i made a greenhouse

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
My mouse/rat problem is in the basement. It'd be mean to lock up kitty in the basement like that. Not that it hasn't happened, but it's always been accidental.

Ken, when you say too big, do you mean the traps or the 'mice'?
I meant the "mice" are too big for the traps. Just a guess though
..Have you found Mouse poop?
When we have had mice in the garage or (seatrain container) there is always a Distinctive smell.
I would rather clean cat litter boxes then deal with mice again

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Over the years I've found what looked to be mouse poop in the garage, but not the basement, and not this year. And I've been thinking that the 'mice' are indeed too big for the traps, so we're going with rat traps. If those don't work, we may have to go with live-catch traps, and if those don't work, the detestable sticky traps. I HATE those things.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Over the years I've found what looked to be mouse poop in the garage, but not the basement, and not this year. And I've been thinking that the 'mice' are indeed too big for the traps, so we're going with rat traps. If those don't work, we may have to go with live-catch traps, and if those don't work, the detestable sticky traps. I HATE those things.
Yeah those are pretty cruel and a PITA..anything sticky gets stuck on me. :confused:

I have used lots of traps inside and out...
and I cant remember every catching anything outside.o_O
Small snap traps and big snap traps. I had a bunch out there last year.
The plastic bottles on the trunks were my best defense..

Before I started growing mmj, We grew veggies...all the critters loved em!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You read my mind BEFORE I EVEN THOUGHT IT!

Consider it blown.

****************************************************************************​
In the meantime in Sea's basement....​
Oh, someone mentioned mice? How the fuck do you get them to get nailed in the snap traps? Seriously. They've tripped two traps, haven't touched the cashew, but are eating the fuck out of my biggest heirloom squashes (Marina di Chiogga, completely ugly, rather tasty, I used a young one for pumpkin pie and it was awesomejuice). I think I'm breeding the little fuckers.

Or... could it be rats? The bite marks were looking like mice to me, but the traps haven't gotten a thing so I think whatever it/they is/are is big enough to trip the trap, but isn't getting caught. Too fast? Too big?
try peanut butter in place of that cashew sea.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Try owning a lion! No one fucks with the lion............but i guess a few domestic cats would do..haha take it easy man

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Try owning a lion! No one fucks with the lion............but i guess a few domestic cats would do..haha take it easy man
I wont even say how many cats we have now;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We'd have to leave the cats trapped in the basement for a few days at least, I'm sure.
try peanut butter in place of that cashew sea.
We stuck the cashew onto the trap with a schmear of peanut butter. The first two traps were peanut butter + apple.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thinking out loud here

Im looking at the sun rise and set calender
and trying to find a flip date..o_O (when I quit the sup. lighting)

Febuary 15th is still 11 hours light

Sunrise: 6:38am
Sunset: 5:36pm

but 60 days later

April 15th

Sunrise: 6:22am
Sunset: 7:24pm

^^That's 11 hours Dark.

Is that enough Dark to keep them in flower that late? o_O
Or will they Reveg. because of the increase in lights hours?:confused:

I dont wanna Light dep. :(
But I sure as hell dont want any reveg!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You'll have to light dep, because once we're past the solstice and headed toward the equinox the light hours are going to increase, and that *will* cause revegetative growth patterns to be switched back on.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
You'll have to light dep, because once we're past the solstice and headed toward the equinox the light hours are going to increase, and that *will* cause revegetative growth patterns to be switched back on.
:( well that sucks..and is not the answer I wanted..
But I kinda knew that.

We are past the equinox and the days are already getting longer...
maybe I will flip them sooner....and just lite dep the last few weeks ?

the gh gets 16 hours of light right now. 10 hours of sun and 6 sup. lighting
I know they will start to flower when I stop the sup lites

How soon will the plants recognize that the days are getting longer?

If I stop the lights round Valentines day (feb14) they will be getting just 11 hours of sun..

Maybe I could get away with covering them a month later when the 12/12 days start ?

:confused:

I guess I could start blacking out the north wall now...that would make it warmer in there

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
:mad: shit.
If I had taken better care of these plants I could just flip them now...

But they are just comming out of their rootbound little 1 gal. and two gallon pots

I wanna get some nice roots going on them again before I flower them.:confused:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I haven't played around with a dark phase photoperiod shorter than 12hrs for plants I wasn't going to put out, and so don't know how to do much of anything other than keep them in veg. The increasing light phase is what's making this problematic if you don't have a light deprivation system worked out. I agree, I'd want to see them recover a bit, but that post-flip period could be sufficient. Is it worth it to try it?

drbombay

drbombay

nighttime lows in the 40s should stop mite reproduction cold. watch forover watering. i spend too much time during cold days in the altered climate daze. single digits nights of late have forced a small heater. still 10am 15out 63in. soil temp is struggling at 45. winter:mad:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I haven't played around with a dark phase photoperiod shorter than 12hrs for plants I wasn't going to put out, and so don't know how to do much of anything other than keep them in veg. The increasing light phase is what's making this problematic if you don't have a light deprivation system worked out. I agree, I'd want to see them recover a bit, but that post-flip period could be sufficient. Is it worth it to try it?

Thanks for the Feedback Sea I appreciate it.
I hope I dont seem stupid:rolleyes: and indecisive
But
I have to go for it...what ever it takes... I can figure a way to lie dep em.

I have done several successful lite dep harvests..... It a pain though

Let's say, I turn the sup lites out on Feb. 15th.....they will be getting 13 hours dark
By March 15th they will be gettting 12/12...
Lets say I start lite depping in March...

what time do I cover them? :confused:
they are only getting 12 hours light o_O

If it were a normal light dep...I would cover them 12 hours after sun up..

I guess I will figure some thing out..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I hope im not confusing anyone or pissing them off...lol

What Im asking /wondering and probably will find out for myself is,

Will the slow increase in light hours for 11 to 12 be enough to make them Reveg?

Im think im gonna have to find out for myself though...I will just watch closely
and start covering if I see signs of revege I guess

Or I could cover them for 5 min. the 1st day...then 10 min the next and so on;)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
nighttime lows in the 40s should stop mite reproduction cold. watch forover watering. i spend too much time during cold days in the altered climate daze. single digits nights of late have forced a small heater. still 10am 15out 63in. soil temp is struggling at 45. winter:mad:
Yeah..I dont like winter.....But yeah, I dont think I will have mite problems out there :)

I just hope Im growing some roots right now..
Gonna be nice sunny day here
Today
clear.gif
55 °F
Clear

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I would definatly flip em early then supplement. If ya go the other route either way the girls are gonna be stressin and dependin on how cold is it out there their prolly stressin a bit already not to mention growin alot slower, if ya think the roots are gettin cold i would give um some supplemental heat. let us no what ya wind up doin it'll help me alot once i mimick your setup this spring:D. Take it easy

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for the Feedback Sea I appreciate it.
I hope I dont seem stupid:rolleyes: and indecisive
But
I have to go for it...what ever it takes... I can figure a way to lie dep em.

I have done several successful lite dep harvests..... It a pain though

Let's say, I turn the sup lites out on Feb. 15th.....they will be getting 13 hours dark
By March 15th they will be gettting 12/12...
Lets say I start lite depping in March...

what time do I cover them? :confused:
they are only getting 12 hours light o_O

If it were a normal light dep...I would cover them 12 hours after sun up..

I guess I will figure some thing out..
You don't seem dumb. I can't remember if these are clones (already sexed) or seed starts, but whether or not you include photoperiod interruption in the scheme (that means lighting them up, there are a couple of ways to handle this) at this point depends on whether or not they're clones or seed starts.

I think that, yes, if they're clones, the slow increase in daylight phase will cause them to go back into vegetative phase. I can't remember right now if they're starting to flower, either, and again that makes a difference because if they are, I would want to stop it or control it. If they are, then no supplemental light, no extension of the daylight phase, or interruption of the dark phase.

With me so far? Remember, you're switching phytochromes off and on here, the plant keeps track, so you have to, too.

IF they're seed starts and have NOT begun to flower, then I would EITHER interrupt the dark phase, or extend the daylight phase. Both methods will keep the plant in its vegetative growth phase.

Still with me?

So, to sum up... or, can I do a flow or yes/no chart? Let's see if I can conceptualize it in my head well enough to put it into the electronic ethersphere.....

SEED?
YES ---> Let mature naturally, the natural shortening of the dark phase of the photoperiod will not cause flowering to begin.
NO ---> Must manipulate photoperiod in order to manipulate growth phases (known as vegetative and regenerative, or in the common nomenclature "flowering").
You can use one of two methods: Interruption of dark phase; that means lighting them up for a sufficiently long period to interrupt the dark phase (I use two 2hr interruptions during the dark phase, with the daylight matched to the day I plan to put them out. All you need to know here is that interrupting the dark phase works to keep them in vegetative growth),
OR, you can extend the daylight phase by lighting up at sunrise and/or sunset.

Beyond that point, use the light deprivation method that you've used successfully in the past. This is how I would manipulate the growth phases using both light deprivation and supplementation techniques.

drbombay

drbombay

you can use your sup lights to make the days appear the same length or decreasing for the first weeks. some plants will kick into flower well below 12 hours dark. depending on the latitude of the genetics. like first week of july outdoors. in the end you will need lightdep. harvest some garage door tracking for the drop ceiling. it always seems available will add evening ambiance for the cave. not sure where one gets lions. lastly for mice my secret weapon is slices of milky way bar. the gooey caramel sticks right to the trap bail. no idea why the mice find them irresistable.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Again Sea and Drbombay :)

Yeah It seems easy to Keep plants in Veg...Sup lights or Interruption..
I weas gonna go the two hour interruption at 1am...but I wanted growth,
so I just keep the lites on till 7am ;)

Its gonna be all clones in the GH ...these are clones that probably should be tossed anyway..
I took a boat load of clones back in aug. ....way too many...I put some out in Oct...and harvested them at the end of Nov. :) I still had too many plants for the lighting and the space I was working/
So I didnt have room for the larger pots they all were needing....
I shoulda Culled some...I cant cull
I planed on just saving a good Mother of each pheno and strain (still am)
So,
I have a few dozen would be mother plants that look like this o_O
E1 mom 1 4

Ewok#1

:rolleyes: this clone is typical.... it's 5 months old...
and should have been transplanted 3 month ago :confused:

I dont wanna flip them like this, if I have to lite dep them..
Lite dep is work and I will have be here every evening
So I want that work to pay off..I dont think they are worth it they way they are..

So, I guess, we will all see, if I can get them to recover....:cool:

When or if they do recover, and look like I might get something from them..
then I will shut the lights off and start the light dep a few weeks later
I think:confused:

Top Bottom