I have a question about vape pens

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Not the flower vapes, but the other 'sleeker' looking vape pens, the ones where you pop a cartridge in and suck back on it with the push of a button.

My sister's bf is apparently really sick from smoking these things, he smokes these things all day from the moment he wakes up until he goes to sleep. She said something to the effect of "if you smoke a bunch, it binds to your fat cells and it makes you EXTREMELY sick to the point that you're shitting, puking, pissing, just feeling horrible" is this true? Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening? According to her, this is a real thing and it's been affecting stoners everywhere.

I personally think she's full of shit and whatever they're putting into these vape pen cartridges contains POISON. That's my uninformed opinion though, I tried to tell her that it's not the thc causing this, it's the product/method being used to consume the thc. But she refuses to listen. Hoping you guys can give me some clarity on this so I can pass along the info to her to dispel some of her ignorance.

Or is she right?

R

ritoMox

I smoke flower and don't get sick. I vape nic salts and don't get sick. I do these things "A LOT", so says my beloved Wife🥰
If someone is getting sick from commercial type THC vape, then something is amiss with THOSE vapes. It wasn't long ago when MM was reporting deaths from "VAPING". I personally looked at it as that fake news type shit paid for by big tobacco in an attempt to get their smokers back. Further investigation narrowed it down to THC vapes. So what is being put into those THC vapes, other than THC?
My suspicious view tells me it's all just a ploy for more regulation!✌️

Last edited:
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I've smoke plenty vape cartridges when I'm out in public or on vacation. There was a point where I only smoked vape cartridges because of travel and I've never had an issue or had an adverse side effect, but I have a reputable person I get my cartridges from so I know what's inside. I'm no doctor and I haven't paid a lot of $$ to have my insides examined...but im feeling pretty damn good for my age.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

I smoke flower and don't get sick. I vape nic salts and don't get sick. I do these things "A LOT", so says my beloved Wife🥰
If someone is getting sick from commercial type THC vape, then something is amiss with THOSE vapes. It wasn't long ago when MM was reporting deaths from "VAPING". I personally looked at it as that fake news type shit paid for by big tobacco in an attempt to get their smokers back. Further investigation narrowed it down to THC vapes. So what is being put into those THC vapes, other than THC?
They're putting something toxic into those cartridges and I just know it.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

I've smoke plenty vape cartridges when I'm out in public or on vacation. There was a point where I only smoked vape cartridges because of travel and I've never had an issue or had an adverse side effect, but I have a reputable person I get my cartridges from so I know what's inside. I'm no doctor and I haven't paid a lot of $$ to have my insides examined...but im feeling pretty damn good for my age.
I think they get theirs from the dispensary where my sister works at. I don't trust the dispensary though

R

ritoMox

They're putting something toxic into those cartridges and I just know it.
I don't use those vapes, but everyone that I know who does use them, loves them, and has had no problems. This is why I believe that it's a ploy for more regulation. Virtually impossible to track down any tainted vapes, but just enough to invite scrutiny and regulation. 2¢
Edit: It's called a conundrum, because clearly we want to make sure that we can trust what we are putting into our bodies will not kill us.

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I switched to smoking these vape pens/carts for a few months last year. After a while I could just tell something wasn't right with my breathing & was getting heart palpitations. I realize this is terribly anecdotal and doesn't really contribute much to anything

josefrahl

josefrahl

there is something called cannabis hyperemesis syndrome, which causes alot of those symptoms, its not related to the vape, just thc in general
Yeah, it sound like CHS. Very rare, and only happens in people who are heavy users. When there are bad vapes going around they cause heart and/or respiratory problems. We had bad carts in AZ a couple years back, but they were all illegal buy it on the street carts that were homemade. The dude was cutting them with some cheap chem to make more money.

C

cronicoldguy

That is exactly what led me to this forum. I wanted clean and safe oil for vaping. I dont trust anything found in the shops. Even some of the solvents used. Hell, frigging refrigerant is being used now. The only two solvents I will ever use for extraction is either ethanol or Co2. Or hey, both.

I have been making my own oil for quite a while. But with rudimentary equipment ending with a rudimentary product. Was too viscous to work in vape pens. Not to mention particulate. Researching refinement led me to several forums. I chose to hang around this one. A few posts later, I am making some pretty nice shit that works great in any vape cart I have tried so far. No uglies - No additives. Winterizing and proper filtering is all that is required. Both inexpensive and easy to do.

If making your own oil on a budget, at the very least, invest in a Buchner Funnel and a cheap-ass vacuum pump. Going further with filter mediums such as Celite545 and Activated Charcoal, brings gold. You will thank yourself. The Celite will knock the living shit out of the fats, lipids, and waxes. The Charcoal will take care of the chlorophyll and some uglies. Mix the charcoal directly into the solution after extraction and before evaporation. Then filter out prior to evaporation.

It seems there is still a lot secrecy in the extraction world. Those in the know like to keep it to themselves as there is financial gain. The big guys tell you just enough to make yourself dangerous. I learned a bunch here. But that only led to more and more questions. There are a few here very knowledgeable in the extraction game. Far beyond my knowledge. But they have lives also. I ask and hope for answers. I take what I can get. I will offer all I know.

Ponky

Ponky

Nothing wrong with hexane, butane, propane etc. Lab quality results come from process and ingredients. R134a is a bit out there.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

depending on quality control there could be actually nasty stuff in the carts he is buying. Bodego carts are more suspect then tested dispensery carts.
id advise him to switch to flower for a bit

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Horrible things are goin on with the cannabusinness expanding their sales in the new legal branches....
Yeah those flavoured syntetic vapes are toxic AF but hey, everything that the gov touches quickly turns into shit.....look at tabacco, alcohool and all the toxic junk food that its 100%legal and fills the 90% of the grocery store....nope never trust them!
Look at the stuff they spray on our food and its 100% legal....
Those syntetic THC isolates are just creepy maaan!

Glassdub

Glassdub

I know nothing about oil vape, just dry herb, what are good ones?

Ponky

Ponky

I know nothing about oil vape, just dry herb, what are good ones?
Cartridges suck. You want a YoCan with 4 elements. And you put distillate or live resin or shatter in them. Needs 4 elements to be a smoky enough hit. The tip is for reusable water bottles
20221002 103902

Glassdub

Glassdub

Cartridges suck. You want a YoCan with 4 elements. And you put distillate or live resin or shatter in them. Needs 4 elements to be a smoky enough hit. The tip is for reusable water bottles
Thanks, I'm not seeing element #'s listed though. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom