i made a greenhouse

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey Who ever is reading this,

Do you think I need to shade plants I bring into the gh for couple days?

I mean to harden them....Is two layers of 4ml enough to shade them?

or how about cloudy days?...

thanks
At this time of year I think they'll be fine.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
took a few pics this morning at sun up

outside.........inside

Outsidetemp1228Insidetemp1228Lol1228Volentrers1228

Last pic is volunteers from a batch of bubble hashed buds
they are growing in the rocks out in the driveway in this cold

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hey ken i thinking covering the floor with a bale of hay would help ........
Thanks Val. :) That sounds easy enough for me..

well Im going for it

These 1st recruits are these Light starved, Stretched out, mite bitten, nute locked plants :confused::(

Lets watch what happens o_O

1stplantsout1228
Bed3 1228
Bed4 1228

it gets dark around 5
I have the timer set for the lights and the heater to come on at 1:30 am and go back off at 4;30

the sun comes up at 7am and the GH warms up quick..

so we shall see

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks for the likes :)
Im just winging it....

8 of these are on my shopping list for tomorrow..;)

Twoway

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hey AliGee, :)
As soon I know its safe in there,
..Im gonna put a few forum cut AliGee Cookies out there :D

And Then Pop some of yer killer Beans out there too!! :)

K

kolah

Looks killer, Ken.

One time I tried lining my beds with hay and it turned disasterous. The hay got wet from watering and created mold issues. The fucking shit was everywhere. Be careful of that. Hay can also have seeds in it and "weeds and stuff" may spout in your beds. Straw may be a better option but I still would avoid getting it overly wet. Poor ventilation and excess water are bad news.

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Looks killer, Ken.

One time I tried lining my beds with hay and it turned disasterous. The hay got wet from watering and created mold issues. The fucking shit was everywhere. Be careful of that. Hay can also have seeds in it and "weeds and stuff" may spout in your beds. Straw may be a better option but I still would avoid getting it overly wet. Poor ventilation and excess water are bad news.

I agree but you could use a blend of different sized bark mulch you want an even distribution of sizes from about an inch or so down to a dust almost. This will help hold and keep proper moisture levels as well as insulate the bedding for your plants. In effect two birds with one stone. After all its how mother nature works in the forrest. ;)

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Lookin good ken! diggin the coil heater in the GH haha........ Take it easy man, it'll be interesting to see how they do through the winter

Aligee

Aligee

Hey AliGee, :)
As soon I know its safe in there,
..Im gonna put a few forum cut AliGee Cookies out there :D

And Then Pop some of yer killer Beans out there too!! :)
oh ya i cant wait to see them cookies turn into bushes in there, must say she packs quit a punch im impressed with her so far, youll enjoy them genetics there some vigorous seedstock, im digging that GH you did here.. i could use one Ha!!

drbombay

drbombay

the second layer of plastic sheathing looks to have reduced the underwall infiltration. It should also provide a way out for the cold between the plastic sheets. i think a bit of insulation on the interior footing will help even more. i have severe mold when using hay in the winter. if you recieve enough sun infiltration a crushed stone floor on the paths will hold some heat in. did you put the drop ceiling in? if so are you monitering the highs in the dead space above?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Everybody...its and adventure and im loving it...Glad you guys are with me. :)

the GH is working :D
I went out this morning at 7 and its was 43* in there :)
(33 outside)
The Plants look Happy!!!

the second layer of plastic sheathing looks to have reduced the underwall infiltration. It should also provide a way out for the cold between the plastic sheets. i think a bit of insulation on the interior footing will help even more. i have severe mold when using hay in the winter. if you recieve enough sun infiltration a crushed stone floor on the paths will hold some heat in. did you put the drop ceiling in? if so are you monitering the highs in the dead space above?
Crushed Rock! That would be great. and it would hold some heat..
not sure I wanna spend the money...or do the work though o_O

yeah, I draped plastic over some ceiling joists...It helped a hella lot.

No, why would I monitor the space above?o_O

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
dear diary,
the Plants in the GH look so happy this morning, I made another Bed .. ;)
More Root Bound,Mite eaten, nute locked and light starved clones
Bed21229

Do you think they are wrecked?

Or

will they snap out of it?

drbombay

drbombay

the dead space acts as a big insulator, but the plastic transfers the heat too quickly. you can end up giving some of the heat back to the outside during the heat/daylight hours. sometimes, (so much of this is climate specific). in short cold cycles it is worth exchanging this heat to rock bed, or soil or water. for night/cold cycle. i have pulled through 4 inch ads in soil and in rock pathways. in one house i transferred the excess eave temps into recycled hydronic floorboard heat exchangers. all part of the madscientist creed.

i meant to add to the above; now that the goodies are in beware the mouse invasion.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
the dead space acts as a big insulator, but the plastic transfers the heat too quickly. you can end up giving some of the heat back to the outside during the heat/daylight hours. sometimes, (so much of this is climate specific). in short cold cycles it is worth exchanging this heat to rock bed, or soil or water. for night/cold cycle. i have pulled through 4 inch ads in soil and in rock pathways. in one house i transferred the excess eave temps into recycled hydronic floorboard heat exchangers. all part of the madscientist creed.

i meant to add to the above; now that the goodies are in beware the mouse invasion.

If you read my threads you will see, Im a lazy farmer :cool:
Im..not gonna get fancy with this GH.
Im sure all the plastic on the walls will be gone in may
and I will wrap it again in Nov.;)

But Someday I Hope to Have a Big Huge Professorial GH :D

with a swimming pool and Bar b q ;)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I just ordered 500 Redworms for my GH soil for 50 bucks....from Jims Worm Farm..no affiliation.
those are great to have in the soil...do you gotta make sure they have stuff in the soil to eat?

I Googled and found Uncle jims worms

1000 Red Wigglers

Price: $18.95
plus 6 bucks to ship

Top Bottom