I am new here. Looking for white color led.

• Thread starter 420baby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For a closet grow, I don't know if I have the room for the SolSheet X, would the smaller model 13" x 18" be sufficient? What light spectrum? 2700k? 3500k? 5000k? 2700k/5000k? Can this be used for flower and veg? Tks
For both a Veg and Bloom light i would go 3500k.
so if i replace my 2 missyee 600w with this https://www.ebay.com/itm/MEIZHI-Ref...758013&hash=item360aabb642:g:pbEAAOSwDSRctGjC i'll be better off? i know this info is all over the internet but i'm usually good at buying the one that isnt recommended out of the dozen that are with the same name. just how she goes.
the 600w Missyee draws an actual 108watts. That Meizhi is an actual 560watts. I can't speak to quality of the fixture but in terms of the actual wattage that Meizhi would kill the 2 of your existing fixtures (more than double).

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

the 600w Missyee draws an actual 108watts. That Meizhi is an actual 560watts. I can't speak to quality of the fixture but in terms of the actual wattage that Meizhi would kill the 2 of your existing fixtures (more than double).
I can speak about Meizhi..I owned 4 of them..2x 450 reflectors and 2x 300 watt reflectors. They are built better than Mars and the other no name lights I looked at (Lightmetunnel and Galaxy Hydro)..Actually not too for a Burple, and the heatsinks were pretty HD (ONLY their reflector series)
They grew good weed too.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Oh..forgot this tidbit..The pronunciation is:
ME-IS-HIGH..
Seriously funny and these folks take their language stuff seriously..I actually spoke with them and got some xtra SS hangers for free (I mis-placed my own)

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

I was looking at the actual wattage and the economy lights have like 100-150 actual wattage but say they are like 600W, lol!

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

For a closet grow, I don't know if I have the room for the SolSheet X, would the smaller model 13" x 18" be sufficient? What light spectrum? 2700k? 3500k? 5000k? 2700k/5000k? Can this be used for flower and veg? Tks

It could be fine, but it all depends on the square footage you want to light up. The SolSheet Os will light up a 2x2 area will good intensity for veg and bloom. Two O's on a single HLG-240H driver will cover a 2x4 ft area perfectly, even a 2x6 very well with good Mylar on the walls. Basically you want about 30-40 watts/s.f. with premium LED. The SolSheet Os will put out 130-180 watts.

Kepp89

Kepp89

Wowzers

Last question my tent is 2.5 x 2.5 feet only 1 single plant. Should I even up to the Meizhi or will that be too much light?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Wowzers

Last question my tent is 2.5 x 2.5 feet only 1 single plant. Should I even up to the Meizhi or will that be too much light?
2x HLG QB 288 (or ATRIUM Lighting 288) + a B type Meanwell Driver with DIMMER! (100k ohm pot ) For the win!That's about 250 total watts fully driven.
you have 6.25 sq ft, sooooo 40 watts per sq ft fully driven (imo the best LEDs for the $$ at this time).....advice is free..the math will cost ya! LMAO
Done..no more burple and folks here will not bitch about the burple pictures any more,,:party1::cool:

Kepp89

Kepp89

Edit..you can begin with one board, but get the driver for 2 or more..that way you can expand and do your entire tent easily.
BTW how high is that tent?
64” (5.3 feet)

In due time it’ll be my veg or mother tent

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

It could be fine, but it all depends on the square footage you want to light up. The SolSheet Os will light up a 2x2 area will good intensity for veg and bloom. Two O's on a single HLG-240H driver will cover a 2x4 ft area perfectly, even a 2x6 very well with good Mylar on the walls. Basically you want about 30-40 watts/s.f. with premium LED. The SolSheet Os will put out 130-180 watts.

I would say out of my closet space, I am using about 6 square feet of the space. (Sliding door closet in bedroom) At minimum 30W per sq.ft. , I should be using a 180W light right? 50W per sq.ft I read is optimal.

Right now, I have a 400W HPS running. And for veg I have a MH. Think I need to change anything? First grow. Only thing I see LED helping beside some different light spectrum like red and blue, is the heat factor. That light gets hot if I don't leave the doors open during the day. When lights are off, it's not an issue.

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

would say out of my closet space, I am using about 6 square feet of the space. (Sliding door closet in bedroom) At minimum 30W per sq.ft. , I should be using a 180W light right?
Yes, 180w minimum. 240w (two SolSheet Os + Mean Well HLG-240H driver) would be much better for flowering. 240w would replace your 400w HPS (and you could close the closet doors - you are losing a lot of reflected light with the door open). You want to get your average PAR above 500, preferably above 600. Here's the PAR map for two SolSheet O's on the HLG-240H:

PAR map Dual SSO 280w 12inches
FTCG

FTCG

@420baby Just wondering how much space you are looking to cover?

I was looking on amazon canada and came across some White LED's from Sunplix.

Here is a link to their official site:

Over the past year I've been trying to figure out how to get my hands on some Fluence Spyderx, and these guys seem to have the same design, using Samsung LED's, which is a new to me after all this CREE talk.

I am interested everyone's opinion on them, I'll check the site to see if there are any grows using them.

If this is a 4ft x 4ft tent we are talking about, I'd opt for at least the 400w model at about 900$ CAD after shipping. A single fixture, with bars covering the whole tent to a more consistent PAR rating.

I definitely can't justify paying $600 CAD plus shipping for a LED light consuming less than 150w...

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Yes, 180w minimum. 240w (two SolSheet Os + Mean Well HLG-240H driver) would be much better for flowering. 240w would replace your 400w HPS (and you could close the closet doors - you are losing a lot of reflected light with the door open). You want to get your average PAR above 500, preferably above 600. Here's the PAR map for two SolSheet O's on the HLG-240H:

Thanks man, definitely going to consider that option now.

I try to keep the door directly in front of light closed (left slider) and use the other door (right slider) as a vent but it still releases light like you said. My setup will improve but I can't keep buying bud at this rate or I won't have any savings for retirement.

FTCG

FTCG

https://szbava.en.alibaba.com/

is the way to go, they even have UV diodes to increase
THC production.
Now these look promising, especially the 6 panel unit.

Heavy, but promising.

The only downside here, is that it's almost impossible to pay safely through Alibaba, very shady people and lots of scams even through their 3 and 4 year certified companies. I've tried to order multiple times and always seems like I am being finessed.

420baby

420baby

Cree was the early leader in premium COB and "mono" (single color) LEDs, and priced their products at a premium as well. But they didn't see the tech and market shift toward SMDs (surface mount diodes, the small low-voltage LEDs assembled in strings) and SMD strips as the primary light engines in horticultural lamps. Samsung has taken that trend by the horns and dominates the market now, with efficiency and spectrum that exceeds Cree and pricing that absolutely crushes Cree. Cree is still reeling from the shift, stuck with their very good but overpriced COBs and no competitive offering in SMD light strips.

Very useful information. bro. Thanks a lot.

Kepp89

Kepp89

Look for Atrium Lighting on Ebay and reach out to him....same diodes, same high quality boards and heatsinks (..You fasten the boards with enclosed hardware, wire them in series or parallel (I use parallel for multiple boards); buy and attach a driver and..Boom..white light! I run a few of his (288's) as do a few of my students..good guy, great product ! I suggest a Meanwell driver with dimmer leads (B type instead of A type)..Attach a $5 100k ohm pot..and you have a dimmable fixture!(listed on his site). If you need help..I am here as are others that have used similar boards.
Also google HLG Quantum boards videos and there is help for assembly visually (maybe a 20 minute job..most of which is attaching the screws from board to heatsink)

I just looked and he has his own site now.
why B instead of A?

copy/paste from the site:
HLG-120H-54A has onboard potentiometers for voltage and current adjustment.
HLG-120H-54B has leads to attach a potentiometer for adjustment.

is the onboard one that bad??

i just placed an order for the 288.2 and a 54A driver. should i really change my order?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

why B instead of A?

copy/paste from the site:
HLG-120H-54A has onboard potentiometers for voltage and current adjustment.
HLG-120H-54B has leads to attach a potentiometer for adjustment.

is the onboard one that bad??

i just placed an order for the 288.2 and a 54A driver. should i really change my order?
The A driver has a built in dimmer (screw driver adjustment) with only a small adjustment possible. The B driver has two dimmer leads. You attach a 100k ohm pot and have pretty good External dimmer control. I move lights around and good dimming is needed, so I always get the B drivers. If you will not be dimming often, the A driver is just fine. Hope this helps. ( I THINK otherwise the A and B are the same quality etc wise)

Latest posts

Top Bottom