I feel like I should be giving these two more water at a time...500 ml every 3 days...any advice would be great...thanks

• Thread starter TomTom420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TomTom420

TomTom420

I feel like i should be giving these two more water at a time500 ml every 3 daysany advice wou
I feel like i should be giving these two more water at a time500 ml every 3 daysany advice wou 2
I feel like i should be giving these two more water at a time500 ml every 3 daysany advice wou 3
I feel like i should be giving these two more water at a time500 ml every 3 daysany advice wou 4
I feel like i should be giving these two more water at a time500 ml every 3 daysany advice wou 5

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
is the container?

that is about 2 cups, if it is in a 5 gal container it needs much more. @Aqua Man made a post on watering here
basically, water till the whole pot of dirt is watered, then let it dry out.

TomTom420

TomTom420

10 gallon grow bags...how much more water should I give em...thanks.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you water, pretty slowly, and do it till there is a tad of run off. what kind of medium is it in? if it is in a living soil you dont want lots of run off. i cant help past that. read that link from aqua man, it will tell you all you need to know.

water, then let dry.

at first, i used an empty bag pot the same size, filled with the dirt, and then i could compare when it was ready for water. the plant bag will feel about as light as the one with just soil. after a bit i learned!

Effendi

Effendi

The idea of more water is ALWAYS a mistake. Let me put that in plain text for the majority.

The absolutely Number 1 problem in growing is overwatering. I have observed more plants with problems that diagnosed with a shortage of Cal/Mag when in reality they are just drowning.

So I can read the title and the lead post on this thread. Grower wants to know how to improve the plants in pic and is searching for something.... he doesn't know what, so the default is always ... Need more water?

There is Nothing wrong with plants in picture. You just can't get a plant to look any greener, better, properly pruned and stingily watered. PERFECT.

I've read and read and read on this board and these new growers keep looking for improvement.

The only thing you need to do is WALK AWAY. Patience is a virtue, allow the plants to do their thing. I know you WANT mo/bettah growth but it's already good.

You want confirmation on their perfection.... Here it is. They are proper. Now do nothing, add no more water, just let them grow already.

Madbud

Madbud

Agree with Effendi, they look fine and will let you know if they get thirsty.

dire wolf

dire wolf

If that's potting soil from the grocery store and you feel like you need to water more , go for it , just keep up with your dry cycle as your doing , your plants look perfect , so whatever your doing is right , go ahead drench em , if they drink up ....fine , but looks like your doing fine now
@Effendi has great advice , though I feel like it's a little zen and will take a lot of time for new and for that matter experienced growers to follow what he's saying ....
Patience , don't overthink and fix everything , listen to your plants grasshopper 🙏🏼

Effendi

Effendi

Alright, I got off my lazy ass and actually uploaded the video I was trying to talk about yesterday.

Point:. EVERYONE uses too much water:.... That's a series of periods to beleaguer the point.

I recently had a discussion with a newer grower friend of mine (named Greg) about NO RUNOFF.

He insists on trying to get a reading from runoff for EC and PH. He uses 75% too much water like everyone else so I made him this vid of my finished pots.

I use 7 gallon Squats, I water by weight, could be 3 days, could be a week. I use EXACTLY 1 gallon of water/nutes when time to water.

There is rarely any runoff, I don't even need collection trays (although I do have them)

This plants have been cut and these roots bottoms are standard for all strains grown.

As you can see by the root bases, There has been very little water added to the life of any of these plants, only the very minimum.

The MOST important thing to take away from this point is I spend very little time in my grow. I prune/water daily as needed and then go flying. That's it.

Enjoy

Effendi

Effendi

What kind of little light you or there ? The plants seem happy
lol, yes they do and yes that little light is cute, Although whatever lumens travel 4 feet are very thin at best.

Drop those lights down on top of those two babies grower. Seriously. with that small a light, get them 12 inches or less from that bulb.

after you set the light down, put your hand between the bulb and the crown. If you can leave your hand there without getting burnt, it's proper.

do it.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
look how big those leaves are... i still think a "2 cups of water every three days" regiment is a bad idea. i also still advise you to read @Aqua Man thread i linked earlier about watering properly.

a ten gallon pot, i am sure, needs more than 2 cups of water every 3 days.

id listen to Aqua Man, he seems to actually know things about things. but, your grow, have fun! im sure i dont know a thing, but i am also sure that Aqua man does know!

TomTom420

TomTom420

lol, yes they do and yes that little light is cute, Although whatever lumens travel 4 feet are very thin at best.

Drop those lights down on top of those two babies grower. Seriously. with that small a light, get them 12 inches or less from that bulb.

after you set the light down, put your hand between the bulb and the crown. If you can leave your hand there without getting burnt, it's proper.

do it.
IMG 20210429 171858721
I just moved my light a lil closer...thanks for the advise...also had a crack at a lil LST
IMG 20210429 170107646
IMG 20210429 170101995
today...first time had to improvise a bit as I didn't have any rubber coated wire lol.

TomTom420

TomTom420

Dosi face...day 50...started feeding last week with diablo nutes...I've increased water to 1 litre twice a week...any advice is greatly appreciated as I am a first timer...thanks
IMG 20210503 211136454
IMG 20210503 211142264
IMG 20210503 211148416
IMG 20210503 211158762
IMG 20210503 211158762
IMG 20210503 211204080

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

look how big those leaves are... i still think a "2 cups of water every three days" regiment is a bad idea. i also still advise you to read @Aqua Man thread i linked earlier about watering properly.

a ten gallon pot, i am sure, needs more than 2 cups of water every 3 days.

id listen to Aqua Man, he seems to actually know things about things. but, your grow, have fun! im sure i dont know a thing, but i am also sure that Aqua man does know!

many growers only water what the plant will use in one day. Takes some skill to get it right. But it doesn’t work better than a proper sized pot and saturate to runoff as long as you don’t water again too soon. But it can help if you like to over water. ;-)

And no excess nute buildup will be washed out so if the plant gets overfed or of the water is high in calcium or iron you can have problems.

Also I dont see the plants that grew in the example pots. That would have added credibility.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Yeah I know it is all condition variant, etc but that seems like a very small amount of water.

Each one of my plants takes about 1/2 gallon of water every 2-3 days. Ballpark.

Latest posts

Top Bottom