine for a dollar.

Glassdub

Glassdub

cartoons on the bottles just erk me, do they think we're kids?? I'll never give them my money, but I don't care if other people do. They wanna pay $20 a lb. for epsom salt? Go ahead, I'll get mine for a dollar.
Yeah, ditto on this, if I see Einstein in aviators on the label I'm not even going to bother to check the price, I'm sure its bloated to the max as well as product lines that number in the dozens, cha ching. 🙄

Top Bottom