I Need a new grinder

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

Santa Cruz user here. I like to argue that 4 stage grinders are counterintuitive. Why would I want a screen that steals my trichomes? If I wanted kief I would make some bubble or dry sift and do it right.

I’m also a firm believer in only grinding what you can smoke within a short time period. Pre ground weed that sits out start volatilizing pretty quickly.
Most nowadays allow you to remove the screen stage piece.

P

PahPahCee

Right on! That’s the problem with grinders. They last a life time. Mine is probably over a decade old now. No idea what’s out there.

I went into a dispo the other day and they had a dinky cookies electric grinder for an absurd amount of money. Seems a bit unnecessary but whatever floats your boat.

2Bad

2Bad

Yeah mane the one crossfader recommended on pg 3 is what I just got and it's amazing. took the screen stage piece out. love it slices through sticky buds like butter.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I have lots of grinders. Spacecase has great fit and finish. I have an old mendo mulcher that's pretty cool too. Those are all teeth based. If you want to try something different that works well, I'd go for a blade style grinder. Mine is a knock off of the lyft grinder which is $140, to rich for me. These are easy to turn and quarter turn access to all sections is really nice. I also use my electric coffee grinder because they are just to easy to use. Some kif gets knocked off but I just put the loose kif in the bowl. Pulsing is the way to go.

079CCDCA 851C 4EA0 8618 4F32F71E1AB6
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Can't bring myself to spend a buck fitty on a grinder. I use the shitty acrylic ones and they do fine for me.

Might have to hit up Wally World and pick up a coffee grinder.....

ninjadip

ninjadip

Can't bring myself to spend a buck fitty on a grinder. I use the shitty acrylic ones and they do fine for me.

Might have to hit up Wally World and pick up a coffee grinder.....
An electric coffee grinder is on my Christmas list for the wife to get me, just to use as a grinder. I have what I think is a nice handheld one but it just gets old. I remember using a coffee grinder when I was a kid running the streets lol. I could come home throw some buds in, hit the button, and roll one up all in under a minute from start to finish and be back out the door. And when times were bad I always had kief to scrape out of there and take me to the moon

It's definitely convenient.

crossfader

crossfader

Used the coffee grinder one time to grind up some weed...man did I hear about that from the wife!😆

I'm thinking Santa is going to leave me a electric grinder under the tree. I'll still keep/use my old grinders but I like the ease of just hitting a button or switch and having a nice pile for vaping at will✌️

D

Dr.Dave

What’s out there that I should look at?
Santa Cruz Shredders makes a single-stage heavy aluminum grinder that produces the smallest, fluffiest grind you've ever seen. It's equipped with an ultra-strong magnet which keeps this unit closed tightly as you grind. It has 36 cutting columns, each column tapered into a four-sided scalpel giving you 144 internal blades that cut smoothly.
What’s out there that I should look at?
I use a large single-stage Santa Cruz Shredder that has an incredibly strong magnet that keeps the shredder perfectly closed during shredding. It has 36 columns, each one sporting four razor sharp sides, or 144 cutting blades that make the smallest, fluffiest grind.

Downside: if you have big hands it can be hard to grip properly in order to turn it. To solve this problem, break up your week into smaller pieces with your fingers, which helps to avoid jamming.
I

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Santa Cruz Shredders makes a single-stage heavy aluminum grinder that produces the smallest, fluffiest grind you've ever seen. It's equipped with an ultra-strong magnet which keeps this unit closed tightly as you grind. It has 36 cutting columns, each column tapered into a four-sided scalpel giving you 144 internal blades that cut smoothly.

I use a large single-stage Santa Cruz Shredder that has an incredibly strong magnet that keeps the shredder perfectly closed during shredding. It has 36 columns, each one sporting four razor sharp sides, or 144 cutting blades that make the smallest, fluffiest grind.

Downside: if you have big hands it can be hard to grip properly in order to turn it. To solve this problem, break up your week into smaller pieces with your fingers, which helps to avoid jamming.

I
SLX Grinders are so much better than Santa Cruz Shredders because of the ceramic non stick coating just ask @Johnlandy420

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Cheap coffee grinder is the way to go. You get a custom grind depending on how long you let it spin. I like a shag cut. Smokes smoother than a fine grind from a typical grinder. You can grind a bigger volume too.

Kief accumulates as a thick paste. Scrape that stuff out and go to the moon.

Top Bottom