I F*** My Self

• Thread starter devlin016
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

marsfan300

I started a small coco grow for the first time on a small budget. my setup is 1000watt mh for veging and 1000 watt hps for flowering. i bought smart pots and 10 lbs coco and advance nutrients big bud coco feed. well heres where I might of fucked up I thought that big bud coco was a base like it was all the nutrients i needed to do a coco grow...well im finding out its more of a booster and i dont have any more money in my budget for a official base so its like what do i do now? can I still use big bud coco as a base or will it kill my plants??????
1000 watts is not small id sell one light use that money to get all the basics you need and flip a little of end product and reinvest in another light if your really needing that other 1000watter.just a suggestion.also find out what they changed to from monkey juice for coco grow nuts to.i used monkey juice with coco and it rocked but have since changed the name.its only 2 parts veg and bloom

D

devlin016

cant I use the big bud coco for bloom? and so far all 3 of my seeds have popped in the well water if that supports the idea of the ph being okay?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Seeds sprouting has nothing to do with the ph.
The Big Bud should be great in bloom, it is PK boost. I think you will probably be able to pull a decent harvest down using the floragro throughout and then just add teh big bug from weeks 3/4 to week 6/7 (read up on how people apply it, basically during flower/bloom the plant suck up ton of P and K so you need to add them.)

The PH pen is pretty necessary in coco, they are stupid expensive at the hydro stores but you can get cheap ones on ebay/amazon for around 10 buck, sometimes they even include a PPM/TDS type meter. Nutrients will swing that PH away from whatever it started out as....however, you can sort of do some educated guessing. Many lines will bring your PH roughly to where it needs to be if you follow the direction. Try and figure out what exactly the PH is of the starting water, then just google up people using your product and how much it swings the PH and go from there. My water starts at 7.5-ish, recommended nute amounts bring it down to 5.5-ish, just to give you an idea of what sort of a swing you are going to see between the starting water and what happens when you add stuff.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Seeds sprouting has nothing to do with the ph.
The Big Bud should be great in bloom, it is PK boost. I think you will probably be able to pull a decent harvest down using the floragro throughout and then just add teh big bug from weeks 3/4 to week 6/7 (read up on how people apply it, basically during flower/bloom the plant suck up ton of P and K so you need to add them.)

The PH pen is pretty necessary in coco, they are stupid expensive at the hydro stores but you can get cheap ones on ebay/amazon for around 10 buck, sometimes they even include a PPM/TDS type meter. Nutrients will swing that PH away from whatever it started out as....however, you can sort of do some educated guessing. Many lines will bring your PH roughly to where it needs to be if you follow the direction. Try and figure out what exactly the PH is of the starting water, then just google up people using your product and how much it swings the PH and go from there. My water starts at 7.5-ish, recommended nute amounts bring it down to 5.5-ish, just to give you an idea of what sort of a swing you are going to see between the starting water and what happens when you add stuff.
so you think it's ok to just use one part of a 3 part in coco??? what about micro and bloom. I know people use the Lucas formula with just M&B but never have I seen it heard a plant being grown in just grow...

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
  1. Get a ph pen anything is better than nothing but cheep ones break or need calibration every use
  2. You should only use big bud till week 4 maybe 6 can't reu
  3. You should be able to pull a harvest off with what you have it won't be the best but hey it's a learning experience
  4. GET A PH PEN or drops
  5. You really don't need1000 watts to vegg I use floros and sometimes when I have too many I use my spare 600 combined with floros
  6. Get something to raise and lower your ph
  7. Get something for ph or switch up to organics

D

devlin016

I dont want to switch to growing in soil I have to do coco. The hydroponics shop i got the floragrow from the lady running the shop was very nice and helpful she told me there having a big sale in the next couple days so I will go down there then to get a ph pen then. I plan to get t5s to make a veg station next harvest. This is my first big grow so I know its not perfect but on every cycle I plan to improve.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I dont want to switch to growing in soil I have to do coco. The hydroponics shop i got the floragrow from the lady running the shop was very nice and helpful she told me there having a big sale in the next couple days so I will go down there then to get a ph pen then. I plan to get t5s to make a veg station next harvest. This is my first big grow so I know its not perfect but on every cycle I plan to improve.
Yea that's what most of us rec growers do. Piece by piece, grow by grow. I highly recommend adding small bottles of micro and bloom. They are the other 2 parts to the 3 part. A ppm pen and ph pen are not expencive. I think I spent 20 on the pair off eBay. I've used them about 10 months now. And when I go to calibrate which is almost never, they are dead on. No need to calibrate every use. Now my buddy has had to calibrate his a couple times but the calibration solution is way cheaper than an expensive meter.
It's not as hard as it seems when you read and see others problems. Just take it slow and start around 1/4 strength on the nutes and you should be fine.

I also recommend hydroguard to keep root system perfect and healthy. It's about $25 a liter. but is only 2ml per gal so lasts forever.

Good luck brother

xavier7995

xavier7995

so you think it's ok to just use one part of a 3 part in coco??? what about micro and bloom. I know people use the Lucas formula with just M&B but never have I seen it heard a plant being grown in just grow...

I think if thats what you have to work with, then you make it work.

To be perfectly honest though, I was thinking of the bloom:) I think it will work, it won't get you the best results, but it will work.

BuDGooDE

BuDGooDE

In my grow lab I put ac in there for in the summer and heater for winter so I have that taken care off. I live in a rural farming community and we have well water and i was told by other farmers that have crop fields surrounding my house the ph and water is perfect out here. I plan to get a ph pen to get a reading but thats later on in my budget.
Even if you got good water the nutes will change the ph. You gonna need a pen bro.

B

Bigrig271

If you go with general hydroponics, use the bloom and micro, and go with the Lucas formula which is like 6ml micro and 12ml bloom per gallon (might have to look those numbers up), also if you're using coco then their is a modified Lucas formula called the heads formula and that is 6ml micro to 9ml bloom per gallon, and I'm pretty sure 1teaspoon of Epsom salts , and that takes care of Cocos ability to hold onto calcium and magnesium

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I like floranova bloom for a one bottle lucas formula. Great results, cheap, easy, and safe.

F

friend

I started a small coco grow for the first time on a small budget. my setup is 1000watt mh for veging and 1000 watt hps for flowering. i bought smart pots and 10 lbs coco and advance nutrients big bud coco feed. well heres where I might of fucked up I thought that big bud coco was a base like it was all the nutrients i needed to do a coco grow...well im finding out its more of a booster and i dont have any more money in my budget for a official base so its like what do i do now? can I still use big bud coco as a base or will it kill my plants??????

Maxibloom for the win , can be used in veg as well
Used with a dash of epsom salt when needed,
Ph to 5.8-6.2 , set it and for get it, for the easiest cheapest
Cookies you will ever bake :fire:

Latest posts

Top Bottom