I miss my 3 part! But Canna & H&G taste better...

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Oh, and I won't use AN just out of principal. I don't care if they make a product that will make your plants grow bricks of gold, with diamond and pearl studded buds, I won't use that shit...

Lol, still don't get this mentality. I don't bother with advertising, i don't look at anything that has any ads anyways. lol. And my sensi 2pt is $12/liter...pretty cheap to me...especially compared to HG and Canna. think its just a biz sentiment that folks are still clinging to.

Again after trying a LOT of buds, i still am not that much of a fan of canna/hg- simply too sweet and not actual complex of buds. Have switched numerous grows over to AN from HG and they never looked back. And i honestly don't know anything/ever tried the GH line up. Only Canna, some HG, Roots Organic, Age Old, AN, and some GO line up. Still prefer the finished product of Age Old, AN and Roots. Super soil still being the best. I know there are loads of science stuff here and there, but it really boils down to grower skill imo. From there skilled growers can nail down a line with same plants and figure what works best. AN was the most consistent for me in product between organic v. salts but still has sweeter/floral complexes than organics.

Not in the least trying to get you to use AN, but just think its a little narrow minded view when it comes down to finished product. Funny folks are doing coco veg, doing that these days too with AN/coco for veg to keep pot size down/growth fast then to super soil/organics for bloom.

Green Mopho why dont you like advanced>>that sounds kinda silly what u say as hammerhead is the shit:harvest::harvest::harvest:

gtd:passingjoint:

Hammerhead is most def the shit. Don't even mess with their other bud enhancers...the hammerhead/MOAB gotta be tits.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah coco veg rocks man u can use smaller containers fit more under a light and when u up pot they just blow up. also if some are ahead of others u can leave them in a container longer to let the others catch up.

M

mrdizzle

Hammerhead is most def the shit. Don't even mess with their other bud enhancers...the hammerhead/MOAB gotta be tits.

when talking about this combo, are you saying use them together at the same time for use hammerhead from wk3-wk6 then MOAB from wk 6-7?

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Not in the least trying to get you to use AN, but just think its a little narrow minded view when it comes down to finished product. Funny folks are doing coco veg, doing that these days too with AN/coco for veg to keep pot size down/growth fast then to super soil/organics for bloom.

I just can't do it bro...I know, I know...but Big Mike and Rosebud magazine and all the advertisements and a billion additives and boosters....maybe their products work, but they sure as hell like to confuse and bombard their customer base and over-advertise...I just can't mess with a company like that simply out of principal, no matter the finished product. Plus, AN did score high on the list for impurities and heavy metals. Canna came out the cleanest. People seem to like my H&G grown buds, can't say I've ever smoked anything grown with AN that was to my fancy...

IMO...if you want good cheap nutes...Botanicare or Roots
if you want good expensive nutes...H&G or CANNA

And yea, veg in coco, bloom in organic soil/soiless is the way to go!

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

Have you tried Cutting Edge Solutions 3 part?

There plant amp, uncle johns, & magamp are also very good.

true grit

true grit

I just can't do it bro...I know, I know...but Big Mike and Rosebud magazine and all the advertisements and a billion additives and boosters....maybe their products work, but they sure as hell like to confuse and bombard their customer base and over-advertise...I just can't mess with a company like that simply out of principal, no matter the finished product. Plus, AN did score high on the list for impurities and heavy metals. Canna came out the cleanest. People seem to like my H&G grown buds, can't say I've ever smoked anything grown with AN that was to my fancy...

IMO...if you want good cheap nutes...Botanicare or Roots
if you want good expensive nutes...H&G or CANNA

And yea, veg in coco, bloom in organic soil/soiless is the way to go!

Lol, guess i just don't pay attention to the crap. Pick what i need that works, find out which of those aren't needed, and get down to the nitty gritty. hehe. Which is probably why it doesn't bother me, i only use about 10% of the line and don't even know what the rest does. Base nutes, bud candy, and hammerhead. I do like roots stuff for soil tho for sure.

when talking about this combo, are you saying use them together at the same time for use hammerhead from wk3-wk6 then MOAB from wk 6-7?

Yeah i bumper my hammerhead back to week 4/5 depending on strain and feed til wk7/8 and only dump some MOAB in 7/8. Bump back the base feed/hammerhead by half tho when ya hit with MOAB tho.

Have you tried Cutting Edge Solutions 3 part?

There plant amp, uncle johns, & magamp are also very good.

Haven't tried these yet, but have a couple boxes of samples. Have any grow logs using them? heard one of the CES dudes is on here often.

K

kushtrees

The hammerhead moab combo still rocks after like three changes to hammerhead? Ive been wanting to try it but it seems like AN keeps reformulating it/ not reformulating it but giving it different lables, makes me weary to try honestly.

CES mag amp is just epsom salt btw

true grit

true grit

Pretty 100% sure Hammerhead is the same shit just relabeled. Pretty sure GTD broke it down a while back...

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

My buddy has ran CES and said its crap, just a cheap rip off of GH 3-part. Very pH unstable and lots of impurities. Plant Amp is Calcium Chloride...why do you need that chloride atom bonded to calcium? Plants don't need chloride, in fact most of us buy water filters to get rid of chloride, and there are plenty of other calcium compounds that are more usable to a plant, such as calcium nitrate, calcium carbonate, calcium oxide, calcium phosphate, calcium silicate, etc.

I've heard of people using Plant Amp at the recommended dosage and it drops their pH into the 4.x's...but then is back up at 6.5 the next day...thats way too unstable for me....

Take true grit's advice and get a bottle of Calplex instead...

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

I have been running the full CES line for over a year, however I don't have anything to compare it to. My biggest complaint is it's really hard to dial in any taste that translates well to the smoke. Seems like everything I've grown in it turns out kind of bland in the smoke department. When you get it dialed in with your plant it will produce.

With the 91 Chem I was able to pull a little over a QP in a 1 gallon pot. Hardest hitting medicine I've ever had. However the buds ended up being on the soft side which has me concerned.

I called CES and asked them how to use Plant Amp and have been doing it this way for awhile.

Add all the nutes to the res, adjust PH to 5.8 - 6.0, then add plantamp. This will drop the PH to 4.3. But if you check the run off in a day or so it's always at 5.8 or 6.0 and the plants really seem to love it. According to the engineers at CES it's there best product.

Just picked up some MOAB so I'm looking forward to trying the Hammerhead / MOAB slam.

For the guys that are growing Chem, drain to waste, what have you found to bring out the best essence, that equates to taste?

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I'm a huge fan of H&G. I run their Soil A/B base along with Magical and Algen
Extract during veg. During flower I cut the Algen and add Multi-Zen during the first two weeks. At week 3 I cut the Multi and start adding Massive (Green Planet) with the base. Week 4 I add Bud XL into the mix along with Pure Flowers. Week 5 is the same. Week six I cut pure flowers and add Top booster. Week 7 I cut Top Booster out and add moab through week 8. Then I flush for the week and a half and harvest after. That's my spin on it.

The Joker

The Joker

I'm guilty of getting too many bloom boosters, so I am just using them up.

But I've had great success with Gh 3 part ( I use two formulas) and Budswell. No ph down, just 1 tsp to 1 tbsp of buswel tea. The powdered stuff is only useful in compost tea or as a soil additive. If you use budswel, you cannot use Koolbloom or MOAB.

10-14 days flush. Sometimes I just add budswel in the week before last.

I've been using up MOAB and KoolBloom powder. You only need a tiny bit.

I tried canna and it was also good. Vega and Flores with PK 13/14 or whatever it is.

Top Bottom