I bought a tent. It’s empty. Now what?

• Thread starter Cabi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

Well. Well. I think you might be right. Oh my. What have I gotten myself into. I guess this is a good time for me to build my tent. Check for light seepage and any missed directed brain matter. Oh and I see you went with the cheap lights. Thanks for the advice and the pictures. It’s a really nice set up.
The light is the heart of the room. Everything can be scabbed together but that.

It took two years to get it. Patience is also something you will need in spades.

*** Trust me on that patience thing lol. I'm three years in almost. Heavily invested in time and money to a lesser degree... I've got a plant downstairs right now whos neck I would like to wring. Shes kept me on my toes and one step behind her for the last 5 weeks. Just cloned a whole crop of babies from her for a whole fall/winter season of pulling my f@cking hair out lol. 😜

Last edited:
Cabi

Cabi

Oh I'm all about led... I run an HLG 600. I just know with the budget less there is a lot of misinformation given by manufacturers about the claims. Imo hlg, timber, gavita and the other big boys are the way to go.

I may take some heat for this but it's only my opinion if your going budget I would say kingbright or spider farmer but all of them will grow plants and produce much less heat than HID
Honestly. As I see it. When I start to grow and I see More success then hills to climb, then my Foot print along with my budget will grow to meet my Exuberance. You’ve been great man.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Honestly. As I see it. When I start to grow and I see More success then hills to climb, then my Foot print along with my budget will grow to meet my Exuberance. You’ve been great man.
Yeah no reason to break the bank on the first grow... Imo again only my opinion with those lights you can easily pull enough to be more than happy. Yes there are better quality with more accurate info and better tuned spectrums. But if I was on a budget I would not have an issue using them.

Cabi

Cabi

Yeah no reason to break the bank on the first grow... Imo again only my opinion with those lights you can easily pull enough to be more than happy. Yes there are better quality with more accurate info and better tuned spectrums. But if I was on a budget I would not have an issue using them.
Meanwhile I’ll look up the brands you mentioned earlier. Thanks again

Dr.B

Dr.B

I started on "Amazons choice" lighting and was lucky enough to hit a hardware store as it was going out of business for all my odds and ends. The tent was a gift... I built it up, bit by bit, grow by grow. I'm basically happy with it now but I need a taller, stronger tent, better fans and controllers... Its always something. I'm still paying off the last of the light upgrade lol.

Take your time and have fun with it. Ask questions!

Cabi

Cabi

I started on "Amazons choice" lighting and was lucky enough to hit a hardware store as it was going out of business for all my odds and ends. The tent was a gift... I built it up, bit by bit, grow by grow. I'm basically happy with it now but I need a taller, stronger tent, better fans and controllers... Its always something. I'm still paying off the last of the light upgrade lol.

Take your time and have fun with it. Ask questions!
That is some great advice. And fun, it’s going to be fun, otherwise, what’s it all for? Oh. And questions I’ll be asking. Stay tuned

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
That is some great advice. And fun, it’s going to be fun, otherwise, what’s it all for? Oh. And questions I’ll be asking. Stay tuned
Honestly. Kingbrite 240w quantum board. Alibaba.com. Contact vivi. $169.00 shipped to my door. Not sure what the price is currently but best bang for your buck. Check it out.

899A1440 B57A 43D8 97F6 D89196479066
Cabi

Cabi

Honestly. Kingbrite 240w quantum board. Alibaba.com. Contact vivi. $169.00 shipped to my door. Not sure what the price is currently but best bang for your buck. Check it out.
Why am I just hearing about king Brite quantum boards in these forms? I know I’m new but in my months of researching lights never have I ever seen that name. “I know what a light Brite is.”

Cabi

Cabi

Any seed progress ?
Sadly. No. We have a dispensary nearby that sells some well reviewed seeds add $100 for 10. Didn’t wanna spend that much, and when I was gonna take the plunge, The lady over the phone reminded me: “don’t forget the tax.” Here in California tax on $100 is apparently $56. To have that spill out of my pocket just makes me feel bad.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Sadly. No. We have a dispensary nearby that sells some well reviewed seeds add $100 for 10. Didn’t wanna spend that much, and when I was gonna take the plunge, The lady over the phone reminded me: “don’t forget the tax.” Here in California tax on $100 is apparently $56. To have that spill out of my pocket just makes me feel bad.
Dcseedexchange.com

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I did splurge on some $110 beans at the dispensary and the genetics are worth it thus far. However I got 20 beans for $110 plus tax. There’s always a 20% discount at this spot so it saves the tax. I’ll be looking for a keeper soon. Good luck on your endeavor.

SKY DOG

SKY DOG

Best deal - will be to get good cut from some one.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Best deal - will be to get good cut from some one.
You pretty much have to know someone at that point. Or pay an arm and a leg for genetics 🧬 that may be iffy. Sick plants, pests, etc. reliable source is def needed for a good cut.

Top Bottom