I don't know what to grow 1st.

• Thread starter WickedMichelle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Once I purchased my tent, I started looking at seeds. Sooooo many to choose from. I know what I like, and searched based on a few key factors. THC levels, yield, and strain, I like the effects of Indica. And the plants are pretty. 🤗

I finally decided on these:

I was going to get 1 seed of each and see about growing 3 different strains. They all have close to the same grow period and climates so thinking they would grow well together.

In my first thread here, I was advised to stay away from these as they were auto flowers and those are not good for beginners. So now I do not know what to grow.

I am currently smoking something that is labeled "Mike Tyson". I like it. I can find variations of "Tyson" but usually in something else like a gelato but not a pure Tyson. Since we do not have dispensaries here in Minnesota thanks to poor management with their legalization and licensing... my purchases are not from registered sources so cannot trust the hand written labels. LMAO.

So being the stubborn "B" that I am.... should I get the 3 seeds above.... what would you recommend to help me get a successful grow? What should I be sure to do and not to do? Or maybe recommend something that is easier to grow for a beginner that are similar to what I have chosen above. I do not care where I get the seeds from as long as they are reputable and provide a good product.

Thanks in advance. 👍

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

A couple of other options maybe?

I would only be able to do one strain at a time with these. I would have to get a pack of 4. I recently saw we can grow 4 at a time her in MN... I thought it was 8. They change that law so frequently it's hard to keep up. LMAO.

Also... how long do seeds keep? Do they have a shelf life? Say I buy both packs and only grow 3 plants. Will the seeds keep until my next grow in X amount of weeks?

Thoughts?

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Welcome to the farm! You're on the right track, stick with photos for now of strains that you might like that have similar growth traits. Although different strains will often have different needs as far as feeding, light ect..

Seeds keep for a long time, years, just keep them somewhere safe and dark. Some store em in the fridge, I keep mine in a dark closet with no issues. Just keep them away from light and humidity.

Good luck on your new journey!

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Welcome to the farm! You're on the right track, stick with photos for now of strains that you might like that have similar growth traits. Although different strains will often have different needs as far as feeding, light ect..

Seeds keep for a long time, years, just keep them somewhere safe and dark. Some store em in the fridge, I keep mine in a dark closet with no issues. Just keep them away from light and humidity.

Good luck on your new journey!
Thank you. One less thing to worry about. Packs seem to be more cost effective than single seeds and better chance of sprouting with multi seeds vs one single. I can see spending 30+ on 3 seeds and none of them sprouting. I have that kind of luck 🤣

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

here's a good article about storing cannabis seeds:

Thank you!!! 🤗

If it does not say "Photoperiod" How do I know if it is or not? The seeds I listed from Royal Queen are all 8-10 weeks. Their seeds usually say "Auto" when they are auto flowing, these do not.

The Black Forrest listed above from Homegrown Seeds, also 8-10 weeks but this says "Photoperiod".

So time is not something to use to judge the type of seed it is?

K

KeyFingerFlying

grow everything first, then the second, then the third, then grow everything again and again and again

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Thank you!!! 🤗

If it does not say "Photoperiod" How do I know if it is or not? The seeds I listed from Royal Queen are all 8-10 weeks. Their seeds usually say "Auto" when they are auto flowing, these do not.

The Black Forrest listed above from Homegrown Seeds, also 8-10 weeks but this says "Photoperiod".

So time is not something to use to judge the type of seed it is?

if if not specified that they are automatics they are most prolly photoperiods.

the flowering time given by the breeder are an optimistic guesstimate , it's not rare it could take longer for the plant to mature than what the breeder say.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

if if not specified that they are automatics they are most prolly photoperiods.

the flowering time given by the breeder are an optimistic guesstimate , it's not rare it could take longer for the plant to mature than what the breeder say.
I'm optimistic 🤣 🤣

As soon as I get notification my pay went through my bank I am ordering. I may get the 3 from Royal as I really like those... and get a pack of 4 of the Black Frost... that too is a pretty plant. With the free seed from Royal that will give me 8 to start. The freebie is (or was at the time of placing in cart) an OG Kush... I might grow that outside the tent for no. 4. Our apt gets good light. I still worry that 3 will be too much for this 3x3 tent but gonna try it. 🤞

I almost miss the days when you would get a few seeds with your weed... Free grows. Almost! 🤣

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i m growing 8 plants in SOG 6L (1,6 gal) pots in a 2x3 tent. you'll be more than fine with 3 plants in a 3x3.

72 sweet seedsblack jack cbd
726 sweet seedsblack jack cbd

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

there is easily room for for 4 plants in a 3x3

i would personnally grow either 9 (3x3) , 12 (3x4) or 16 (4x4) plants in a 3x3

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I think I know what might be confuing

Photo periods advertising say 8-10 weeks that means 8-10 weeks of flowering they don’t include veg time

Where as auto give a range of from seed to flower that does include veg time

That’s why most auto time frames mean nada

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I'm optimistic 🤣 🤣

As soon as I get notification my pay went through my bank I am ordering. I may get the 3 from Royal as I really like those... and get a pack of 4 of the Black Frost... that too is a pretty plant. With the free seed from Royal that will give me 8 to start. The freebie is (or was at the time of placing in cart) an OG Kush... I might grow that outside the tent for no. 4. Our apt gets good light. I still worry that 3 will be too much for this 3x3 tent but gonna try it. 🤞

I almost miss the days when you would get a few seeds with your weed... Free grows. Almost! 🤣
If you do end up doing both always visit your inside plants before you visit the outside ones

Reactions: Zab
WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

I think I know what might be confuing

Photo periods advertising say 8-10 weeks that means 8-10 weeks of flowering they don’t include veg time

Where as auto give a range of from seed to flower that does include veg time

That’s why most auto time frames mean nada
Honestly... I am totally confused and even with all I have read so far.... I still feel like I am going in blind. Everything changed over time... growing has become more scientific these days it seems. Or at least the information is more readily available it just seems that way. IDK. LOL.

Thanks for the tip. I am going to send a quick email to one of these companies and see if I can get some more details on these seeds and growing tips for their brand..... I need to get ready for work 😭 and have one more post to make here about lighting. 🤣

Beautiful plants HerbalEdu!! 👍

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I never forget what that’s like
There was no internet and I spend ages reading feeling so lost
Once you get seeds in the ground it gets easier mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom