i dont care what anyone says 24 hour veg is HORRIBLE, tell me why u think different

• Thread starter OGKuShSAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growlife

i use 1000mh 24/7for veg, clones, mothers, fathers and seed starting

on 18/6 some of the more light sensative strains
have seemed to be stuck between veg and flower
and just pause growth

420Gator

420Gator

doesnt running 24/7 fuck up the bugs laying eggs? also i m vegging 2 feet away from a 1K and cuts arent stressed, but its aircooled too

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

24 hours stresses and can result in unwanted things like being susceptible to powder mold and other things that attack weakening plants.

P

pure arghan

iv heard that to0

doesnt running 24/7 fuck up the bugs laying eggs? also i m vegging 2 feet away from a 1K and cuts arent stressed, but its aircooled too

iv heard that to man and i hope im not going to jinks my self but i havent had any bad prob's with insectes, get a few hear and there like anyone but the bugs its sapossed to keep down is spider mites and again i hope im not hanging my self but iv never had them bad, had them a few times near the end of flowering but ony had to wash the little fuckers off and give the room a good clean. :character0110:

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

24 for me, 18/6 is just to induce preflowers a week or 2 early and get a head start on the stretch!

X

Xceptional

lol wow dude you were way off on this one. i jumped in to say exactly what OG and countless others got to before me. i ran 24 hour just because i had no timer and it works just fine. also all moms are still under 24 hour veg and i had one under 24 that was about 8 months old and just fine.

D

Detox

I never had a problem doing 24 hrs either when I was . Now I let my light bulbs etc have a 4 hour break .

E

ent

i run 24/0 on my mothers. if u ran 18/6 some strains could autoflower over a long duration (a year or more).

D

dican01

i run 24 hours and have only seen positive results. no worry of premature flowering and they grow faster. makes too much sense. 24, then 12.

H

halitzor

Its completely counterproductive to do anything other than 24/0. Here's why:

-You don't have to fire your bulb daily which puts much much less stress on it than if you leave it on 24 hours a day which they're made to do in the first place.

- Cannabis does not need a dark period to grow like most other plants. That means every 4 hours you're turning your bulb off, you're delaying your harvest by the same amount of time if not more.

- One of the main goals is completing your grow in the least amount of time possible. It only makes logical sense to keep them growing at all times to get to 12/12 faster.

Why would any informed person ever choose to do 18/6 is beyond me.

A

aotearoa-farmer

Have always gone for the 24hr veg under fluros/MH and never had any probs.. But again if doing clones for outdoors 18hrs is the one, you dont want them to start flowering soon as they go outdoors... generaly

G

grenbone

24/7 for mothers/veg/seedlings/clones...No problems. Only fluorescents in the mother room and only one week of veg at 24 hours under the MH bulb once in the flowering room. Then the lights gradually get bumped down to 12/12 in the flower room under the MH (No HPS). No problems on skipping the gradual switch to 12/12. I can just flip in one night to 12/12 and it will be fine as well.
;)

sog1313

sog1313

I have done both and the only reason I have to give them 18/6 now is because my grow room is in my bedroom and lets face it I need to sleep sometime too. If i close the door the temps go way out of control. I'd say if you have an aggressively growing strain give them all the light you can. otherwise they generally dont seem to mind one way or another.

supercharged

supercharged

ave only got3 grows under my belt and every1of them has been vegged under24hr light simply 2 keep the temps+humidity constant an its worked4me everytime.

S

steelyeyes

24/0 makes tight, bushy, happy plants that grow fast if you feed them enough.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I don't care if people do or do not use 24/7. I say do what rocks your boat. But you can't go saying people who don't use 24/0 are wrong or uninformed.

Its completely counterproductive to do anything other than 24/0. Here's why:

-You don't have to fire your bulb daily which puts much much less stress on it than if you leave it on 24 hours a day which they're made to do in the first place.

I find it peculiar that you are worried about HPS bulb wear from turning it on and off but yet you are not worried about bulb longevity when you even use one for veg. I knew right away after we debate in the end you are going to use the cash croppers speed is everything. It's not. But it isn't true anyways.

I use Shoplights and T5's for veg. I can veg under my T5's for 6-8 weeks for every 6 days another grower vegges under a 1000w HPS. I can turn them off and on a few times a day with no ill effects.

I can do with proper planning whatever you do speedwise too. A room with 6 4x4 T5s tables. One tray is 1 week old, 1 is 2 weeks, 1 is 3 weeks One is 6 weeks old. My 6 week vegged clones will be better than any 1 week veg 1000w clones. Even if they are the same size they will be better. Better roots, better internodal spacing and more explosion when 12/12 comes.

Every week I can have 6 week old clones ready. They will have been grown under 18-6 and they will be happier plants. Not forced under 24 hour light. If established botany is true and plants only do certain functions at dark how can they not be happier and healthier?

- Cannabis does not need a dark period to grow like most other plants. That means every 4 hours you're turning your bulb off, you're delaying your harvest by the same amount of time if not more.

Yes they do. They might be able to grow but IMHO they do benefit. There are certain functions that only happen during the dark cycle. Most experts say that pot plants track night hours not daylight hours. There circadian rhythms are based on the night. You would need to do a side by side grow of all the same equipment, same clones and then 1 veg 24/7 and the other 18/6. In the end I bet if there was a difference (not saying there would be, in fact my argument is benefited if they are just equal), the 18/6 would be the best yield.

- One of the main goals is completing your grow in the least amount of time possible. It only makes logical sense to keep them growing at all times to get to 12/12 faster.

I already showed how this isn't true but I have to say this...

Completing a grow in the least amount of time is never one of my goals. That sounds like a cash croppers goal.

Why would any informed person ever choose to do 18/6 is beyond me.

Already explained some reasons. But will end with the fact that you didn't even consider outdoor growers. 24/0 indoor veg is not the best way to go. Plants will be going outside at 13.5/10.5 or 14/0. They will still be vegging another 3 months. Why shock the hell out of them. Why disrupt them at all. I start seedlings 18/6 and as they grow week to week I slowly get them on 15/9. They are well adjusted and never skip a beat going outside.

Now you have reasons from somebody informed.

waayne

waayne

Been running 24 hour veg rooms for over 25 years,never had any problems:passingjoint:

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Been running 24 hour veg rooms for over 25 years,never had any problems:passingjoint:

I am not declaring either way is better. I just am not excepting that 18-6 is detrimental. In some instances, like outdoor, it is beneficial. And a case can be made where it is better than 24-0. Just like people can make a case for 24-0 is better.

I really wasn't gonna get classified as uninformed because I use 18-6 and 15-9 depending on what I am planning.

Halitzor's post had some zing in it. I can't resist neutralizing zing. LOL!

P

paulycali

I will use the 24 hour veg period till the day i die! My plants grow twice as quick and love the light. I am also able to add 1 extra hour to my light cycle during flowering which gives me bigger yields in the end. Only use 18/6 if you cant afford the electricity

Latest posts

Top Bottom