I am interested in Changing Nutrients

• Thread starter Detroitgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Topsrite

I have been using General Hydroponics nutrients, they are doing good. But, I was curious on changing nuts. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I continue using GH. I am growing in coco.
I’m a good Guinea pig. I’ve been growing for quite a long time. I’ve have tried a lot of nutes both liquid and powder. I think GH products are the best. Mega, lotus, technaflora, advance , perfecta rare dankness all performed good to great , advance probably the hardest to work with and certainly the most expensive, too many products and too many that have expired before using. GH floranova and GH maxi series are excellent, do not require any booster and totally rock! The flora 3 part series is capable of really being mixed specifically for and used based on the true needs of the genetics of the plant strain making it truly # 1. I also recently ran the full line from floraflex, save your money is all I’ll say. Like myself and those who are now getting on board we will continue to search and try, but right now nothing beats GH

KCRoyalCrown

KCRoyalCrown

I’ve been using GH products now for about two years in a hydroponic media. It took some time and fine tuning, but am very happy with the results. I am coming to the end of another harvest and I am going to switch both my veg and flower rooms to FOOP organic based product line. I know it’s not the cheapest, but it’s also not as complicated as the full GH line I am using. I am going to be documenting the growth and hope to have good results to report back with.

Current crop of Super lemon haze using full GH line

5A312F3E 9BD2 4B5F 8C7B EED2AB987815
Last edited:
freezeland2

freezeland2

I’ve been using GH products now for about two years in a hydroponic media. It took some time and fine tuning, but am very happy with the results. I am coming to the end of another harvest and I am going to switch both my veg and flower rooms to FOOP organic based product line. I know it’s not the cheapest, but it’s also not as complicated as the full GH line I am using. I am going to be documenting the growth and hope to have good results to report back with.

I’m rocking with a super lemon haze girl right now. Not as far as long in to flowering as yours though. Just a couple days in to week 5. Using FFOF and roots organic dry nutrients. Using great white products for the microbes. She’s been a relatively easy plant to grow. Looks like a good yielder too.

Nesta028

Nesta028

I really like the Gaia Green organic line. I amend soil and then top dress periodically. Low maintenance, more affordable, and in my experience I have seen better results.

T

Topsrite

Sounds and looks good. Yeah I only use the 3part GH. So sometimes autos, primarily all I grow these days I’ll continue grow way into the flowering side and raise the ph a little, I also generally use it all the way through in smaller amounts. In the past flowers would get nice and bit, but would start to yellow a little while maturing, I’m talking about the sugar leaves. By continuing with the grow it kept my buds growing and leaves staying greener and trichomes saturating more and more. This didn’t occur when I stopped using grow and ran just bloom and micro or bloom alone, thus the reason I say learning how to use the 3 parts to your best ability. Anyway I’ve not tried foop so cannot say. These days the new learn for me after buying the apogee m610 is light spread and DLI , I grow indoor so I’ve had to learn tricks and already the meter has paid off. Keep me posted on the foop I’ll be very interested in hearing and good luck .

tobh

tobh

Supporter
GH is great. easy to use, no fuss, don't need a scale. But, expensive. I also ran canna's full line for a solid five years. Fuck. that was an expensive period in life when i had no money to begin with.

I'm 1000% with @Aquaman on this. Go powdered. Hell, I ran Miracle Grow salts for four or five years without a problem.

Currently I run Front Row AG which admittedly is more expensive than MC and Jacks, but I also bought 50lbs of salts from them to the tune of $400 and have no intention on changing until I run out or have a problem big enough they won't remedy -- their customer service is top notch. For PK boost I use MOAB, which is simply the most intense PK boost on the market. Per run, I estimate my cost is roughly $10 max in nutrients from seed to harvest.

In that ballin on a budget thread, there's a DIY recipe for MOAB which is hella cheaper than buying it from mad scientist, but for convenience I'm down with $30 for enough to make four or more harvests in my small setup.

Operating at scales larger than the home grower is where the numbers really matter, it's all about user experience and whether someone is willing to learn how to weigh a powder out and use an EC meter to dial shit in. to each their own, YMMV, if it ain't broke don't fix it, whatever other cliche ending are relevant to discussions like this.

nomdeplume

nomdeplume

Going dry is hopefully a "remedy" for burns on my hands from Dyna-Gro & Humbolt Oneness liquids I started with. And yes I wash my hands after application.
Buy some cheap rubber gloves. I had to because the ph up I use burns my fingers. And it's a bitch to rinse off.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I prefer Emerald Harvest for my hydroponics. Good stuff. Potent. Reasonably priced for the potency. Best pH down I've found to date. I prefer the Cali Pro 2 part series. Personally I skip on the Bloom though. Emerald Harvest Cali Pro Veg A&B is good enough from start to finish. Maybe add some Emerald Goddess and King Kola when needed. Emerald Goddess is a wonderful product - it works very well for foliar feeds, too. Their Cal-Mag is good, too. Maybe a little better than Botanicare's Cal-Mag+

As far as soil growing goes I make my own compost/kelp amendments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom