I Got These Instead Of Preflowers...

• Thread starter Joe Fresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Looking even more like bracts at this point.
IMO, wait a few more days to be 100% for sure. It ain't like they're going to drop pollen anytime soon.
Even once their balls drop, so to speak, you still have at LEAST a week before they open......
i know i was thinking about that...but i got shit tons of plants more...got atleast 50 plants vegging, and another 150 in preveg, plus another 120 in domes...im thinking the wasted space and electricity migth be better wasted on plants that will produce...

i think im going to steer clear of any RD fem strains from now on....the regs are doing fine

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Stick them over in a corner for a couple days. Move something better into the prime real estate.
Then just monitor them. Its not like the lights ain't already on;)
yeah you got a point i guess.....i guess ill look for a small corner if i can find one

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I'd wait a couple/few more days to see what pops out. Like Nub said, I'd just kick em into the dunce corner and see, for interests sake. Or just chop em. lol

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I'd wait a couple/few more days to see what pops out. Like Nub said, I'd just kick em into the dunce corner and see, for interests sake. Or just chop em. lol
turned out to be herms if anyone was interested...all 3 of them...they were like 90% female flowers, with about 10% male balls, they were hard to find because they were mostly on the smaller side branches

you can clearly see the male sack on the left, and the female flower on the right

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

so thats 3 scotts OG out of 6 beans that hermed...leaving me with 2 left(one germed but didnt sprout)..still got 10 seeds left but im very worried about popping them....think i might just leave em alone...

on another note, i had a skywalker og fem that turned full on hermie...

i wish i could say it was stress, or grower error, but if you look at my roooms you will see nothing but health...no stress at all...so this is pure genetic instability...

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

ok well out the last 2 scotts OG....found my nicer of the 2 was a hermie as well....its fucking killing me how ppl can put out beans where the whole pack hermies out...i mean, if i had of gotten all males, that woul dnot have bothered me...but fucking hermies? ridiculous...i wont be buying anything from RareDankness again...i cant trust their parental stock if this is what happens...if i were to breed with any of their stuff i can only imagine how the outcome would be, ecpecially since these scotts og were regular beans, not fems

G gnome

G gnome

of all the gear im running, its only happening on a few of my scotts OG from Rd....its like this on all the spots where preflowers come up the main stalk up till half way up the plant...then it starts making female preflowers....at first i saw these new branches and when they were just young i thought they were balls, but nope, new branches forming where preflowers would...View attachment 504928 View attachment 504929

so considering this is only happening on one strain, i would assume its genetic....whats your guys assessment on strains that do this, anything special about them you remember?....like extra leafy? hermaphodite traits? extra potent? pure crap? lol
Same thing that happened w my rudeboi and codeblue. Had me all confused lol. Ive never experienced that until now too. Thought it was a face off trait cuz both strains have face off dads. I know what u mean though I thought they were male preflowers at first glance too

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

welcome to my world. I had an entire room of glues get pollinated me and I lost everything for that cycle from ONE fucking plant. stay away from connoisseur genetics strawberries and cream fem seeds if you value your flower room. this happened to a grower 5 states away and myself. we both popped the same strain, same time, same fem seeds, and BOTH hermied within 3 days of each other. he caught his in time, I unfortunately did not.

H

happy b

joe i only see pistils bro.i dont know how many times iv been convinced a plant was herming and only let it go out of curiosity(if it IS a herm it will CLEARLY show itself a good few days before sheding pollen so thers no real harm in waiting)only for them to be great females.patience joe patience.keep a close eye on em and if they turn out herm no prob,cull em out.and even IF a sac or two did grow out and open whats the worste that will hapen?a couple of buds will have a couple of seeds.it wouldnt really affect your crop imo but its really up to you but think about this...can you really risk culling it out and it wasnt a herm and it could have been the one.lol.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

welcome to my world. I had an entire room of glues get pollinated me and I lost everything for that cycle from ONE fucking plant. stay away from connoisseur genetics strawberries and cream fem seeds if you value your flower room. this happened to a grower 5 states away and myself. we both popped the same strain, same time, same fem seeds, and BOTH hermied within 3 days of each other. he caught his in time, I unfortunately did not.
that sucks man...i could not imagine that happen to me...i f lost my prized genetics because of a fucking hermie...i would be really pissed....if i lived in colorado(or somewhere legal) and a genetic hermie ruined my crop, i would seriously be thinking about suing the bean maker...with science as advanced as it is they can find out is a plant is male or female through testing now, so they could find out if a plant is a true hermie from testing as well i would assume...imagine you buy a pack of beans and it ruins a 50k$ crop...having it legalized someone would be held responsible.....imo no different than buying building materials for a house then havign the house collapse because the materials were not up to par or inferior...

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

joe i only see pistils bro.i dont know how many times iv been convinced a plant was herming and only let it go out of curiosity(if it IS a herm it will CLEARLY show itself a good few days before sheding pollen so thers no real harm in waiting)only for them to be great females.patience joe patience.keep a close eye on em and if they turn out herm no prob,cull em out.and even IF a sac or two did grow out and open whats the worste that will hapen?a couple of buds will have a couple of seeds.it wouldnt really affect your crop imo but its really up to you but think about this...can you really risk culling it out and it wasnt a herm and it could have been the one.lol.
they were chopped this morning man...maybe your having a hard time seeing from the pics...but when i spot MALE BALLS randomly on a plant, thats a hermie....not talking about stress nanners, i mean sacks...

i cant risk a crop going down because i wanted to test the waters and see if it would grow out of it....geed genetics should
NEVER have male genitals on a female plant...i can deal with stress nanners at the end of a crop, but i cant deal with hermies..

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

it only ruined my flower room crop. I keep clones and moms of all my strains, for that reason and to have back up plants in case other shit happens. 9 glues in 3.7 gal post = to 3.5zips per pot minimum, 1 og ghost was also douched = 3 zips. so an entire run was ko'd, and now my patients suffer as I had to source meds from a fking dispensary with their sub-par quality shit they peddle on the people who have no clue of what good genetics and quality is. everything ended up in the shatter and bubble pile.

im over it. my next crop will be amazing......from the looks of it currently. maybe the best ever in 4+ years :) and my patients will be happy with me again. lol

I did find 30 viable (full term) seeds in 1 glue plant that was douched by the SC plant (week 3 the SC plant hermied--no balls only nanners/pollen). im gonna test them out 2 at a time. fingers crossed they don't hermie on me and its a viable cross (gorilla glue #4 x strawberries and cream). chances are they will herm, but its worth a try.

OP, some growers when they see balls and female parts, they just rip out the balls and see what happens. sometimes it works out and no more balls, sometimes it doesn't and it still hermies. connoisseur genetics STATES in a thread (over at the mag) this happens on a few of their fem seed strains, and the growers just pluck the balls and runs the plants. some with success, some having to cull the plant.

something to think about.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just popped some femmed (wanted regs, none available) Purple Cheddar by CG. They cost a pretty penny, too. My experience with plants that herm so early on is that they're useless. What's the genetics of the Strawberries and Cream? (Fuck if I can remember what the genetics of the Purple Cheddar are now... :eek: )

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

ill NEVER run another csg strain EVER!!!!

strawberries and cream is kk straw cough x the white. I did find 1 good keeper (out of 5 popped, 1 seed was a dud, 1 threw balls and nanners at wk 3, 1 threw nanners only at 3-5 wks and douched my room, 1 was a keeper, 1 was just so so and NO smell at all and the smoke was blah). she smells just like fruity pebbles cereal. im waiting for this harvest to see if I keep in in the rotation. she MUST yield a minimum of 3 zips or she does not get space in my flower room. space is valuable, even tho I grow in a 8x12x7 I have a lot of room for plants.

good luck with the cheddar. I put out about 100.00 for my pack of strawberries. 100.00 for 1 seed that made it thru harvest. LMFAO. im in the wrong game.

H

happy b

Awww damn!i couldnt see those big buggers from the other pics.thats bang out of order.as u say ,u dont expect regs to herm.the odd nanner can be acceptable but full blown herms in the first few weeks is just them (the breeder)not even testing there gear.if every female in your pack hermed early on you can be damn sure yours arnt the only ones and the breeders are probably well aware of the problem but since theyr already in packs and are being sold the think "fuck it".the arseholes.well i wont be buying any rd gear after reading this.
good luck on your next grow joe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom