I need help with small setup

• Thread starter Simba1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Simba1

Simba1

Hello guys I want to setup grow room and i decided to have 3 femenize photo seed with 50 liter pot is about 50 cnm ot half meter, how much space do i need ?and i choosed LED with 15000lumin and 440 till 850 spectrum.please i need real expert advise.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Welcome to, The Farm!!
Do some research hit the search bar. Gather up some questions and get started:)

FTCG

FTCG

50 litres is like what? A 15 gallon pot? Those are for some monster plants! General rule of thumb is you was 1 gallon for every foot of growth.

Check out @MIMedGrower grow logs for an idea. He uses 3 gallon pots and the plants get quite large.

First step is a long and health veg, and then once you have a strong plant it's time to flower.

Key to a healthy harvest is a healthy veg.

15 000 lumen leds are not all that powerful. A 600w hps puts out 60 000-90 000 lumens and is able to cover a 4ftx4ft area.

Area coverage will depend on your light coverage. Try to find out how many watts you light drawing, and that should tell you how much space you can cover, which will in turn determine the size your plants will be.

E

eirI

50 litres is like what? A 15 gallon pot? Those are for some monster plants! General rule of thumb is you was 1 gallon for every foot of growth.

Check out @MIMedGrower grow logs for an idea. He uses 3 gallon pots and the plants get quite large.

First step is a long and health veg, and then once you have a strong plant it's time to flower.

Key to a healthy harvest is a healthy veg.

15 000 lumen leds are not all that powerful. A 600w hps puts out 60 000-90 000 lumens and is able to cover a 4ftx4ft area.

Area coverage will depend on your light coverage. Try to find out how many watts you light drawing, and that should tell you how much space you can cover, which will in turn determine the size your plants will be.
So much valuable information here thank you. My question is the watering part. I see cannabis like some other plants likes the wet/dry phases. Is it so the roots keep growing to find water and so does that increase yield when time to pick.

E

eirI

So much valuable information here thank you. My question is the watering part. I see cannabis like some other plants likes the wet/dry phases. Is it so the roots keep growing to find water and so does that increase yield when time to pick.
Sorry I meant to add more to my question You said key to healthy harvest is a healthy veg. I got that I understand light and muted and good soil etc. watering phase sticking finger down soil until damp or do you use a meter or what I heard couple inches on topsoil etc.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sorry I meant to add more to my question You said key to healthy harvest is a healthy veg. I got that I understand light and muted and good soil etc. watering phase sticking finger down soil until damp or do you use a meter or what I heard couple inches on topsoil etc.

You are quoting yourself eirl. Quote the comment you are answering then tab down below the quote and answer. That keeps your reaponse out o the quote box amd visible.

To answer the question. I think it is a very important question. I wait in potting soil until the pot is almost as light as the same pot full of dry soil. Ot feels alarmingly light when i pick it up. Like whoa! Better water before she wilts. Also the lower leaves can be drooping a bit is ok.

I like to see a moisture meter probe read in the dry zone about 3/4 way down the pot. A finger in the top or a couple inches down does not indicate a dry pot down lower.

Overwatering happens over time by leaving it too wet down there. Drowns the roots.

E

eirI

You are quoting yourself eirl. Quote the comment you are answering then tab down below the quote and answer. That keeps your reaponse out o the quote box amd visible.

To answer the question. I think it is a very important question. I wait in potting soil until the pot is almost as light as the same pot full of dry soil. Ot feels alarmingly light when i pick it up. Like whoa! Better water before she wilts. Also the lower leaves can be drooping a bit is ok.

I like to see a moisture meter probe read in the dry zone about 3/4 way down the pot. A finger in the top or a couple inches down does not indicate a dry pot down lower.

Overwatering happens over time by leaving it too wet down there. Drowns the roots.
Thanks again your amazing

FTCG

FTCG

I would say it has a lot to do with keeping a healthy root zone and oxygenation of the roots zone.

Letting the soil dry out should also allow for the pH to drift a bit and cover all bases with nutrient absorption.

I think MIMedGrower has a very nice soil mix. Lots of organic matter to retain moisture. You will see your plants drop fairly quickly in just soiless mix with no amendments.

More observations are needed, but one thing I have noticed, is that when I let my soil do its own thing and dry out a bit, I see quicker bud formation.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would say it has a lot to do with keeping a healthy root zone and oxygenation of the roots zone.

Letting the soil dry out should also allow for the pH to drift a bit and cover all bases with nutrient absorption.

I think MIMedGrower has a very nice soil mix. Lots of organic matter to retain moisture. You will see your plants drop fairly quickly in just soiless mix with no amendments.

More observations are needed, but one thing I have noticed, is that when I let my soil do its own thing and dry out a bit, I see quicker bud formation.

I just use good bagged potting soil like ocean forest or equivalent.

But when i used pro mix i let it dry out the same way between watering/fertilizing.

FTCG

FTCG

Nothing, it's getting used to the environment, it may be a little too dry out for such a small plant, in veg.

It will come out of it.

Just look at the thick stem on that.

This plant is healthy.

I see, you have a before and after. Looks like a critter got to it. The plant itself is going to blow past it all in a weeks time so sit tight.

Simba1

Simba1

Nothing, it's getting used to the environment, it may be a little too dry out for such a small plant, in veg.

It will come out of it.

Just look at the thick stem on that.

This plant is healthy.

I see, you have a before and after. Looks like a critter got to it. The plant itself is going to blow past it all in a weeks time so sit tight.
Iam so happy that finaly I found this place u guys are great tnx alot for ur time and supporting .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree. Soil is cracking around the main stem?

I like to start in small cups and transplant up so i can water to saturation.

I tried it in the big pots from the start in the beginning but i had trouble trying to water around the plant like that so i am not fit to advise.

But I guess get more of the soil wet.

Simba1

Simba1

I tried it in the big pots from the start in the beginning but i had trouble trying to water around the plant like that so i am not fit to advise.

I am watering only the main stem area and som sparaying around the edge untill its gets biger then ill water all over the pot i didnt know the trans plant prositure but from now on heh no mistake like this any more lol

Simba1

Simba1

What you guys think about this place do i need to grow indoor or no ?i have sun for 8 hourse max in sumer time and fall goes to 4 to 5 hours
And is it possible to have tant grow room or i have to build the wall considering weather changing and climate?

Reactions: Ina
Simba1

Simba1

Hello guys I want to setup grow room and i decided to have 3 femenize photo seed with 50 liter pot is about 50 cnm ot half meter, how much space do i need ?and i choosed LED with 15000lumin and 440 till 850 spectrum.please i need real expert advise.
What you guys think about this place do i need to grow indoor or no ?i have sun for 8 hourse max in sumer time and fall goes to 4 to 5 hours
And is it possible to have tant grow room or i have to build the wall considering weather changing and climate?

Screenshot 20190519 112857 Chrome
Screenshot 20190519 112906 Chrome
Screenshot 20190519 112950 Chrome
Screenshot 20190519 112955 Chrome
Screenshot 20190519 113042 Chrome
Screenshot 20190519 113047 Chrome
Top Bottom