I am new here. Looking for white color led.

• Thread starter 420baby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420baby

420baby

Hello guys. Really very happy to be here. One of my friends recommended me this site.
I am a newbie and looking for grow lights. I researched some through google. But there are a lot of choices.
My optimal light should be an LED. The purple or the white? Any recommendation for me? Thanks in advance. :D

I am new here looking for white color led
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

where have you been? This debate has been raging for years and put to bed unless you're looking at cheap chinese crap blurple led light websites

There are a number of choices, but Amare Technology offers a hybrid led, which combines a white COB surrounded by red/blue monos which can be switched o/o independently. This is great for seed starting as they only consume 100w

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Your question is the equivalent of "What tires should I use on my car?" There are a million different types and styles of LED lights. There are cheap and ready to grow lights available for $25 and up, while there are also LEDs that cost a thousand or so. I would recommend taking a few hours and read thru the thousand posts or so regarding different grower's luck or failure with different lights and systems. There are as many different opinions as there are leaves on a large plant... there isn't an easier way to make the decision.
Since this is all new to you, you need to learn a little about PAR and how they/it relates to plant's growth, as well as different systems having the ability to reach deeper into your canopy, light coverage, and a zillion other factors that go into setting up a successful grow. I would start with something basic and easy. As your experience grows and you learn more, then you can really dial in your process and do what works best for you and your style of growing.
Welcome to the world of LEDs! The technology seems to change every few months and you will get a bunch of differing opinions on what is best. This has been discussed very widely, so do a quick search on the best LED's and you will have enough info to keep you busy for a while as well as brng you up to speed on the differing styles and technologies that are out there and evolving. Good Luck!!

Dan789

Dan789

Like @Jimster mentioned, there’s many led lights on the market, for a limited sample check out amazon, they carry thousands...though the reviews may not be 100% legit...
Check out some of the grow diaries, and the led light section of this forum also... good luck.

420baby

420baby

where have you been? This debate has been raging for years and put to bed unless you're looking at cheap chinese crap blurple led light websites

There are a number of choices, but Amare Technology offers a hybrid led, which combines a white COB surrounded by red/blue monos which can be switched o/o independently. This is great for seed starting as they only consume 100w
Thanks, man. I will check it out during the weekend. :)

420baby

420baby

Your question is the equivalent of "What tires should I use on my car?" There are a million different types and styles of LED lights. There are cheap and ready to grow lights available for $25 and up, while there are also LEDs that cost a thousand or so. I would recommend taking a few hours and read thru the thousand posts or so regarding different grower's luck or failure with different lights and systems. There are as many different opinions as there are leaves on a large plant... there isn't an easier way to make the decision.
Since this is all new to you, you need to learn a little about PAR and how they/it relates to plant's growth, as well as different systems having the ability to reach deeper into your canopy, light coverage, and a zillion other factors that go into setting up a successful grow. I would start with something basic and easy. As your experience grows and you learn more, then you can really dial in your process and do what works best for you and your style of growing.
Welcome to the world of LEDs! The technology seems to change every few months and you will get a bunch of differing opinions on what is best. This has been discussed very widely, so do a quick search on the best LED's and you will have enough info to keep you busy for a while as well as brng you up to speed on the differing styles and technologies that are out there and evolving. Good Luck!!

This will help me a lot, man. thanks. I need to learn more through google. hope you a nice weekend.

420baby

420baby

Like @Jimster mentioned, there’s many led lights on the market, for a limited sample check out amazon, they carry thousands...though the reviews may not be 100% legit...
Check out some of the grow diaries, and the led light section of this forum also... good luck.
I checked the amazon lights. Damn, i have to say these things make me feel crazy. tons of options. Some of them describe 1000W, 2000W, etc.:speechless:

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

good enough to post a pic i'll reply. i'm looking at LED's as well been reading for months, budget and currency is $600 canadian https://growdaddycanada.com/collect...-led-grow-lights-80-320?variant=6763792007198
phatnuggs light suggestion's is what i'm going to look at now
I happen to own that light! It is a beast, but you can get much more for your money imo. (I got mine free for testing). I suggest going to the HLG (Quantum Boards) website and looking around there. (white light). I mix the UF Burple with white in my flower tent and am very pleased. Sold off my other imports for more HLG stuff, but kept the Unit Farm..The thing adds something to the plants..Just have no idea what.

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

SolStrips are a great value in premium LED. They make two assembled lamps - a SolSheet enclosed light in two sizes, and an open SolStix Rack system, in addition to DIY components. Top Samsung diodes for about a dollar per true watt.

420baby

420baby

SolStrips are a great value in premium LED. They make two assembled lamps - a SolSheet enclosed light in two sizes, and an open SolStix Rack system, in addition to DIY components. Top Samsung diodes for about a dollar per true watt.
Thanks, bro. I learnt that Epistar chip is used by most of brands. Samsung diodes is better than Epistar?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thanks. The UnitFarm that you mentioned is stated as Cree and Osram chips on their website. How about you idea of these chips?
They are among the best , but very expensive. The Sammy Diodes are priced great and really do the job for less $$. There is something (taste and color) that burbles seem to add in my setups. I mentioned that I kept the UF and dumped the other burples for white lights.:cool:

:cool:

420baby

420baby

They are among the best , but very expensive. The Sammy Diodes are priced great and really do the job for less $$. There is something (taste and color) that burbles seem to add in my setups. I mentioned that I kept the UF and dumped the other burples for white lights.:cool:
View attachment 869263
:cool:
View attachment 869264

Wow, it is bright. The color is a little similar with HPS. How much you spend for this light?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Wow, it is bright. The color is a little similar with HPS. How much you spend for this light?
There are a few types there:
QB132's were about $150 USD for 4x boards ..them add a driver and hardware (I built them..very simple)

The one with the heatsink was a Version 1 from HLG (QB288) and was about $180 in kit form (again very simple)
There are knockoff boards from people like Atrium lighting (Ebay)

Here is the HLG link: (both redi built and kits and/or separate parts)

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

The Samsung LM561C diodes in the SolStrips are about twice as efficient (light per watt) as Epistars. Epistars are not really considered premium LED diodes because of their relatively poor lm/w scores.

SolStrips has a 180 true watt and 300 true watt lamp, as well as components and kits for rack-style lamps using their custom fitted heatsinks. The SolSheet O runs about $150, and the 300w SolSheet X and SolStix Racks are $199. About 30% less on a diode-to-diode basis than HLG's 288-chip boards and lamp kits, using the same Samsung diodes.

420baby

420baby

There are a few types there:
QB132's were about $150 USD for 4x boards ..them add a driver and hardware (I built them..very simple)

The one with the heatsink was a Version 1 from HLG (QB288) and was about $180 in kit form (again very simple)
There are knockoff boards from people like Atrium lighting (Ebay)

Here is the HLG link: (both redi built and kits and/or separate parts)

It is cheap. Will i need to buy different parts and then assemble them together? I don't know if i can make it. lol

420baby

420baby

The Samsung LM561C diodes in the SolStrips are about twice as efficient (light per watt) as Epistars. Epistars are not really considered premium LED diodes because of their relatively poor lm/w scores.

SolStrips has a 180 true watt and 300 true watt lamp, as well as components and kits for rack-style lamps using their custom fitted heatsinks. The SolSheet O runs about $150, and the 300w SolSheet X and SolStix Racks are $199. About 30% less on a diode-to-diode basis than HLG's 288-chip boards and lamp kits, using the same Samsung diodes.

Alright. thanks for your suggestion. I will check it out when i have spare time.
How do you think about Samsung and Cree?

Latest posts

Top Bottom