I bought a tent. It’s empty. Now what?

• Thread starter Cabi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cabi

Cabi

Should I put a plant in there? Yes! I know that’s what you’re thinking. But I need more stuff right. I’ve heard about all the basics. Lights, Humidifier, dehumidifier, skunk filter, pictures of other successful plants, Rocky’s “eye of the tiger” on a loop. But I live in Southern California and my house has central air, But right now I’m slightly poor. mainly because I live in Southern California and I have central air. So. Here it is: Do I need a humidifier or dehumidifier in my tent? Please explain.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Should I put a plant in there? Yes! I know that’s what you’re thinking. But I need more stuff right. I’ve heard about all the basics. Lights, Humidifier, dehumidifier, skunk filter, pictures of other successful plants, Rocky’s “eye of the tiger” on a loop. But I live in Southern California and my house has central air, But right now I’m slightly poor. mainly because I live in Southern California and I have central air. So. Here it is: Do I need a humidifier or dehumidifier in my tent? Please explain.
I’d worry about the lights first. Also it’s better to control the environment the tent is in. I’ve got both but rarely use either. I’d say I use the dehumidifier more here in SoCal depending on time of year. Do you have lights already or are you in the market. Happy grows.

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Agreed. Lights. I live in kc. Midwest. So I need a dehumidifier badly for two months in the summer and a humidifier for three months in the winter. Other than that I’m good. Spend the money on lights. They’re worth it

Cabi

Cabi

I’d worry about the lights first. Also it’s better to control the environment the tent is in. I’ve got both but rarely use either. I’d say I use the dehumidifier more here in SoCal depending on time of year. Do you have lights already or are you in the market. Happy grows.
Honestly. I think I know more or less what I’m going to get, but until i press the purchase button anything can be changed. The one thing that’s taking me the longest to find are seeds. I figured once I had those then everything else was a go. But if you have suggestions, frankly, that’s what I’m here for.

Cabi

Cabi

Agreed. Lights. I live in kc. Midwest. So I need a dehumidifier badly for two months in the summer and a humidifier for three months in the winter. Other than that I’m good. Spend the money on lights. They’re worth it
Thanks brother

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Remember you want to control the humidity of the air outside the tent not inside. A good exhaust fan will help immensely to combat high temps and humidity that often an issue in late flower when we cannot afford mistakes. I honestly suggest if its a 4x4 a cloudline T6 it will automatically adjust the fan speed for temp and humidity control. This is a huge advantage. If smaller a T4 will do. Next to the light this will be the most important IMO

Cabi

Cabi

Remember you want to control the humidity of the air outside the tent not inside. A good exhaust fan will help immensely to combat high temps and humidity that often an issue in late flower when we cannot afford mistakes. I honestly suggest if its a 4x4 a cloudline T6 it will automatically adjust the fan speed for temp and humidity control. This is a huge advantage. If smaller a T4 will do. Next to the light this will be the most important IMO
I feel really strange saying this: “thanks a lot Aquaman.“ I will look up what you just asked for and complain About it later if it’s too expensive:)

Cabi

Cabi

Do you mean an S4 instead of a T4? My tent currently is 3 x 3 x 6

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would suggest the T6 if you can afford it. It wont run as hard and run quieter. Also if you decide to upgrade you won't have to buy a bigger fan

Cabi

Cabi

Prob a 5x5. I little burned on the LED stuff but spider farmer is probably the better option of those 2.
HPS it is definitely cheaper to purchase but my concern was the summer and how much more it’ll cost to run when I include the air conditioning. My bills throughout the years have been horrible. Thousand dollar bill from the electric company Sucks. That’s why I was leaning towards LED. I know people have Very defined opinions about lights. Thanks man. I appreciate ya

Dr.B

Dr.B

I have worked and continue to work hard on the air system and environmental conditions. Lights are plug and play, easy peasy but they affect your environment. You need everything in and running to get an idea of what you really need. IMO

Really a loaded question... You need so many things lol

IMG 20200603 115425
IMG 20200603 115539
IMG 20200603 115605
IMG 20200603 115552
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

HPS it is definitely cheaper to purchase but my concern was the summer and how much more it’ll cost to run when I include the air conditioning. My bills throughout the years have been horrible. Thousand dollar bill from the electric company Sucks. That’s why I was leaning towards LED. I know people have Very defined opinions about lights. Thanks man. I appreciate ya
Oh I'm all about led... I run an HLG 600. I just know with the budget less there is a lot of misinformation given by manufacturers about the claims. Imo hlg, timber, gavita and the other big boys are the way to go.

I may take some heat for this but it's only my opinion if your going budget I would say kingbright or spider farmer but all of them will grow plants and produce much less heat than HID

Cabi

Cabi

Well. Well. I think you might be right. Oh my. What have I gotten myself into. I guess this is a good time for me to build my tent. Check for light seepage and any missed directed brain matter. Oh and I see you went with the cheap lights. Thanks for the advice and the pictures. It’s a really nice set up.

Cabi

Cabi

I have worked and continue to work hard on the air system and environmental conditions. Lights are plug and play, easy peasy but they affect your environment. You need everything in and running to get an idea of what you really need. IMO

Really a loaded question... You need so many things lol
Well. Well. I think you might be right. Oh my. What have I gotten myself into. I guess this is a good time for me to build my tent. Check for light seepage and any missed directed brain matter. Oh and I see you went with the cheap lights. Thanks for the advice and the pictures. It’s a really nice set up.

Top Bottom