I have built some crazy leds

• Thread starter BudgetGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Just realized we are on the exact same day in flower. You sir are growing you some certified yard sticks !!!

It’s glorious. 😭

B

BudgetGrower

Thanks Captspaulding, I may have a few large plants but you have over 100 plants in your room, your pulling lbs and I will pulling oz's 😉
I forgot about my cucumber plant in my clone cabinet 😲
20230713 223346

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I forgot about my cucumber plant in my clone cabinet 😲
View attachment 2008070
Oh shit! It’ll be ok though, if you had any cucumbers on it, they will just drop off and try again. Also bro, it’s not about how much one pulls, it’s about the love put into it, don’t matter if it’s 1 plant or 100. I just respect the craft. Your pulling up some crazy colas outta those things brother. they are growing as big as fucking outdoor plants indoor. You ain’t t playing around either!

B

BudgetGrower

My best results so far knocked the bulb wattage down to 6w, thinking about removing the parallel resister and using metalic clear gloss(max temperature 50c) but with results like this I am tempted, could add another 15-20%

B

BudgetGrower

After spending over 100 hours on this project(any free time I would watching Netflix etc) and about £100 on paint paint masks and cans of spray I have a good result, well on the first test run.
20230727 084922

The reflector puts out 10,600lux @12" with a 6.1w led bulb( reduced a 13.3w bulb down to 6.1)
The disadvantage is the paint maximum temperature is 50c but I have tested the 6.1w bulb and they have not reached 40c( normally around 30c with good airflow, room temperature 25c)
lux per watt at 12", the bulbs are nearly 110% more effective vs 13.3w bulbs(no reflector)
It's been a lot of work but the results are really good, they are safe no chance of the foil coming lose and touching the chips etc

If I keep getting the same results I will use this on all my bulbs and move onto the next stage, build the lights, the arch light system was a total over kill, results are good but way too much light in the room.

Rusty74

Rusty74

After spending over 100 hours on this project(any free time I would watching Netflix etc) and about £100 on paint paint masks and cans of spray I have a good result, well on the first test run.
View attachment 2014382
The reflector puts out 10,600lux @12" with a 6.1w led bulb( reduced a 13.3w bulb down to 6.1)
The disadvantage is the paint maximum temperature is 50c but I have tested the 6.1w bulb and they have not reached 40c( normally around 30c with good airflow, room temperature 25c)
lux per watt at 12", the bulbs are nearly 110% more effective vs 13.3w bulbs(no reflector)
It's been a lot of work but the results are really good, they are safe no chance of the foil coming lose and touching the chips etc

If I keep getting the same results I will use this on all my bulbs and move onto the next stage, build the lights, the arch light system was a total over kill, results are good but way too much light in the room.
Nice work bro, looks like your tuning things in nicely, I'm currently running an auto as I'm desperate for a toke lol, been 2 months 😭... I've upped my homemade light by Instslling bigger bulbs on this grow, not that I wasn't happy with my last one but like you trying to do better lol. She turned 3 days ago so the time is now ticking.. I started lst a little earlier on this one and looks like I might have a few more tops 😍.. Wish me luck and you too 🙏

20230727 184118
20230727 184145
B

BudgetGrower

Nice work bro, looks like your tuning things in nicely, I'm currently running an auto as I'm desperate for a toke lol, been 2 months 😭... I've upped my homemade light by Instslling bigger bulbs on this grow, not that I wasn't happy with my last one but like you trying to do better lol. She turned 3 days ago so the time is now ticking.. I started lst a little earlier on this one and looks like I might have a few more tops 😍.. Wish me luck and you too 🙏
Things are going really well but I am being pushed in the direction removing one resister and running the bulbs at 6.1w, the other day one of the bulbs with foil on hit 12,000 lux I was very surprised, I would get all the reflectors chromed but looking online it could cost £20 each 😟 and they may hit 15,000 lux but I would still need 50 reflectors, so that's a no go imo, the safest option and cheapest option is for me to spray them chrome from a can, don't really work(results in a very high gloss silver reflector) and its very cheap(£4 a can) and quick to spray but reflects enough light(10,000 lux, 1640 lux per watt) to be a worth while option IMO, I would need 64 bulbs to cover a 2.2m x 1m room. my current flower room(not the the one with the arch) has 42 x 17w led bulbs (742w) good amount of light, but checked a 17w bulb and its hitting 14,000 lux (823 lux per watt), just checked, 13.3w leds work out (827lux per watt without reflectors) at 12"

So the 6.1w led with the reflector and give out double the light, so I will need about 390w (64 bulbs) that's about 16w per ft2, that will save me over £500 per year and the lights should last a very long time.

0.742kWh(current lights) - 0.390kwh(new lights) = 0.352kwh(saved electric)
0.352(saved electric) x 12(hours the lights on) = 4.224 kw(total power saved per day)
4.224(total power saved per day) x 0.34p(cost per kwh) = £1.43p(money saved per day)
£1.43p x 365(days) = £521(money saved) in one of the flower rooms
in both the flower rooms and the veg room I would save over £1200 per year and more because I can use a smaller fan etc

Your plant looks great, short and bushy, really that's the way I like to grow.

Last edited:
B

BudgetGrower

Just pulled down the plant in the back right, this plant was receiving less light because its a about 1ft shorter than the rest, but it was ready, the rest need a another week.
20230730 101431

Going to pull 4-6ozs off this plant.

B

BudgetGrower

I chopped the small plant and about 5 days ago I chopped a lot of the longer cola's that where close to the led bulbs and hung them on the left, green one at the far end so you can see the difference, left one good size plant in the pot so I could take a video and the rest are on the right, when I finished, there was 2 metal poles in a line(2.4m long) and the cola's where all in a line, had to push them up, only just got them all on the poles
very happy with the result.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I chopped the small plant and about 5 days ago I chopped a lot of the longer cola's that where close to the led bulbs and hung them on the left, green one at the far end so you can see the difference, left one good size plant in the pot so I could take a video and the rest are on the right, when I finished, there was 2 metal poles in a line(2.4m long) and the cola's where all in a line, had to push them up, only just got them all on the poles
very happy with the result.
Donkeys everywhere are feeling inadequate.

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Huh do guys add a extra 0 to the end of numbers or something

Like three thousand dollars becomes $3,0000 instead of $3,000
I’m not sure why they put so many 0’s but the light I think your talking about is only $15.30 that’s a period not a comma

Top Bottom