i have questions about my temp/rh

• Thread starter ATIK427
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ATIK427

i'm at 82.5 right now...i've been fighting it down from 86 all day..i feel like thats bad..am i trippin? let me know please my RH is at about 42% i'm trying to get it to 50...i put a mason jar with water and no lid...is this okay or should i be doing something else? i'm not a total beginer but i'm trying to fine tune everything and any help would be greatly apreciated. thank you

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If the plants are inside, yes, you want to get those temps down a bit. 82 is about the hottest you want to let it get. As for RH, wet a towel and hang it up. Surface area = higher evaporation rates which equal higher RH.

A

ATIK427

nice..thank you verry much. is there anything i can do aside from adding another fan to bring down my temp? i have 2 fans going already.

C

casmel

best thing that helps is bigger intake fan opening and or a coolhood or a cooltube .

A

ATIK427

thank you seamaiden. do you know anything about super snowcap by chance?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, I don't. I know a little bit aobut Icecaps (ballasts made for minireefers), but not Snowcap.

A

ATIK427

i got my temp down, but i can't seem to get my humidity up i've tried the towel and it dosn't seem to be helping. any other ideas?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wetted towel hung in such a manner as to allow air movement across it should be bringing humidity up. If it's still too dry, the only other things I can suggest would be to make a humidity tray (cookie sheet filled with gravel, then add water to the top of the gravel) or get a humidifier in there.

jammie

jammie

it takes awhile to raise RH because all the stuff in the room (drywall, concrete ect) has to absorb moisture so the air RH remains stable. get a vaporizer and run it 24/7

Top Bottom