I got little pesties bros

• Thread starter DavidMykel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DavidMykel

DavidMykel

What are the little flies on the soil that dont fly? Theyre black with shiny wings not even the size of a pencil tip, are they bad? Theyres no discolorization on the plants, just wanted to know if dangerous, i might be able to catch a pic maybe

freezeland2

freezeland2

They are fungus gnats. Sprinkle some DE on the mediums surface. Hang some pest strips in the vicinity.

DavidMykel

DavidMykel

They are fungus gnats. Sprinkle some DE on the mediums surface. Hang some pest strips in the vicinity.
I font have DE or money to buy sticky strips, im gonna drought'em out, how long should i run dry plants, like long enough to start wilting the plant, i was thinking dont water for 5 days or until they stop crawling, then run like like 2 litres through each pot and wait another 5 days, thats what im thinking, drought'em out

freezeland2

freezeland2

They have larva below the surface chewing the roots until they emerge as adults. Do you have access to sand? If so put a good layer of that on top of medium. Adults can’t get through it to lay their eggs. And the emergents can’t get up to the surface to complete the life cycle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom