I could use some Spider mite help PLEASE !!!

• Thread starter Taurus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chem77

Chem77

Pretty hard to get them all when you have 10000 leaves, less leaves the better. Good luck.

C

Cardlee25

So I’ve never had spider mites in my room until now. Went to a new clone supplier and BAM , I’m at war. My plants are in the second week of veg. So far I’ve hit them twice HEAVY with WIPE OUT. Most adults are gone but young ones are still alive. How can I nuke what’s left and wipe them out BEFORE they become an issue? Is Forbid the answer? What can I use that WORKS? I don’t want to play around with these pests.
Azamax at 50 ml per gallon 2 sprays 10 days apart both sides

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
2274322E 49D1 49D1 AE28 E2FEF9A0CFA8
Just an FYI

JeffWix67

JeffWix67

This eradicates them?
Yep...100% and then you use Dr Zymes right up to harvest or not...the 50 50 mix will irradiate them...the alcohol evaporates after doing it's thing and most plants show 0 effects from it...some get a little wilty...I have scrapped entire grows and not grown as they overwhelmed me...but I scrub everything with 10% liquid pool shock, all walls, surfaces, wash the filter cover, change the light hanger as I have fans blowing everywhere and spray the alcohol everywhere I can't spray the bleach....but yes my buddy called me and asked what the white spots on the leaves were...I went over with a sprayer, 92% rubbing alcohol, some water mixed it applied it and left it there to use...used it 4 days in a row...he is now 8th week and no signs of the Borg anywhere.
Alcohol DOES work.

TSD

TSD

How big are they? Still babies? I'd give them a good spray down in a sink or tub or w a hose if it's not freezing so you have less to kill, then start the war. I've dealt with them outside and I sprayed the shit out of my plants w the hose, then doused w a dawn dish soap solution, let it sit overnight and sprayed it off again at first light, repeated for 2 days, then again after a few days rest.They were not happy, but they got over it and the mites were gone, thankfully they had barely started flower. Only solution I could afford for what I had to wash and I hate using strong shit as I aim to be somewhat organic lol.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I guess you could add canola oil to the alcohol and try that approach.
Someone else said alcohol worked for them ? So I don’t know I only know when I tried it it evaporates to quickly the oil you suggest may help ? Idk best thing is
DONT GET THE FUCKERS ! I take a shower with fresh clothes before I open my tent now days .

Ponky

Ponky

Someone else said alcohol worked for them ? So I don’t know I only know when I tried it it evaporates to quickly the oil you suggest may help ? Idk best thing is
DONT GET THE FUCKERS ! I take a shower with fresh clothes before I open my tent now days .
Canola clogs their mouths. And they starve. I have a pesticide here thats 92% canola. It works 100%. But does leave a residue. So I would probably just use a home brew version.

Taurus

Taurus

I just took off all the leaves that had signs of mite damage and scrubbed the crap out of each plant top to bottom with insecticidal soap (especially under the leaves) . I’m thinking of hitting them with forbid on Monday to keep them from feeding for 45 days. They were already drenched with Wipe Out a week ago so feeding won’t be pleasurable I’m sure. Most mites were dead from the wipe out. Anyone opposed to a forbid drench and then maybe sulfur the first week of flowering?

JeffWix67

JeffWix67

I'm more in favor of Dr. Zymes of which you can use the day of harvest with no I'll effects and can be used weekly for maintenance...it's mostly just citric acid...my friend uses it a lot and showed me how good it worked and the final end product...I have some, I have used it myself last year when some shit sprung up and it handled it quickly and assuredly...hope this helps...you have been presented with many ways to battle these thugs...pick one 😬.
I am an all organic soil grower, so like many others, I look for organic non impact mite/pest murdering solutions

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I used Dr. Zymes on my last outdoor grow. Don't know about for spider mites but the aphids just do the backstroke in the stuff.

Jackspat12

Jackspat12

So I’ve never had spider mites in my room until now. Went to a new clone supplier and BAM , I’m at war. My plants are in the second week of veg. So far I’ve hit them twice HEAVY with WIPE OUT. Most adults are gone but young ones are still alive. How can I nuke what’s left and wipe them out BEFORE they become an issue? Is Forbid the answer? What can I use that WORKS? I don’t want to play around with these pests.
Go with Growers Ally spider mite control. This stuff is nuclear and completely organic. Best $13 bucks I've spent.

Taurus

Taurus

I want to personally thank everyone who stepped in to help me, your very much appreciated . Here is the steps I took so far incase anyone wants to try the route I took. First signs of identification of spider mites I hit them twice in a week very heavily (top and underside of leaves) with WIPE OUT and then I hit em hard with Bonides Super Insecticidal Soap. Then last night I drenched them in AZAMAX before lights out. Today I checked them and all the eggs were bright white and there were no signs of live mites anywhere. We all know I just won the battle but not the war. Since I’m ahead of the game , I just ordered sachets for each plant containing predatory mites that will devour any mites that we’re hiding and try to come back on the plant. I think that will do the trick HOPEFULLY. I don’t want to spray anything else since I flip em in two days. I’m gonna let nature handle the rest. I’ll post any concerns or updates as I go

Top Bottom